BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

Really clumsy and rash challenge by Gallagher. If it had have been the other way round I'd have wanted a penalty.

He's an absolute liability at both ends of the pitch. Douglas is terrible as well.

Other than that, pretty good performance by recent standards. Trybull who I don't rate at all is having a decent game and Dack is playing more in the areas where he can do some damage.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really clumsy and rash challenge by Gallagher. If it had have been the other way round I'd have wanted a penalty.

He's an absolute liability at both ends of the pitch. Douglas is terrible as well.

Other than that, pretty good performance by recent standards. Trybull who I don't rate at all is having a decent game and Dack is playing more in the areas where he can do some damage.

Yer Gallagher and Douglas have been the worst performers, the rest have been good.

The standard of refereeing in the Championship is an absolute disgrace. That's one of the best halves of football I've seen us play this season. A couple of blips from Douglas aside, they've all looked good. Really not sure how Brereton hasn't won a penalty at the start there. And the Swansea penalty is a disgrace. Their player is already going down from no contact when Sam swipes a leg out (which even from a couple of replays, I'm not convinced even touches the player).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BigBar said:

The worrying thing about the refs performance is that it seem premeditated, seems he made his mind up on how he was going to favour Swansea from the off. Bizarre to see. Not right.

Right from letting them wear that kit!

Are players/managers allowed to request they change if it's a problem btw? Even at HT?

This guy is rivaling Trevor Kettle for the worst ref I've ever seen at Ewood. I can't enjoy watching the game for being constantly wound up!

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Watched the first half with Swansea commentary - switching back now, Lee Trundles accent really grates on me.

Of course, he didn't think ours was a pen, thought the handball was a stonewall, as was the one they were given. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These commentators are transfixed with referees and are so biased. I thought the Brereton one looked a penalty, as was the Lenihan handball which they didnt mention. Unsure on the actual one that was given. We have been pretty good but dont create enough of substance.

To be fair to them they don’t have the benefit of replays like us and it would have been easy to miss the handball in real time.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e be fired up as hell for the second half after that soft penalty

Really TM would fire you up? I think he is more likely to extinguish it.

23 minutes ago, mustard said:

It was good to see him stick the boot in on their lad after getting clattered himself earlier.  Can see the fire in him today.

Buckley obviously read his thread and the discussion between myself and some equally intelligent and perceptive posters, and took matters on board.

• Like 1