BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

3 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

You would surely still wonder why if he wasn't injured. You don't sub your best player. ACLs are horrible injuries and most often happen in freak circumstances, just like the last time against Wigan. The injury isn't anyone's fault. 

Fair enough. I'd say it was a foul so if it's anyone's fault it's Raya's, but it wasn't a bad challenge or anyting, just bad luck. 

On another note, I hope they do replace the pitch. Would be like signing a new player.

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

Dack’s done his left ACL. 

I liked but not really, just agreed: Brad's on gas and air, in agony, tears and Olivia by his side.

Just when you thought the day couldn't get any fucking worse.

Thoughts are with him and my pal Dave.

• Like 2

Am wrestling with the whole unlucky thing and my conclusion is that we are unlucky but this ill fortune is compounded and more severe for us because of TMs mismanagement. 

Dack's injury is both gutting and yet not totally surprising. It is unfortunate but had we not been so desperate to get him in the team and in such poor form it was hard to take him of, the chances of this would have been lower. Heck if Gally or Bereton were a bit more of an astute purchase the pressure for Dack's return also would have been lessened.

I get there's a lot of what ifs and uncertainty in there, but wherever I look across the team bad luck is compounded by underperforming or crocked players. Warton massively unlucky but when you have the other centre backs you have - you are setting yourself up to fail, there's no safety net for an unfortunate injury. Ditto Travis both in terms of quality and injury prone nature of replacements. 

And it's the same with the penalties. There's no safety net. Outside of the bad penalty decisions how much did we create? We often don't get going in the first half. Our unluckiness is compounded by our inability. 

I think injuries may have cost us playoffs this year by a couple of places and points; it's a tough league. It doesn't cost us a death spiral, a bottom half finish and being miles off the playoffs. That's on us. Our misfortune has weakened us but so, so much is self inflicted. 

On Dack. Gutting. No other words for it really other than to say hope he gets better quickly. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yeah, I suppose you're compensating for the weak knee maybe? Which raises questions about him playing 3 times in 6 days. Big questions. 

Meanwhile JRC was rested. The decision to play him has certainly cost us.

• Like 1

Devastating news for Dack tonight with another ACL Injury likely. 12 months out. 

Travis injured too. 

Rovers lack end product in the final third tonight. We miss Armstrong. 

Brentford's penalty wasnt a pen but our 2 were penalties. But it is what it is. 

Just a disappointing night losing Dack and Travis to injuries again

Just now, Stuart said:

Travis has been rested after playing too much too soon after coming back as well, and Johnson didn't look fit enough to make the squad tbh.

I think this squashes Dack's Premier League dreams for good, but he can still come back a good player for us. Fingers crossed. Loved the way he combinded with Rothwell and Elliott in parts of the second half - showed some real promise.

Just now, Aqualung said:

Thoughts with Dack first. Get to the end of season and get rid then. 

Get rid now, why wait till the end of season. Let's see what the verdict is on Dack first. I accept it doesn't look good, but I wouldn't put it past Mowbray to be using this situation as a means to deflect from his failings. He's already exaggerated player injuries on more than one occasion this season. ( I do fear the worst for Dack though I'm afraid)

Just now, Stuart said:

It seems a bit mean-spirited to have a go at Mowbray at this moment as he's clearly upset BUT he has form for playing players when they are injured and making their injuries worse. Dack, in my non-expert opinion, has been badly managed here. 3 games in leas than a week for a lad who'd been out with such a bad injury is insane.   

• Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It seems a bit mean-spirited to have a go at Mowbray at this moment as he's clearly upset BUT he has form for playing players when they are injured and making their injuries worse. Dack, in my non-expert opinion, has been badly managed here. 3 games in leas than a week for a lad who'd been out with such a bad injury is insane.   

He finished Williams' season by rushing him back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It would seem mean spirited if it wasn’t for the latter part of what you said 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It wasn’t a ‘go’. I was just stating fact.

If Mowbray has not picked him he’d have been criticised for that too.

Our problems run much deeper than tonight and incidents like this are not really a fluke but the culmination of many other decisions that brought us to this point. But that’s a debate for another day.

Just feeling weary of it all at this point. We are back to watching the slow motion car crash. Yet again.

Parsonblue used to talk about the ebb and flow of football. We really are at a low ebb right now, here’s hoping an upturn at some point soon. Given were we are I don’t see how it can until there is a change of manager.

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Our problems run much deeper than tonight and incidents like this are not really a fluke but the culmination of many other decisions that brought us to this point. But that’s a debate for another day.

Just feeling weary of it all at this point. We are back to watching the slow motion car crash. Yet again.

Parsonblue used to talk about the ebb and flow of football. We really are at a low ebb right now, here’s hoping an upturn at some point soon. Given were we are I don’t see how it can until there is a change of manager.

Exactly and Mowbray was being criticized for not playing him enough! 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

You misunderstood.  I wasn't saying you were having a go, I was questioning myself for asking questions of how he was managed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Two ACL’s what are the chances, just pure shite luck. Absolutely gutted for him, had a great career ahead.

He’s 27 he’s not a kid mate, he’s not good enough to be a premier league player, feel sorry for him, but he’s not a premier league player, no matter how harsh that sounds.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 2