BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or a succession of different people taking advantage of absentee landlords.

Ultimate responsibility lies with the owners of course. Their name is over the door.

Absentee landlords, who have chosen that same "succession of different people" and who have repeatedly failed in their duty to be vigilant. 

It's a wee bit more than name over the door.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

I'd say Raya feels sick, ex long term team mate. Imagine being involved in the incident that led to that with what I imagine is a good friend and ex colleague. Shit all round.

He's probably quite relieved the ref didn't blow up for the stonewall pen to be honest.

Calamity Raya. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, broadsword said:

It's not the managers job to avoid criticism, but to take decisions in the best interests of the club. He most definitely has form for rushing players back. Third game in a week and he keeps him on the pitch for the whole game. Utterly barking. Even more so given the state of the pitch. 

He's been rushed back because of our appalling run. But the reason we're on such a run isn't primarily because we're missing Dack, but because our squad is unbalanced and the manager has no strategy and consistency. 

Dack has suffered as a consequence. I hope it's just a tweak. 

Garbage, form start to finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bazza said:

Brentford FC have spent a few years organising a way of running a club, scouting for the right type of player, playing a certain way and choosing the right managers to do this. And it showed tonight how far they have come in the last 5 years with this plan. 

They were unlucky not to win promotion last season. Suspect they will finally achieve their goal this year. Good luck to them if they do.

I wish BRFC were structured similar.

How they run their club is disgraceful - they had 2 British players in their starting 11 tonight and have no Academy. They're awful for the English game. 

They're my most hated team. I laughed so hard when Calamity Raya cost them promotion last year. I hope he does the same this. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

But that's the problem he isnt

If Nyambe is playing as a wing back of his own volition the other players should riot too. Rothwell should just play himself as a CM whenever on the pitch. Gallagher and Brereton should play themselves as CFs.

Somehow I suspect that's not the case. 

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

If Nyambe is playing as a wing back of his own volition the other players should riot too. Rothwell should just play himself as a CM whenever on the pitch. Gallagher and Brereton should play themselves as CFs.

Somehow I suspect that's not the case. 

OK 

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nothing you or I can do about that 47er, the fans had a chance to protest and cause a shit storm when King Rat was here and 99% did fook all and here we are.

I heard the same gripes in 80's, my dad in late 60's and 70's, plenty fell away, no hope, then Jack came along.

I look forward to every season, if only to see how our younger players progress, but thats just me.

I was one who did fuck all just because I didn’t want to be associated with utter stupidity and the BNP Merry men, 

creating a protest t shirt in the colours of your away kit and then someone starting up a new rovers club with a stolen copyright Super Bowl logo haha

Blind leading the blind

28 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Absentee landlords, who have chosen that same "succession of different people" and who have repeatedly failed in their duty to be vigilant. 

It's a wee bit more than name over the door.

Fair enough.

Perhaps the owners expected them to be acting in good faith and not trying to feather their own nests though!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Supposing crowds are allowed back in, how many season tickets will we sell?

We are not free of relegation yet either remember. 

I'm getting increasingly disinterested in all things Rovers, more than 70 years after I saw my first game. Venkys are wiping away my history.

I'm with you on this one, 47er. The word I've used to describe my relationship with what I used to call, "This Great Club Of Ours" is 'divorced'. Obviously the pandemic and the truncated season's part of that; but until the Trust sold us to our present owners, I always felt that the club was in good hands, run by Boards who had the same sort of affection for it as we, the fans, have.

Now, it feels that we're in an era of benign[?] neglect, with owners that do the bare minimum for us, and can't be bothered even to sack the manager for his bizarre tactics leading to pathetic results.

I'm sure you, 47er, will doubtless remember Al Read, the comedian from Salford, on the wireless [old meaning!] in the 1950s. One of his monologues was as a football fan who wouldn't go to watch his team who were on an unsuccessful run like Mowbray has us on at present.

"Why would I go and watch them?", he asked. "They never came to see me when I were bad!" Which is just how I feel about Mowbray's present team and tactics.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Are we going round in circles?

Are you saying it was a foul and therefore a penalty should have been given? That is what I am saying. 

Did I ever say that Raya intended to give a penalty away?

If you think I did show me.

And Bastard Jay Rodriguez, did he think similarly when Raya was on the receiving end at The Hawthorns?

Did he panic too before he dismantled his face?

Gutted for Dack.  Lads battled to get back on the pitch and if it is an acl it’s going to be difficult to come back from. Just the amount of time out makes returning difficult. Cant blame TM or anyone else. These things happen and all you can do is support the boy in his recovery and hope he can get back what he had 18 months ago. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ulrich said:

TM clearly allows fans opinions to influence the team selection, the guy is a moron and the above is why. Same 11, 3rd game in 6 days, most of them not regularly starting against 2nd in the league rested for 9 days. We had to change it tonight, just for fitness, I am shocked he didn't, some are coming back from serious injuries too.

Tony I'll hold the sword and you pretend the queen has walked in. 👍

I feel like Chaddy.

Impact injury or not, I wonder whether his knee would have coped had it not been subjected to its highest load since he returned. This is far from the 1st time we have had a player become injured again as TM plays them without thought of their condition. Travis, Williams spring instantly to mind. An ACL is serious shit, the tendency when it is your dominant leg that goes is for you to start using your non dominant leg much, much more. Ligament strength is developed over time, a long time and so this means your non dominant leg is placed under greater stress than it has ever endured. For the ligament to develop the strength needed will take years and he is no longer young ie his body growing etc, at his stage of life again developing the strength needed in his non dominant leg will take years, if ever. When ligaments are stressed/used far more than normal, they are weaker and this means when they undergo extreme stress like the clash with raya, they cannot deal with the impact like normal and snap.  Overuse lowers ligaments strength and means they are more prone to snapping. It was a recipe for disaster from kick off. TM took the risk in playing him and unfortunately he lost, whether directly or indirectly TMs choices regarding players pitch time after serious injury shows he gets it rather wrong more often than not.

