BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

12 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Right, except the chances fell to SG.  So we really couldn't have scored any more than we did. 

Well Dack and Brereton both had decent chances as well. But my point was we made a number of chances and should have scored more than one. Jim was suggesting that Cabango was the reason why we didn’t and I was disagreeing.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He gave the ball away at least 6 time before I stopped counting in the first half and even the commentators who usually ignore alot of poor displays commented on it and said the bench were screaming at him so not sure what you saw but I thought he was lucky not to be hooked inside the first half.

But anyway he did play well tonight but I don't think improving on poor displays deserves such high praise yet.

I think you need to check your abacus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How do you think Barnsley are doing it? 

And why are Huddersfield doing so badly? And why did we nearly leave the division the wrong way in 2013 instead of bouncing straight back?

Perhaps, just maybe, there’s a lot going on with relegated clubs on and off the pitch and it isn’t just as simplistic as parachutes = success, ay?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I have been a critic and still am tbh but I have no problem saying he played well tonight but calm down. Does 1 good game undo his previous 10 performances? Has a long way to go.  

And he was poor Saturday unless you are rewriting history.

He was great Saturday and as great tonight. It’s my opinion not a re-write. I’ll respect yours if you respect mine.

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think you need to check your abacus.

Why? Go and look back there pal, did you watch the game? I'm sure others on here saw him give it away numerous times and heard the commentators pick up on it. 

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He was great Saturday and as great tonight. It’s my opinion not a re-write. I’ll respect yours if you respect mine.

I didn't say I don't respect it. Course I do but great seems a stretch so we can leave it I suppose.

Just now, BigBar said:

I didn't say I don't respect it. Course I do but great seems a stretch so we can leave it I suppose.

Fine if it’s a stretch, but to say I’m re-writing history is a tad harsh. If you saw his game at the weekend as poor then so be it.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Fine if it’s a stretch, but to say I’m re-writing history is a tad harsh. If you saw his game at the weekend as poor then so be it.

I'm just confused about what you thought was great. As I said I thought he was poor so we can leave it. 

The parachute payment argument is massively flawed. Parachute payments are not to give teams a leg up to make them impossible to compete with. They are for clubs to cope with the acclimitisation of massively reduced income and initially Premier League level expenditure. They dont come down and spend 100m on new players. The majority of high earners that took them down have now been removed having been burdens rather than assets. Only Ayew really remains, with their team predominantly loans and academy graduates.

Even if Barnsley dont go up, they prove they can compete with Swansea etc. An inferiority complex is based on a massively flawed theory.

• Like 3

Interesting to read so many diverse views on John Buckley. Personally I thought he has had a couple of decent games this week and is looking a lot stronger than when he first broke into the team. He also provides an attacking threat breaking from midfield and putting in some killer passes. A bit sloppy at times but overall its good to see another of our own doing good. 

• Like 1

Trybull's neat pass to create the chance for Dack was superb. He's been disappointing at times but from recent performances, it seems he definitely has something. With the pressure off for the rest of the season and having made his way into the first team, I wonder if we might start to see the best of him.

I'm not sure if it was Gallagher but the penalty 'tackle' looked really clumsy. 

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Did you miss Cardiff, Hull, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth, Leicester, Brentford, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Ipswich, Huddersfield, Wolves, Leeds and now Barnsley and Reading who have all finished in the top 6/got promoted in the last 10 years not one of whom was in receipt of parachute income?

We have owners with financial resources greater than Norwich, Watford, Brentford and Swansea's owners combined. Shouldn't that count for something?

Really?

Lets just say they're all examples of how you can compete, I'll give you 20 teams every year that fall short in the Championship.

The original point was, Swansea received £100m+ in 2018.

We lost £20m+ in the same season, and even more after that.

If you think we can compete at the same level as the teams coming down from the Premiership then all credit to you.

Its the hope that kills you, if you're still living in 1995 or 2005.....

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Gallagher was doing the right thing in trying to clear the danger and many refs would have ignored that kind of contact since it still created a chance. The player didn't take it in his stride and get upended by a missed clearance. He stretched to get there, forced contact and went down like he'd broken his ankle, completely bought a penalty imo. The ref was conned.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

Really?

Lets just say they're all examples of how you can compete, I'll give you 20 teams every year that fall short in the Championship.

The original point was, Swansea received £100m+ in 2018.

We lost £20m+ in the same season, and even more after that.

If you think we can compete at the same level as the teams coming down from the Premiership then all credit to you.

Its the hope that kills you, if you're still living in 1995 or 2005.....

I'll tell you how you compete....... like Burnley did with their first promotion, and like Sheffield Utd soon after coming out of league 1. You get a quality manager backed by an ambitious board, some astute signings and organised all over the pitch. You do not take the Mowbray route of convincing swathes of fans that we,re lucky to be on the same pitch as the likes of Swansea. Total defeatist cop out im afraid

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BlueBro said:

I'll tell you how you compete....... like Burnley did with their first promotion, and like Sheffield Utd soon after coming out of league 1. You get a quality manager backed by an ambitious board, some astute signings and organised all over the pitch. You do not take the Mowbray route of convincing swathes of fans that we,re lucky to be on the same pitch as the likes of Swansea. Total defeatist cop out im afraid

You do know we are owned and run by Venkys don’t you?

Its not my fault or your fault, but those are the facts and we’ll never improve as long as they’re running the show.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They've a lot better chance than we have and using your metric they've no right to be competing with us!

🙂

Unless they go up they’re not competing with us, that’s the point, we’re all also rans Rev.

We played all the football in that game.

I listened to the Swans commentary, they were a bit hard to listen to, in understanding, but generally quite fair in their analysis. 

The ''Its Vs fault' line is known and accepted by all rationally minded people.

It doesn't need repeating just to deflect from the dross inhabiting Ewood and Brockhall.

Illness and Symptom. Prognosis is bad.

• Like 1