BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The re-invigoration of BRFC

1 minute ago, Meesh said:

I've read the original post a few times over, although I haven't read every post in this thread.

Am I right in saying that this is a plan to bus supporters from different parts of Lancashire into Ewood to boost footfall for both Rovers and the local businesses on match days? Sounds logical enough to me.

If that’s the plan I’m totally on board and think it’s a great initiative. But it’s a tiny part of the bigger problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

OK - but if you’re asking people to support the work which you’re doing, you need to spell out clearly what it is you intend on doing to put the pride back into the football club. Until that point I don’t know what you’re proposing. 

Listen, I’m all for it. In principle. I know some of the names involved - some (not all) are very well connected and have plenty of resource available to them. 

I’ll try it another way. 

Step 1 - assemble ‘we’ - a group of long time trusted friends who want to put the pride back into Blackburn Rovers. 

What is step 2, 3, 4 and 5? Is it to add people from your group to the board? Is it to convince Venkys to sell the club to your consortium of friends? Is it to remove the existing management and replace them with local lads? Is it to reward Tony Mowbray with a 10 year contract? Is it to sell the academy land? Keep it? What is it?

Well, buying the club and rewarding Tony Mowbray with a 10 year contract are not on the agenda. 

As for selling The Academy Land?.....give me a break FFS!

40 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Well, buying the club and rewarding Tony Mowbray with a 10 year contract are not on the agenda. 

As for selling The Academy Land?.....give me a break FFS!

Ok - were getting somewhere now. The proposal you would make to Venkys would be for your group to take over from Waggott and Cheston and be added to the payroll, as you think you would do a better job than them? 

On 21/03/2021 at 13:40, J*B said:

Ok - were getting somewhere now. The proposal you would make to Venkys would be for your group to take over from Waggott and Cheston and be added to the payroll, as you think you would do a better job than them? 

You asked a question previously as to how we intended to achieve the aims and ambitions of every self respecting Blackburn Rovers stakeholder?......I failed to answer and will not go into specifics but I feel I missed a trick!....

The simple answer is best reflected in two 2 word Latin phrases, that both mean a lot to our lads and in short best answers the question posed without going in to specifics. They are:

ARTE ET LABORE     and      DISCE PRODESSE

If you need either translating, give me a shout.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough (Official Video) - Bing video.webarchiveA la Dépeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough":

When I'm with you Rovers

I just go out of my head

And I just can't get enough

All the things you do to me and every time you play

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

We slip and slide as we fall in love

And I just can't seem to get enough of....do.do.dodo, dodo...Blackburn Rovers (repeat)

We walk together

We're walking down the street

Every time I think of you

I know we have to meet

I just can't get enough

It's getting hotter, It's a burning love

And I just can't seem to get enough of

Do, Do, Dododododo....Blackburn Rovers

etc, etc.....I think it's a great song to get Ewood rocking again....as long as everyone is suitably enticed back post Covid!......

Edited by darrenrover

46 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough (Official Video) - Bing video.webarchive 4.79 MB · 2 downloads A la Dépeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough":

When I'm with you Rovers

I just go out of my head

All the things you do to me and every time you play

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

We slip and slide as we fall in love

And I just can't seem to get enough of....do.do.dodo, dodo...Blackburn Rovers (repeat)

We walk together

We're walking down the street

Every time I think of you

I know we have to meet

I just can't get enough

It's getting hotter, It's a burning love

And I just can't seem to get enough of

Do, Do, Dododododo....Blackburn Rovers

etc, etc.....I think it's a great song to get Ewood rocking again....as long as everyone is suitably enticed back post Covid!......

You start by getting it played over the tannoy system, to get people used to singing it. eventually the crowd will take over. It might take a few matches, it might take a lot of matches, but it will happen. Crystal Palace is a prime example. I still feel sick when I hear "Glad All Over".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

You start by getting it played over the tannoy system, to get people used to singing it. eventually the crowd will take over. It might take a few matches, it might take a lot of matches, but it will happen. Crystal Palace is a prime example. I still feel sick when I hear "Glad All Over".

Cheers Rigger, may have been thirty odd years ago and I'd almost forgotten but thanks a bunch for bringing Dave Clarke 5 to the forefront of my mind!

You're right though, I want to spew every time I hear that tune....be great if we had something similar though as opposed to that shit version of Wild Rover or Final Countdown.

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Cheers Rigger, may have been thirty odd years ago and I'd almost forgotten but thanks a bunch for bringing Dave Clarke 5 to the forefront of my mind!

You're right though, I want to spew every time I hear that tune....be great if we had something similar though as opposed to that shit version of Wild Rover or Final Countdown.

Blondies, "One Way Or Another" has a cracking beat if the words could be adapted. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

2 hours ago, rigger said:

OMG...So do I..

So 70s rock references aside as we’ve hit rock bottom and the lights are out ( ok two there from the best 70s rock outfit ).

what’s the next stage with the re invigoration, how does that message chime with those that matter aka pasha 

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

So 70s rock references aside as we’ve hit rock bottom and the lights are out ( ok two there from the best 70s rock outfit ).

what’s the next stage with the re invigoration, how does that message chime with those that matter aka pasha 

That is going to be the difficult bit

On 29/03/2021 at 13:39, darrenrover said:

...you've just got the hots for Debbie Harry!

Just catching up on the whole thread. I take my hat off to you pal. Even if what you're trying to do ends in failure, the very fact that you're leading by example and showing passion is enough. Maybe you'll inspire a few others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beafo said:

Just catching up on the whole thread. I take my hat off to you pal. Even if what you're trying to do ends in failure, the very fact that you're leading by example and showing passion is enough. Maybe you'll inspire a few others.

Thanks, it's very much appreciated.