BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

No need to blame anyone for the injury. Dack has been back for 3 months not 3 weeks. This is the first run of starts he’s had in that time and he’s been getting back to his best recently. Was anyone saying before the injury that Dack should have been taken off as a precaution..?

Awful season, almost worse than the relegation years given the expectations. 

He's not fit as admitted by Mowbray and he's played him 3 times in a week. I'm pretty angry about it to be fair. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Dacks injury was caused by a side on impact from Raya whilst deliberately ''fouling'' Dack. 

Nothing to do with fatigue, being overplayed, the pitch, climate change or why birds fly south.

Its that simple.

I am not saying that Raya had intent to injure, but he did have intent to ''foul''.

I wasn't a foul he just used his body to protect the ball. If you're giving a foul for that then there would have been free kicks every time that Toney got hold of the ball with his back to goal.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am not saying that Raya had intent to injure, but he did have intent to ''foul''.

In the box? You honestly.think Raya had that thought go through his mind? Give a penalty away, Dack was going away from goal.

His years here proved Raya doesn't think well under pressure...he panicked and tried to get to the ball first and fouled him.  No intent to give a penalty away.

• Like 2

Heartbreaking for Dack - really feel for him. Trying to apportion any blame is crass.

I don’t think Mowbray is a good manager and likely will never get us promoted - that’s a conversation for another day. What I do see though is a good bloke who cares deeply about the club and the players.

Another season we can write off. Let’s see what happens in the summer. Personally, I’d like to see a change, I think it would be best for all parties. Let’s see what happens.

Brentford are much much better than us for what it’s worth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 47er said:

The thing is we are not going to spend summer looking forward to the next are we? 

Speak for yourself, I look forward to every season and have done for 40yrs+ (Maybe not the king rat ere, but definitely the rest) 

• Like 2

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

What I do see though is a good bloke who cares deeply about the club and the players.

Yep, your right.  He's even lending a hand with the sale of the clubs assets to save us getting those pesky estate agents with their fookin commission....nice lad Tony.

Loves Ryan, always mentioning him in his interviews,  and Del can fuck off too....in a nice loving way...

👍

• Like 2

Watched it again, I'm wrong, Dack goes to plant himself heavily which he does have a habit of doing. It's very similar to the Morsy incident, although with Raya slightly less to blame. Terribly unlucky for him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Might be wrong but I think Dack's left foot "goes" in the turf which left him vulnerable just before the nudge from Raya. The pitch is partially to blame for me.

Hoping it's not as bad as he fears. 

Glad we trained on Ewood when it was at its most vulnerable instead of training on the indoor pitch to 'prevent injuries'....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Speak for yourself, I look forward to every season and have done for 40yrs+ (Maybe not the king rat ere, but definitely the rest) 

Supposing crowds are allowed back in, how many season tickets will we sell?

We are not free of relegation yet either remember. 

I'm getting increasingly disinterested in all things Rovers, more than 70 years after I saw my first game. Venkys are wiping away my history.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm getting increasingly disinterested in all things Rovers, more than 70 years after I saw my first game. Venkys are wiping away my history.

Nothing you or I can do about that 47er, the fans had a chance to protest and cause a shit storm when King Rat was here and 99% did fook all and here we are.

I heard the same gripes in 80's, my dad in late 60's and 70's, plenty fell away, no hope, then Jack came along.

I look forward to every season, if only to see how our younger players progress, but thats just me.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Dacks injury was caused by a side on impact from Raya whilst deliberately ''fouling'' Dack. 

Nothing to do with fatigue, being overplayed, the pitch, climate change or why birds fly south.

Its that simple.

Absolute nonsense. There was a legitimate coming together shoulder to shoulder and Dack went to ground and it looked an absolutely nothing incident. 999 times out of a 100 that wouldn't have resulted in any injury at all let alone a bad one.

I'm also Mowbray's least biggest fan but even  I don't think you can blame him or not blame him for not playing him enough or playing him too much.

Nor would I blame the pitch, it didn't look like anything nasty had occurred it was just a dreadfully unfortunate occurrence.

Medically I'm not qualified to comment on Dack's likelihood of picking up an ACL on the other side due to overcompensation but if the medical team say Dack is fit to go Mowbray is entitled to rely on that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

It wasn’t a ‘go’. I was just stating fact.

If Mowbray has not picked him he’d have been criticised for that too.

It's not the managers job to avoid criticism, but to take decisions in the best interests of the club. He most definitely has form for rushing players back. Third game in a week and he keeps him on the pitch for the whole game. Utterly barking. Even more so given the state of the pitch. 

He's been rushed back because of our appalling run. But the reason we're on such a run isn't primarily because we're missing Dack, but because our squad is unbalanced and the manager has no strategy and consistency. 

Dack has suffered as a consequence. I hope it's just a tweak. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its sad people feel this way.

Personally I'll be back on Ewood but I would say I'm becoming disinterested in football in general (in its current state). Obviously having no fans present has been necessary but its just not cutting it for me anymore, I watch so many games and can count on hand the number of games I would class as a good watch. They're all so flat and it's a chore now even tuning in. Arsenal v Spurs this weekend is usually an entertaining feisty affair, this one will no doubt be garbage.

Can't wait to draw a like under this season now and pray we're allowed back ALL next season.

Football at the moment is essentially a bath with clothes on, a tug with a Johnny on, a kebab without the meat and a hug from a prostitute. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Glad we trained on Ewood when it was at its most vulnerable instead of training on the indoor pitch to 'prevent injuries'....

And it's not difficult to figure out why we were inexplicably  training on a pitch that was already knackered in light of recent events is it?

4 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Its not the managers job to avoid criticism, but to take decisions in the best interests of the club. He must definitely had gotten for rushing players back. Third game in a week and he keeps him on the pitch for the whole game. Utterly barking. Even more so given the state of the pitch. 

He's been rushed back because of our appalling run. But the reason we're on such a run isn't primarily because we're missing Dack, but because our squad is unbalanced and the manager has no strategy and consistency. 

Dack has suffered as a consequence. I how is just a tweak. 

Well said. 

I've had bad knees my whole life.  Both of them can go at the same time. Its shit. Walking along then pop.  U fall in a flood of agony. Ironically my most painful experience was coming out of Ewood after we lost at home to Bolton under kean and I stepped into a pothole and the terrible pain I felt, I couldn't stand up for 20 minutes.  Only one person out of hundreds came over to help me. This was at night time by the way. If ur on here thanks for ur help 

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I wasn't a foul he just used his body to protect the ball. If you're giving a foul for that then there would have been free kicks every time that Toney got hold of the ball with his back to goal.

He looked, then moved to make impact.

Its a foul.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's not fit as admitted by Mowbray and he's played him 3 times in a week. I'm pretty angry about it to be fair. 

Not going to go around in circles but it wasn’t a fatigue injury. He’s at risk of an impact injury just by being on the pitch. Playing 2 games before tonight didn’t have anything to do with it. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

In the box? You honestly.think Raya had that thought go through his mind? Give a penalty away, Dack was going away from goal.

His years here proved Raya doesn't think well under pressure...he panicked and tried to get to the ball first and fouled him.  No intent to give a penalty away.

Are we going round in circles?

Are you saying it was a foul and therefore a penalty should have been given? That is what I am saying. 

Did I ever say that Raya intended to give a penalty away?

If you think I did show me.