BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers vs Brentford, Friday, March 12.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You're missing the key point that it was impact. Could have happened the first game of next season. 

As for the JRC / Nyambe situation, well that explains itself. Both have their strengths. Nobody can replace Dack when he's on form and he was looking to be getting back to that. 

Did you raise the issue when you saw the team sheet? If not, be quiet. If you did raise it ,well done. 

'Be quiet'. LOL.OK tough guy. 

3 games in 6 days.  Poor management of the player and his welfare after such a long time out. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

God just when you think the season couldn't get worse..not easy being a Rovers fan. 

I have sympathy for Mowbray the last two games. I still know we need a change, but between referees and Dack now..really tough stuff to take. 

Is there any chance Dacks injury isn't an ACL???

All I've seen so far is Dr Mowbray's diagnosis.

He was wrong when SG got hurt so I hope he's wrong now.

It looks bad though. So sad for Dack.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

God just when you think the season couldn't get worse..not easy being a Rovers fan. 

I have sympathy for Mowbray the last two games. I still know we need a change, but between referees and Dack now..really tough stuff to take. 

Is there any chance Dacks injury isn't an ACL???

Judging by the outpouring of public support from the rest of the squad you'd think it incredibly unlikely sadly. They know it's serious and Dack will know what a torn ACL feels like.

I just don't get what enjoyment a pathetic Ref like Eltringham gets from doing what I have to say is a difficult job.

Its just that he's so consistently very poor, looks unfit and knackered and largely disinterested.

It can't be just that he gets to wear a cute pink shirt, can it?

I kind of understand the ones who are all musclebound wanting to show off in public but not so for the weedy types.

Poor blighter doesn't even get VAR to hide behind.

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Gav said:

Probably the strangest post of the night, BNP merry men protesting against Venkys?

Give yourself a good slap around the chops man, or put the special brew down (Do they even have special brew these days)?

We should have chased these charlatans out of the club years back, if this lot had taken over the club on the 70's the fans would have burned the ground down with them in it.

We missed the chance to get rid of the bastards, so now we have to live with the consequences. 

Mowbray isn't the problem, neither was Bowyer, Berg or Lambert, its the bloody owners that need sacking and until they piss off this club will stagnate and die a slow death, its as simple as that.

Sounds a bit 'BNP' to me

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Gav said:

Probably the strangest post of the night, BNP merry men protesting against Venkys?

Give yourself a good slap around the chops man, or put the special brew down (Do they even have special brew these days)?

We should have chased these charlatans out of the club years back, if this lot had taken over the club on the 70's the fans would have burned the ground down with them in it.

We missed the chance to get rid of the bastards, so now we have to live with the consequences. 

Mowbray isn't the problem, neither was Bowyer, Berg or Lambert, its the bloody owners that need sacking and until they piss off this club will stagnate and die a slow death, its as simple as that.

I was one of the supporters who was involved in the protests. Gave up my Saturday mornings Friday evenings. Gave out leaflets. What was your involvement?

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

All I've seen so far is Dr Mowbray's diagnosis.

He was wrong when SG got hurt so I hope he's wrong now.

It looks bad though. So sad for Dack.

Mowbray said the doctor thinks it's an ACL, he wasn't giving a personal diagnosis.

Dack also said it felt like last time.

At actual speed I thought it was a penalty because Lenihan puts his arm out across his waist. Very similar to the Walsh / Speedie incident but he had no need to do it.

IMG20210313130417.jpg

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Be quiet'. LOL.OK tough guy. 

3 games in 6 days.  Poor management of the player and his welfare after such a long time out. 

He’s been back for 3 months.

JRC for a week and Nyambe has hamstring problems, has been playing all season.

They have muscular problems and are being handled appropriately.

Dack was shoved and landed on his knee.

Trying to blame TM for this takes the piss. We pretty much all agree he can’t take us forward, but is this part of a smear campaign? Proper boy who cried wolf shit.

There’s enough things to criticise TM for but a freak injury to one of our players is not one of them.

Ridiculous.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

At actual speed I thought it was a penalty because Lenihan puts his arm out across his waist. Very similar to the Walsh / Speedie incident but he had no need to do it.

