BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

8 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Didn't realise Swansea haven't won at Ewood for 49 years. I can only assume we have barely played them, but cling to the hope that it's a bogey(aswell as boggy)ground for them.

Sept 25th 1971. Lost 1-2 in front of 6,695. That'll be the sort of gates we'll be getting next season if things don't change.

Rovers team for those who are interested -

Jones.

Goodwin, Conlon, Fazackerly, Wood.

Price, McDonald, Garbett, Kopel.

Martin, Shanahan.

No wonder we lost ! Rogers came on as sub for Kopel and scored our goal.

15 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Didn't realise Swansea haven't won at Ewood for 49 years. I can only assume we have barely played them, but cling to the hope that it's a bogey(aswell as boggy)ground for them.

Even K**n's team beat them if I remember correctly?

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sept 25th 1971. Lost 1-2 in front of 6,695. That'll be the sort of gates we'll be getting next season if things don't change.

Jones.

Martin, Shanahan.

7 months before I was born so I wouldn't remember 😂😂

9 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Not sure mate, just said on sky they hadn't beaten us in the league for 49 years at Ewood. Cup game maybe??? 

Yeah we beat them at Ewood in the premier league 4-1 or 4-2 under the crook and I may be wrong but I think the Yak might have scored all four?

We did also play them in the FA Cup fairly recently and won as well.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

7 months before I was born so I wouldn't remember 😂😂

Around this time was possibly the lowest time in our history, certainly in our history up to that point. Then Ken Furphy got the show on the road again and the long upward climb began.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Around this time was possibly the lowest time in our history, certainly in our history up to that point. Then Ken Furphy got the show on the road again and the long upward climb began.

I had only just started going to games regularly at that point and my dad made this point very strongly to me. I still found it exhilarating to be honest, and have fond memories of Furphy's tenure. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I had only just started going to games regularly at that point and my dad made this point very strongly to me. I still found it exhilarating to be honest, and have fond memories of Furphy's tenure. 

Ken did a great job, he signed some of our favourite players and built the foundations for a promotion team.

• Like 1

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah we beat them at Ewood in the premier league 4-1 or 4-2 under the crook and I may be wrong but I think the Yak might have scored all four?

We did also play them in the FA Cup fairly recently and won as well.

Didn't that prick try to insinuate boos aimed at him were aimed at the fact we were winning or some BS?

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones.

Martin, Shanahan.

I was there - I assume.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Jones.

Martin, Shanahan.

I was one of the 6,695

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

With us playing Brentford on Friday night he’s definitely rotating tonight...Nyambe, Johnson and Rothwell coming in at a minimum! 

He may well make a change or two but hopefully not as mentioned apart from Nyambe back in. Johnson and Trybull would be a rather immobile partnership and the latter was outstanding on Saturday, if there is to be a change there, it would surely be Travis for Buckley. Dack finally played further forward was the catalyst to the win and the unimpressive Rothwell should not take his place, and the front 3 should remain I would suspect.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I was one of the 6,695

I assume that I was too, although it would have been very close to when I went off to Sheffield to university. I then started a few years of trailing around some of the fleshpots of Yorkshire football following Rovers, like Millmoor and Valley Parade. I also did a lot more fun things as well!

Hello Rovers fans. Hornet fan in peace here. Can I just politely ask you to thrash these cheating welsh morons? I have been to Ewood a few times in my tenure as a Watford fan and love the atmosphere and the fans' are great. You should of got a draw at Vicarage Road and at your place - very unlucky.

Hope you have a great season and push for a possible playoff place. As for us, it's automatics or a playoff lottery.

Wishes Ada xx

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ada Lovelace said:

Hello Rovers fans. Hornet fan in peace here. Can I just politely ask you to thrash these cheating welsh morons? I have been to Ewood a few times in my tenure as a Watford fan and love the atmosphere and the fans' are great. You should of got a draw at Vicarage Road and at your place - very unlucky.

Hope you have a great season and push for a possible playoff place. As for us, it's automatics or a playoff lottery.

Wishes Ada xx

Even the most optimistic Rovers fan knows this is not possible under our current manager.

Had a few good trips to Vicarage Road over the years as well. Good luck.

• Like 1