Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.


Recommended Posts

Just now, Tom said:

Best team won but we definitely should have had a penalty 

Hope Dacky is ok 

I don't agree with you. Over 90 minutes it could have gone either way. They didn't create much in the first despite being superior but we were far better than them in the second half. Elliott has to be starting every game, but I understand Tony wanting to field the same eleven (except for Nyambe). Think Buckley is starting to look better and better and hope he gets a good run in the side. 

 

On to the next one. Boys can be proud of the second half. Hope Dack is okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom

Penalty controversies gives Tony the usual excuse as to why this one didn't go our way. "On another night" and so on. Meanwhile our death by a million cuts under TM continues unabated. 

Dack's injury meanwhile is a horrible end to a miserable night. I really hope it isn't as bad as it seems, as his career could effectively be over. At the very least another serious injury would be psychologically very difficult for him to recover from. Praying desperately that it's not as serious as it looked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Not sure we look like getting level though, even with 80 minutes to go. That's far more concerning. Hope I'm wrong. 

So predictable. Even with 80 minutes to go.

Ref had a shocker but we'd have needed a penalty to have any real chance of scoring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DE. said:

Penalty controversies gives Tony the usual excuse as to why this one didn't go our way. "On another night" and so on. Meanwhile our death by a million cuts under TM continues unabated.

This is death spiral part 2 no doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone wondering Dack hurt his right knee last season. If it's his knee this time it looked like it had to be his left one, but could be ankle or groin, not sure. Hope he'll be okay, but probably out for a little while. Bennett looked worried cos it's our main man, and Raya is a fair player - but that was a pen. One soft pen given to them, two clear-cut pens not given to us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again we lose, the are lucky to have Frank as manager...

 

The referee was really poor. Should had been a penalty when Nyambe fell and then Rayas push on Dack giving an alarming concerning injury. I would not feel good tonight if I was Raya.....

Edited by neophox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't agree with you. Over 90 minutes it could have gone either way. They didn't create much in the first despite being superior but we were far better than them in the second half. Elliott has to be starting every game, but I understand Tony wanting to field the same eleven (except for Nyambe). Think Buckley is starting to look better and better and hope he gets a good run in the side. 

 

On to the next one. Boys can be proud of the second half. Hope Dack is okay.

I must have watched a different game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three penalty decisions and he gave the least obvious. I’m beginning to wonder what the point of watching football is anymore when referees decide the outcomes of so many games.

We need a new manager, not least to bite the bullet on Gallagher and Brereton, but I can’t see how anyone thinks our players are collectively good enough to challenge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s getting harder and harder to find anything positive to say. Our players give a good effort, but they aren’t getting much help from the manager or coaches. And then there’s the injuries. Enough said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Best team won but we definitely should have had a penalty 

Hope Dacky is ok 

Unfortunately another narrow defeat and loads of ready made excuses for the manager tonight.

I actually think the ref should have blown up against Dack for unsporting behaviour as Raya had no way of knowing Dack was coming up behind him and it would have prevented the collision and unfortunate injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
1 minute ago, booth said:

This is death spiral part 2 no doubt.

I'm not sure we ever really came out of the last one. Not like we have in previous seasons, anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

5 points out of 30

Any other club......

I honestly think his number is up. Surely there must be Venky advisors telling them this chap Tony Mowbray is no longer up to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Again we lose, the are lucky to have Frank as manager...

 

The referee was really poor. Should had been a penalty when Nyambe fell and then Rayas push on Dack giving an alarming concerning injury. I would not feel good tonight if I was Raya.....

Thomas Frank is a good manager but they didn't adapt to our changes in the second half. Held on and think he'll be a relieved man after tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.