BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I didn't realise how many experts in strength and conditioning we had on here Jesus wept. Some people are making out he only returned to training last week! He was back training in like what September or October time last year wasn't he? Albeit not full training whenever he returned. He didn't exactly look like he was running through the pain barrier to try and nick the ball off Raya did he? His fitness was evidently starting to return as a result of more match involvement.

Its pretty clear we were cautious on his return, I would say he hasn't been rushed back at all. It's just horrible fucking luck and devastating for the lad.

But that's the point. We had been cautious, sub apps 20-30 mins here and there, the odd start. These are bits and pieces, it is nothing full blown. And then bang, 3 90s in 6 days, the whole team was knackered from the off, everyone could see it. TM shifted from cautious to gone with the wind and now his ass has bite marks....

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bollocks. 

I didn't see people crying for Dack to be rested last night pre match. Nobody knows better how they feel than the player himself, Bradley Dack would not have jeopardised the rest of the season and most of next if he didn't feel ready to play. He got through pretty much another full game and looked more than ready to play on.

Listen I want Mowbray out as much as the next man, but to try and blame him for a freak injury is nothing short of stupid desperation.

Yeah tbh we don't need any more sticks to beat Mowbray with, he's supplied plenty already. 

Edited by DeeCee

Just now, Ossydave said:

Bollocks. 

I didn't see people crying for Dack to be rested last night pre match. Nobody knows better how they feel than the player himself, Bradley Dack would not have jeopardised the rest of the season and most of next if he didn't feel ready to play. He got through pretty much another full game and looked more than ready to play on.

Listen I want Mowbray out as much as the next man, but to try and blame him for a freak injury is nothing short of stupid desperation.

Seriously you start a response with bollocks? What sort of conversation are you hoping to inspire?

As soon as I saw the team, I posted and even mentioned it.... Further to that I have further supported my statement with logical and well presented words, explaining why it could have happened. I have even citied previous examples of other players but apparently I am desperate and clinging on to anything. Come on, if you want to respond challenge my thinking, do not call me names etc. In debate that generally indicates you cannot counter and you lose.

TM 5 points in 30, in the press talking about losing his job, Armstrong out, dack is our main man without him, he hasn't played 3 in 6 in well over 12 months and now he's out for a season. TM fears for his job, you think player's truly matter when Mr self preservation is backed against the wall? He'll be OK I bet he was telling himself, we need him, do we hell we are playing for nothing now. Winning yesterday was irrelevant to rovers but very for TM who thinks he is going to get sacked. Self preservation 1st,rovers & players 2nd, bloody obvious and now it has cost him dear.

If you intend on replying with further 'bollocks' do not expect a civil response 👍😉

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An impact that might not have caused if it wasn't in such a stressed state. An ACL on the other knee is a known risk when returning from injury to the opposite ACL.  

Second ACL injuries six times more likely after reconstruction, study finds -- ScienceDaily

Well if you have that view, a player would never play again. It didn't happen because he was over fatigued. It happened because of impact. He could have been rested for the last 3 games and the same incident would more than likely have led to the same outcome. 

There doesn't always have to be someone to blame. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well if you have that view, a player would never play again. It didn't happen because he was over fatigued. It happened because of impact. 

It will without doubt be a combination of both. Don't be so melodramatic with players will never play again, it's a big leap to go from cameos to 3 90s in 6 days. Were the rest of the team running around like they did in the 1st match? The whole team was knackered, fatigued, tired, however you want to term it and that's means you are more susceptible to injury, fact. Would resting him of made a difference?  Who knows. We lost and had absolutely nothing to play for but are risking our main man.  For what?  Stupid choice, stupid risk and now rovers will pay.

• Like 1

Just now, Ulrich said:

It will without doubt be a combination of both. Don't be so melodramatic with players will never play again, it's a big leap to go from cameos to 3 90s in 6 days. Were the rest of the team running around like they did in the 1st match? The whole team was knackered, fatigued, tired, however you want to term it and that's means you are more susceptible to injury, fact. Would resting him of made a difference?  Who knows. We lost and had absolutely nothing to play for but are risking our main man.  For what?  Stupid choice, stupid risk and now rovers will pay.

Nonsense. We have plenty to play for. We need to get to safety. 