IMG20210313130417.jpg

A still picture doesn't really give any perspective and any contact from Lenihans arm was minimal. For me the Brentford player initiated the contact once he knew he was marginally ahead of Lenihan. Lenihan is actually trying to get out of his way. I could accept this as a penalty if the referee had been consistent and awarded two to us which both had more actual contact than the one he gave.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A still picture doesn't really give any perspective and any contact from Lenihans arm was minimal. For me the Brentford player initiated the contact once he knew he was marginally ahead of Lenihan. Lenihan is actually trying to get out of his way. I could accept this as a penalty if the referee had been consistent and awarded two to us which both had more actual contact than the one he gave.

You can see the thought process from one angle.

He clips the ball to the side, glances, sees he’s overdone it, then immediately drops his planted leg

Does me head in, but I do think those a regularly given nowadays as any contact at all, whether initiated by the attacker or not seems to be given.

Stupid.

And ours were worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I just don't get what enjoyment a pathetic Ref like Eltringham gets from doing what I have to say is a difficult job.

Its just that he's so consistently very poor, looks unfit and knackered and largely disinterested.

It can't be just that he gets to wear a cute pink shirt, can it?

I kind of understand the ones who are all musclebound wanting to show off in public but not so for the weedy types.

Poor blighter doesn't even get VAR to hide behind.

Championship Refs get paid a retainer of of between £38,500 and £42,000 based on experience and then £600 per match. So if they do 20 games a season, good money. And I guess many still have a day job!

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

He’s been back for 3 months.

JRC for a week and Nyambe has hamstring problems, has been playing all season.

They have muscular problems and are being handled appropriately.

Dack was shoved and landed on his knee.

Trying to blame TM for this takes the piss. We pretty much all agree he can’t take us forward, but is this part of a smear campaign? Proper boy who cried wolf shit.

There’s enough things to criticise TM for but a freak injury to one of our players is not one of them.

Ridiculous.

Fatigue is an apparsnt contributor to ACL injuries. Dack played 3 games in 6 days. Playing a handful of games in the last 15 months will not have prepared him for that. No amount of insults or childish suggestions of smear campaigns will change that. 

Mowbray didn't look after him, it's that simple. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't disagree. Contact was completely minimal (as it was on Speedie)

But watch it at actual speed and his arm comes across and the guy goes down. At the time that's what I thought it hadn't been given for. I only noticed the knee clash on the replay. 

Its soft but I can see why he gave it. I can't understand how the ref or the lino doesn't give the Nyambe penalty. 

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Fatigue is an apparsnt contributor to ACL injuries. Dack played 3 games in 6 days. Playing a handful of games in the last 15 months will not have prepared him for that. No amount of insults or childish suggestions of smear campaigns will change that. 

Mowbray didn't look after him, it's that simple. 

I wholeheartedly disagree.

It was not unreasonable at all to play Dack in these games and I’ve yet to see anyone suggesting that before the accident.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.

It was not unreasonable at all to play Dack in these games and I’ve yet to see anyone suggesting that before the accident.

Completely unreasonable. I saw quite a few mentions of Mowbray resting players who had played twice in the last 5 days. It was a very poor decision, hindsight or not. But we all know why he played and he isn't the first player to be poorly managed whilst injured by Mowbray. 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Completely unreasonable. I saw quite a few mentions of Mowbray resting players who had played twice in the last 5 days. It was a very poor decision, hindsight or not. But we all know why he played and he isn't the first player to be poorly managed whilst injured by Mowbray. 

Yes. Because he’s one of our best players, has been slowly reintroduced over months and was showing zero signs of fatigue. And we have games to play.

He was running his bollocks off up until the 91st minute, it even led to the accident.

If we can’t agree to disagree I’ll just take solace in the fact that I am absolutely 100% correct 😋

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Brentford fans, while universally sympathetic about Dack, are arguing whether Dack was allowed to do what he did. Some suggest he needed permission from the ref to come back on to the field of play.  

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/blackburn-0-1-bees-toney-p.135070/

They are ignorant of the law. Dack didn't deliberately leave the field of play and as such didn't need permission to come back on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

They are ignorant of the law. Dack didn't deliberately leave the field of play and as such didn't need permission to come back on.

That's what I thought too - else ref would have to give permission all match long.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Quite right. He was pushed off by Toney. The push happened in the penalty area but pushes don't seem to count as fouls anymore. Cheating does.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2