BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Bristol City - 17/03/21

Don't worry it's another positive result against one of the top teams. Possession stats show we dominated the game and on another night we'd have got what we deserved from it, all 3 points. We're on a decent run over the last 4 games, very few losses, we are hard to beat. We are still only about 40 games into our journey and have unbelievable luck with injuries. It's a young team that's only going to get better. 

Have I got the post match presser right? We are dross and next season is looking very grim indeed if TM is here. 

My main 2 gripes are:

1) Stop playing the hokey cokey with the team. A player starts and is dropped, no continuity whatsoever. Also some of those selected - urgh poor, poor players. 

2) Stop changing their sodding positions. Buckley starts to do ok so we shift him round. Seriously do we want players to fail? 

• Like 4

Absolutely horrendous, what a sorry set of players that Mowbray has assembled.

Special mentions to Brereton and Johnson who were particularly bad. Lots of praise for Rothwell but aside from a couple of runs to nowhere, did nothing again. Neither did Holtby. Armstrong doesnt look fit, all of the subs were pointless. Kaminski nearly cost us the point. And not a chance that Rankin Costello is anywhere near as good as Nyambe.

• Like 3

I would say this resembled a steaming pile of horse manure, but at least manure has a purpose. 

Another manager could take 4-5 of our existing players, add castoffs from Championship clubs, and 1 or 2 from league 1, and we have a top 10 side. 

I fail to see what TM accomplished the last 10 games, except to grow our fans apathy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

City are sucking the life out of the game. We've no ideas.

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

74% poss, but one less shot on target than BC. 

These two statements are incompatible.

I cannot remember a worse game of football than that.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

1 win, 3 draws, 7 defeats. The next game likely to make that 8 defeats. Anybody else at any other club would be out on their arse.

TM to get a contract extension.

He'd never sign it, he's an honorable man.

• Like 3

Overall thought we totally dominated the game in terms of stats, but we were quite lucky to get out with the draw. We gifted Bristol City quite a few really good chances that they luckily didn't finish.

Sort of shows the issue with Mowbray's philosophy - what's the point in dominating possession and having more long range shorts if you are going to give away three or four quality chances every game for nothing, and never actually get in behind the opposition?

We really lack someone who can score goals when the opposition sits deep. A proper target man. And Douglas is a total liability defensively at left back. 

Anyway... we've had four years now. It's not going to change. Time for someone else to have a spin.

• Like 3

On the positive side I wasn't expecting a point. Surprised with how poor Bristol were and that we got something from it. 

Mind you, even with exceptionally low expectations, I'm always surprised by how how boring we can be. If Big Sam got the pitchforks out for negative football, napalm should be cracked out for this dross. 

Sadly I am not surprised by how frankly bizare the team selection and substitutions are, even though they continue to be mindbogglingly random. 

• Like 2