You said it yourself, players playing are more susceptible to injury. So what's your solution? Players get injured all the time. This is a very unfortunate one for everybody. 

It's very, very easy for people to come on now on their high horses saying it's obvious he shouldn't have played. 

We've seen plenty of other players return from long term injuries, re injure themselves with similar types of injury in the past. Paul Warhurst and Kevin Gallacher are two that spring to mind. These thing happen and not always someone's fault.

As lots of said it may of been because of fatigue but so can any injury. Any player playing three games in less than week could have suffered it. Mowbray's a plank should not be manager I agree but to beat him with this is IMO is wrong. 

Now if you were to ask me if Dack should have been still on the pitch because of his performance, I personally would have took him at half time.

Don't forget,he scored 2 in his last 2. He was chomping at the bit to play. If there is a problem ,it's up to the players or the medical team to raise it. There is no way he played if he felt something with his knee.

It was clearly an impact injury. 

I don't think anyone should accuse Mowbray of not caring about Dack and his well being. He clearly does. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

As much as I've criticised Mowbray recently,  Dack has been back for 3 months now. It's not like he has just returned from injury last week. I would suspect he should be able to play a full 90 minutes twice in a week at this stage.

When Shearer returned and scored against Newcastle in 93 we didn't phase him back in over the next three months. He played practically every minute from that point onwards

• Like 1

Did anyone record the game? Perhaps we could re-run the incident that led to one of our prize assets being rendered worthless negative value to the club for the foreseeable future (perhaps even permanently).. It was a foul, despite the unusual circumstances. Officials missed it (or bottled it). Rovers pay the price.

Mowbray hardly batted an eyelid as the stretcher passed him. Fact.

Hasta has replied    Show Reply
  • Like 1

Watched the highlights again. 

For god's sake, how in the f**k was that not a penalty for Nyambe? Seriously like 

Their penalty, absolute dive. 

Do refs have their favourites ,or are they just shite? 

It's not the reason we are where we are, but there have been some stinking decisions lately. Last night was the worst. He literally man handled Nyambe to the ground. What could Lenihan do? If an an attacker is just going to run into the defender and dive? Brereton needs to get better at it if that's the case, because the top teams are good at winning them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

The guy (PM) has got form, Nick, as a prize chump and a WUM. You can expect a tirade of personal abuse and vitriol for having called him out, mark my words..

As for the injury to Dack, as with all disasters, it was a combination of things going wrong, rather than one specific factor. What if he'd not started and been chasing all over the pitch for 80 mins? What if he'd been rested for the Tuesday game? What if the pitch wasn't a professional players' boggy nightmare? What if he'd nicked the ball off Raya, gone round him back towards the goal (would he have been hauled down)? What if he'd not tried to be a clever clogs and sneak up on Raya? What if Raya had not freaked out and clattered him, but just fallen on the ball (probably handling it outside the area)? What if Dacky had trundled back to his own half like everyone else...? We will, of course, never know.

What we do know, however, is that the TV pictures clearly show the Brentford goalkeeper a) fouling Dack b) panicking under pressure; c) causing many many thousands of real damage to a Blackburn Rovers player and d) potentially ending a fellow professional's career in any meaningful sense. I felt sick when I saw what happened. The referee, in mitigation, didn't have the benefit of VAR (if that isn't an oxymoron!) and play had gone one a fair distance before anyone realised there was something seriously wrong with young Bradley (other than himself, of course, who must have been having an 'oh shit!' moment 😞 )

Rovers, on the night, returned to huffing and puffing without creating anything worthy of note or seeming likely to score. Brentford's penalty was a travesty, but hey- maybe their players are better at drawing attention to themselves in their opponent's box than our lot (esp Mr Dack)?

Mowbray was far too pally with their lot for my liking - too many gurning smiles and pats on the back. The guy plainly doesn't give a fuck.

Pasha out.

I think you and your mate need to calm down.

19 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Did anyone record the game? Perhaps we could re-run the incident that led to one of our prize assets being rendered worthless negative value to the club for the foreseeable future (perhaps even permanently).. It was a foul, despite the unusual circumstances. Officials missed it (or bottled it). Rovers pay the price.

He spoke to Dack.  

32 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

As raised previously  - did Raya handle outside the area ?

