BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

• Adam Armstrong to miss out again
  • Lewis Holtby may get a place on the bench
  • McBride & Pike expected in London with the 23's who'll play at the same time as the 1st team in the PL2 vs Arsenal
  • Tired legs referenced - could see Nyambe replace JRC
  • Harvey Elliott hint dropped about a return to Starting XI

5 points from 27. Suppose 4 of them from the last 6 available so technically this is the crest of a Mowbray wave.

14 points off the play offs 12 points off relegation sums up the extent of my interest in this. More Mowbray mid-table mediocrity. 

• Like 5

• DE. pinned this topic
2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

How is it fair this game is on a Friday? We only played Tuesday. Surely it should be a normal Saturday kick off with that considered. 

To make matters worse Brentford have had 10 days off.

Yeah, that might be the reason for lack of posts on this thread, nobody realizes we play tomorrow... or a poor effort from your thread starter! 🤨

5 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

How is it fair this game is on a Friday? We only played Tuesday. Surely it should be a normal Saturday kick off with that considered. 

To make matters worse Brentford have had 10 days off.

We've played Wednesday > Saturday for a while, no different in that regard. 

It will be an excuse used by the performance-related one though I'm sure. 

• Like 4

Kammy

Nyambe Lenihan THB Douglas

Buckley Trybull Dack

BB        Dolan.        Elliott

Tried to keep it the same as we’re playing well. JRC interview proven that he needs looking after and I’d rest SG too. Other than that, play and look to freshen up the midfield and Douglas during the game. Plenty of options if people tire.

0-2 Brentford outclass us Mowbray reverts to type, we are behind Brentford in terms of where we want to be. It was close, we didn’t get hammered, we put it in the bag and move on. Yes football is about winning but we are better for the experience the young lads out there performed brilliantly against an experienced champions team!🤬🤬

33 minutes ago, TonyM said:

At least being on Sky we will get a proper commentary, and not have to listen to the two muppets on iFollow

..........and replays during a break in play rather than immediately after the action meaning you miss half the stuff - particularly corners whilst you're watching a replay of why the corner was given! Winds me up.

Anyway, on to the game, I have a funny feeling we'll win this one - provided Mowbray doesn't decide to tinker too much - and we'll all be thinking about what could've been. Meanwhile, all it succeeds in doing is prolonging Tony's stay.

I'll go for a 2-1, Dolan & Dack on the scoresheet for us, Ivan Toney for them obviously.

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

We get a penalty in 93rd minute to grab a point and then .....................Raya saves!!!

I backed a draw tues and a win tonight on a double. Returns £50 off a fiver. Guaranteed we won't win tonight in afraid. 

38 minutes ago, TonyM said:

At least being on Sky we will get a proper commentary, and not have to listen to the two muppets on iFollow

On the downside though Keith Andrews will probably be pointificating (sic) in the studio. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TonyM said:

And those dummy commentators don goodman and the other idiot waxing lyrical about 'how we're so unfortunate and a great passing side". Pass me the sick bucket 

24 minutes ago, roverandout said:

And those dummy commentators don goodman and the other idiot waxing lyrical about 'how we're so unfortunate and a great passing side". Pass me the sick bucket 

Not just Sky, even The Times is at it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vertical-football-and-intense-press-has-barnsley-dreaming-of-premier-league-return-pp3s6kz5c

‘Blackburn Rovers visited Oakwell last month Tony Mowbray did something pretty remarkable. The Rovers manager is well known for his commitment to expansive, possession-based football’

The rest of the article is behind the paywall, but it generally goes on to say how prosaic and hard to watch Barnsley are. Their fans must be hating their charge up the table, if only they could be more ‘expansive’ like us. £10 a game’s a bargain to watch such delights!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not just Sky, even The Times is at it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vertical-football-and-intense-press-has-barnsley-dreaming-of-premier-league-return-pp3s6kz5c

‘Blackburn Rovers visited Oakwell last month Tony Mowbray did something pretty remarkable. The Rovers manager is well known for his commitment to expansive, possession-based football’

The rest of the article is behind the paywall, but it generally goes on to say how prosaic and hard to watch Barnsley are. Their fans must be hating their charge up the table, if only they could be more ‘expansive’ like us. £10 a game’s a bargain to watch such delights!

200-2.gif

• Like 1

I'm nearly as baffled as Mowbray will be on which way this one will go. Would've said its a nailed on loss up until the last two but now who knows... who cares?! 

2-2, Mowbray to talk about Brentford like their fucking Barcelona afterwards and how we're trying to replicate their journey but it'll take another decade 

• Like 1