BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The re-invigoration of BRFC

You can see the good that supporters clubs can do by looking at what London Branch do; they organise meetings, Q and As with club execs, player awards, big presence at south east away games, trips up to Ewood.

A real way of keeping a geographically disparate group involved with the club, and as more and more of our fanbase live further and further from Blackburn, I would argue it’s MORE important than ever to have a network of them - not that the modern club gives a shiny shite. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Based on your behavior, it's not a 'public school boys' thing. It's 'anyone that's not me' thing.

Not at all.  The forum has become its own odd micro-climate of one-sided, unbalanced and fantastical thinking. I suspect the pandemic has made it worse: the Rubicon is in the rear mirror of far too many I'm afraid.  

I genuinely believe the only way we can get crowds returning is winning games. How is that attainable without a complete change from within the club? It reminds me of the 80s when Mackay took over. He saw that the club was dyeing and tried to change the mentality of the club. He saw that the club need a more positive media image but fundamentally the club needed to win games. He went out and sold the club locally, he signed Archibald and club went on a long unbeaten run. Crowds returned.

Fast forward to today, the club only deals with a negative image in the media, our manager doesn't seemed concerned about losing games. People see this and they are not going to go.

Darrenrover and his group deserve praise for the efforts, it does not matter if they are public school or not its irrelevent. Until the fans unite to change the club's present ethos then I fear it is doomed to failure.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Not at all.  The forum has become its own odd micro-climate of one-sided, unbalanced and fantastical thinking. I suspect the pandemic has made it worse: the Rubicon is in the rear mirror of far too many I'm afraid.  

I agree that there does appear to be a more negative spin on here at present especially compared to other social media. But I ask does having a go at 'public school' types offer a balance? Personally I think it detracts from the counter argument.

I would love some of the positive club supporters to be on here to give a proper counter argument so we can have a more balanced debate which could unite the fanbase.

It is only then can the fans be able to drive change at our beloved club.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I don't know what this means. Can you explain in plain language ? 

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I’d say a lot of it is just that on here people have had the benefit of previous experience with Venky’s and also Mowbray that people know what to expect and have lost patience.

(I.E because a lot of the revelations with Venky’s and the dodgy stuff broke on here at the time, which is when people come on questioning why posters are so suspicious I always find it funny).

I would agree that people are a lot more aggy after a year of being cooped up though. 
It’s only ever pixels on a screen anyway, not worth getting worked up about.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I agree that there does appear to be a more negative spin on here at present especially compared to other social media. But I ask does having a go at 'public school' types offer a balance? Personally I think it detracts from the counter argument.

I would love some of the positive club supporters to be on here to give a proper counter argument so we can have a more balanced debate which could unite the fanbase.

It is only then can the fans be able to drive change at our beloved club.

I'm referring to the rather smug and self-satisfied claim that Darren is part of an elite group of Rovers fans who bonded at QEGS.  Bob Mortimer's Lister comes to mind, "I know Dentists and Doctors."

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm referring to the rather smug and self-satisfied claim that Darren is part of an elite group of Rovers fans who bonded at QEGS.  Bob Mortimer's Lister comes to mind, "I know Dentists and Doctors."

Yes I can see and agree that it could upset some but that detracts from their argument. You calling that out rather than arguing the facts that need debating only detracts from yours

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

It's irrelevant how they met, after all these years the common denominator for them is Rovers and the betterment of it. And for that they should be applauded not derided. And I know Darrenrover and believe me there is nothing elitist about him.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, matt83 said:

There’s only 4 ways to get folk who’ve lost interest going again. 

4 success

Changed it for you Matt.

-  and even then, for many lapsed fans it won’t rekindle their interest. 

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's irrelevant how they met, after all these years the common denominator for them is Rovers and the betterment of it. And for that they should be applauded not derided. And I know Darrenrover and believe me there is nothing elitist about him.

I agree it's what people do, not where they come from.

• Like 1

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Not remotely true, it's just not the place for the bigoted classism-based trolling that you're engaging in. Or any other ism for that matter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Yes I can see and agree that it could upset some but that detracts from their argument. You calling that out rather than arguing the facts that need debating only detracts from yours

I would say that I have been putting a view forward that is unpopular regarding TM this season, and I may well be wrong - that's why I like having a Forum.  But too many times the rules of reasonable debate have been overtaken by some pretty shoddy accusations IMHO.   

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I would say that I have been putting a view forward that is unpopular regarding TM this season, and I may well be wrong - that's why I like having a Forum.  But too many times the rules of reasonable debate have been overtaken by some pretty shoddy accusations IMHO.   

Pot. Kettle. Sooty arse.

• Moderation Lead

Hi everyone, I think we’ve allowed it to continue long enough and it’s detracted from the thread at hand.

Can we leave alone any more discussion about the OP’s school of choice please?

It really isn’t relevant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hi everyone, I think we’ve allowed it to continue long enough and it’s detracted from the thread at hand.

Can we leave alone any more discussion about the OP’s school of choice please?

It really isn’t relevant.

Fair enough.  I have some bacon to cook, but one has to defend oneself.

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I'm against private education because it maintains privilege for the wealthy at the expense of the vast majority - have a look at government, its senior officials, the media and so on.  So when a bit of bragging about private school networks appears, I think you have to be prepared for people to point out how daft it sounds to others.  That isn't bigoted, nor is it trolling.  

To be fair, it’s for the mods to decide what constitutes trolling....

• Like 1

Fair play to Darrenrover for taking the initiative and trying to do what the likes of Waggott, (pretend Chief Executive), should be doing.

In terms of the generally negative, pessimistic views on this forum, I think a lot of that relates to age and a better understanding of the club's plight than is prevalent on other forums and outlets.

Some of those people will be in for a shock when they see the size of the crowd when supporters are allowed to attend again.

Not many folk will be prepared to put up with monotonous mediocrity, (at best),  season upon season.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Totally agree. I'd love it too. But every time I see it attempted on other SM it amounts to nothing more than 'stop being negative'. 

• Like 3