We are getting the rough end of decisions at the moment - no way was it shoulder to shoulder. Raya made a block with his leg - somewhat like Lenihan, with the big difference that Lenihan just stood his ground, whereas Raya made a definite move to block Dack.

• Like 2

Just shit isn't it.

I actually fell asleep with about 15 minutes to go last night so didn't even know about Dacky until this morning. 

Just think what's the point sometimes. We flatter to deceive and go nowhere as a club. Bradley Dack for me really lifted this club out the gloom. A club it was hard to love. Painful seeing this happen. Again.

It's just shit.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Seriously you start a response with bollocks? What sort of conversation are you hoping to inspire?

As soon as I saw the team, I posted and even mentioned it.... Further to that I have further supported my statement with logical and well presented words, explaining why it could have happened. I have even citied previous examples of other players but apparently I am desperate and clinging on to anything. Come on, if you want to respond challenge my thinking, do not call me names etc. In debate that generally indicates you cannot counter and you lose.

TM 5 points in 30, in the press talking about losing his job, Armstrong out, dack is our main man without him, he hasn't played 3 in 6 in well over 12 months and now he's out for a season. TM fears for his job, you think player's truly matter when Mr self preservation is backed against the wall? He'll be OK I bet he was telling himself, we need him, do we hell we are playing for nothing now. Winning yesterday was irrelevant to rovers but very for TM who thinks he is going to get sacked. Self preservation 1st,rovers & players 2nd, bloody obvious and now it has cost him dear.

If you intend on replying with further 'bollocks' do not expect a civil response 👍😉

I'll start it with nonsense if it makes you feel better sweetheart, because that's what it is.

That horrific injury that occurred last night could have happened last week, next week, 3 months, 6 months time absolutely irrespective of how many games he'd played in a week. If he'd started a player recovering from a hamstring injury despite him having tight hammys pre match then fine, he's definitely played a part but it's nothing like that is it?

Not gonna sit here all day bickering about it anyway, if you want to blame Mowbray then fine, your mind is made up.

Mowbray out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

As raised previously  - did Raya handle outside the area ?

We are getting the rough end of decisions at the moment - no way was it shoulder to shoulder. Raya made a block with his leg - somewhat like Lenihan, with the big difference that Lenihan just stood his ground, whereas Raya made a definite move to block Dack.

I don't care massively any more. You are right though. It makes zero sense that the ref gave their pen and not this one. Or the one on Nyambe. Each one had an element of softness too them. But its pure double standards in the same 90 minutes. We were poor. But the referee essentially decided the outcome to the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well if you have that view, a player would never play again. It didn't happen because he was over fatigued. It happened because of impact. He could have been rested for the last 3 games and the same incident would more than likely have led to the same outcome. 

There doesn't always have to be someone to blame. 

You're missing the key issue. Not every player is asked to play 3 games in 6 days. Nyambe isn't because of his Hamstring injuries. JRC wax rested last night for the same reason. Neither have been out for over a year. So, why was Dack asked to play 3 games in a week, meaning more stress on muscles, joints, ligaments etc? 

I think we all know the answer. 

• Like 2

Brentford were a really strong, committed (and niggly) side.

First half we were awful. Second to everything and let them bully us all over the park.

Penalty was so soft but they were 10 times better than us and we didn't even get close to having a shot.

Second half we were a different side. Not better than them but equal to them. A few half chances. Foul on Nyambe was a pen all day.

Not sure if Dack's was a pen or not but so sad really if hes out for another year. For the lad but also for the side and the wage bill. Bad all round.

If VAR had been in the game it could have been 1-1 or even 1-0 to us. Any of those would have been fair but no argument with the result against a side who look like they really want it this season.

I am firmly Mowbray Out but last night wasn't the worst by any stretch. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I didn't realise how many experts in strength and conditioning we had on here Jesus wept. Some people are making out he only returned to training last week! He was back training in like what September or October time last year wasn't he? Albeit not full training whenever he returned. He didn't exactly look like he was running through the pain barrier to try and nick the ball off Raya did he? His fitness was evidently starting to return as a result of more match involvement.

Its pretty clear we were cautious on his return, I would say he hasn't been rushed back at all. It's just horrible fucking luck and devastating for the lad.

3 games in 6 days isn't cautious for someone who wasn't fully fit and who the manager said would need a full season before we saw the best of him.