Oh for the days of Fevre running our medical department.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, pick32 said:

It’s a freak injury, I want Mowbray out but some fans will really find pathetic things to pick at

Like it's Mowbrays fault Dack got hurt, had he not sold Raya that would not have happened.  How's that on a pathetic scale of 1-10.

Devastated for Dacky, he was just starting to show glimpses if his old self.  Godspeed to him in his recovery but I fear we will never see the Brad who wowed us so often.  Sad sad day.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Garbage, form start to finish.

Are you for fucking real?

You explain to us all why the post regarding Dacks’ reintroduction to the first team, after a 12 month lay off for a serious knee injury and then being asked to play 3 90 minute games in less than a week, is both sensible and acceptable!?

You need to give your GP a bell mate ASAP.

• Like 1

I didn't realise how many experts in strength and conditioning we had on here Jesus wept. Some people are making out he only returned to training last week! He was back training in like what September or October time last year wasn't he? Albeit not full training whenever he returned. He didn't exactly look like he was running through the pain barrier to try and nick the ball off Raya did he? His fitness was evidently starting to return as a result of more match involvement.

Its pretty clear we were cautious on his return, I would say he hasn't been rushed back at all. It's just horrible fucking luck and devastating for the lad.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I feel like Chaddy.

Impact injury or not, I wonder whether his knee would have coped had it not been subjected to its highest load since he returned. This is far from the 1st time we have had a player become injured again as TM plays them without thought of their condition. Travis, Williams spring instantly to mind. An ACL is serious shit, the tendency when it is your dominant leg that goes is for you to start using your non dominant leg much, much more. Ligament strength is developed over time, a long time and so this means your non dominant leg is placed under greater stress than it has ever endured. For the ligament to develop the strength needed will take years and he is no longer young ie his body growing etc, at his stage of life again developing the strength needed in his non dominant leg will take years, if ever. When ligaments are stressed/used far more than normal, they are weaker and this means when they undergo extreme stress like the clash with raya, they cannot deal with the impact like normal and snap.  Overuse lowers ligaments strength and means they are more prone to snapping. It was a recipe for disaster from kick off. TM took the risk in playing him and unfortunately he lost, whether directly or indirectly TMs choices regarding players pitch time after serious injury shows he gets it rather wrong more often than not.

Oh for the days of Fevre running our medical department.

I am no doctor - but noted a recent article "These data support recent analyses demonstrating no relationship between player workload in training and competition and the occurrence of ACL injury in sport."

Also, I think in TMs defence he does try to protect players. Though personally I would have started with Rothwell or Elliott rather than Dack.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Are you for fucking real?

You explain to us all why the post regarding Dacks’ reintroduction to the first team, after a 12 month lay off for a serious knee injury and then being asked to play 3 90 minute games in less than a week, is both sensible and acceptable!?

You need to give your GP a bell mate ASAP.

The guy (PM) has got form, Nick, as a prize chump and a WUM. You can expect a tirade of personal abuse and vitriol for having called him out, mark my words..

As for the injury to Dack, as with all disasters, it was a combination of things going wrong, rather than one specific factor. What if he'd not started and been chasing all over the pitch for 80 mins? What if he'd been rested for the Tuesday game? What if the pitch wasn't a professional players' boggy nightmare? What if he'd nicked the ball off Raya, gone round him back towards the goal (would he have been hauled down)? What if he'd not tried to be a clever clogs and sneak up on Raya? What if Raya had not freaked out and clattered him, but just fallen on the ball (probably handling it outside the area)? What if Dacky had trundled back to his own half like everyone else...? We will, of course, never know.

What we do know, however, is that the TV pictures clearly show the Brentford goalkeeper a) fouling Dack b) panicking under pressure; c) causing many many thousands of real damage to a Blackburn Rovers player and d) potentially ending a fellow professional's career in any meaningful sense. I felt sick when I saw what happened. The referee, in mitigation, didn't have the benefit of VAR (if that isn't an oxymoron!) and play had gone one a fair distance before anyone realised there was something seriously wrong with young Bradley (other than himself, of course, who must have been having an 'oh shit!' moment 😞 )

Rovers, on the night, returned to huffing and puffing without creating anything worthy of note or seeming likely to score. Brentford's penalty was a travesty, but hey- maybe their players are better at drawing attention to themselves in their opponent's box than our lot (esp Mr Dack)?

Mowbray was far too pally with their lot for my liking - too many gurning smiles and pats on the back. The guy plainly doesn't give a fuck.

Pasha out.

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Supporting Rovers at the moment is like having a boil on your arse
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I am no doctor - but noted a recent article "These data support recent analyses demonstrating no relationship between player workload in training and competition and the occurrence of ACL injury in sport."

Also, I think in TMs defence he does try to protect players. Though personally I would have started with Rothwell or Elliott rather than Dack.

Please don't Meghan Markle me, provide a link. Science is full of support for all angles as I wager I can papers that state the polar opposite.

You have sumed it up yourself, you would have rested him,....

Not the 1st time..

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Please don't Meghan Markle me, provide a link. Science is full of support for all angles as I wager I can papers that state the polar opposite.

You have sumed it up yourself, you would have rested him,....

Not the 1st time..

Haha, yes of course, that is a THING now!

• Like 1