BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Bristol City - 17/03/21

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

6! Changes

20210317_184632.jpg

A team picked by someone that does not care about the future of Blackburn Rovers.  With the season over and no difference in the prize of finishing 11th or 18th, the loanees that will not be here next season should have been sent back by now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

6! Changes

20210317_184632.jpg

Playing right into the hands of a counter attacking side by having no real 'spoilers' in the middle. No, Johnson doesnt count.

For a man who usually spends too much time worrying about the opposition, and has been talking about their counter attacking threat, I'm a bit surprised by that.

Also not sure why we are taking the risk with our only other major asset and goal threat now Dack is paggered, just to try win a dead rubber.

Edited by bluebruce

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Playing right into the hands of a counter attacking side by having no real 'spoilers' in the middle. No, Johnson doesnt count.

For a man who usually spends too much time worrying about the opposition, and has been talking about their counter attacking threat, I'm a bit surprised by that.

ironically id`e have picked evans or trybull in the middle of the park,bristol city are a mirror of reading,counter attacking sides

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We’ve only won one in ten so I don’t know why people are surprised!

6 changes tonight. The tombola is back out big time.

Genuinely don't know why it surprised me a little.

Maybe I was just disappointed (whats new when it comes to Rovers)

• Like 1

Wasn't Armstrong supposed to be out for another week, according to Mowbray? Holtby is still here? JRC playing? Another one out injured, supposedly. Bennett on the bench. That's a middle finger to the fans. Johnson gets a game. 

Mowbray's gone for the shock and awe tactics. Bristol City will never have seen this starting XI coming and will be awed by its possession dominance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banzai said:

A team picked by someone that does not care about the future of Blackburn Rovers.  With the season over and no difference in the prize of finishing 11th or 18th, the loanees that will not be here next season should have been sent back by now.

I’m not pleased by it; can’t say I’m surprised by it, though. 

Plenty of players will feel very aggrieved at being dropped. Dolan and Buckley especially, but Trybull should be annoyed too.

Says a lot when nobody raises an eyebrow at Nyambe being dropped to play an attacking player out of position.

There is absolutely no good argument for keeping Mowbray on until the end of the season. The players with the expiring contracts who are worth keeping don’t seem to have any intentions on signing new deals. A new manager might change that.

Drain the bloody swamp. Hopefully halt the exodus of players, give us a sliver of hope, save Brockhall and respect Jack’s legacy.

• Like 4

Not sure Dolan can feel overly aggrieved, never looked like scoring in the last 3 games and isnt a striker, maybe out wide but his last 2 performances didnt make dropping him impossible. Buckley has more of a case I would suggest.

Kaminski, Brereton, Lenihan and the most likely departing Armstrong the only 4 who have contracts past June.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Plenty of players will feel very aggrieved at being dropped. Dolan and Buckley especially, but Trybull should be annoyed too.

Says a lot when nobody raises an eyebrow at Nyambe being dropped to play an attacking player out of position.

There is absolutely no good argument for keeping Mowbray on until the end of the season. The players with the expiring contracts who are worth keeping don’t seem to have any intentions on signing new deals. A new manager might change that.

Drain the bloody swamp. Hopefully halt the exodus of players, give us a sliver of hope, save Brockhall and respect Jack’s legacy.

I think that JRC was been better than Nyambe, and maybe the younger players need resting.  

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not sure Dolan can feel overly aggrieved, never looked like scoring in the last 3 games and isnt a striker, maybe out wide but his last 2 performances didnt make dropping him impossible. Buckley has more of a case I would suggest.

Kaminski, Brereton, Lenihan and the most likely departing Armstrong the only 4 who have contracts past June.

dolan has worked his arse off in the last 3 games and buckley has just started to show us he`s a proper footballer,i don`t know what dropping them achieves tbh

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This. Three games out the last four he’s been on the bench. Can see that continuing until the end of the season when he’ll be quietly ushered out the door by mid-table Mowbray. Real shame.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

dolan has worked his arse off in the last 3 games and buckley has just started to show us he`s a proper footballer,i don`t know what dropping them achieves tbh

He did work his arse off, but he didnt offer any goal threat. Maybe he could have argued to play on either side other the below par Brereton or the soon departing Elliott, but as a direct question between him and a fit (if he is) Armstrong, its a non context.

Buckley I agree.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Lose badly tonight and who knows, Mowbray might walk, he won't fancy getting absolutely

battered at Norwich, he knows he's out of his depth.

Put your house on Pukki grabbing a couple, what a player at this level. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He did work his arse off, but he didnt offer any goal threat. Maybe he could have argued to play on either side other the below par Brereton or the soon departing Elliott, but as a direct question between him and a fit (if he is) Armstrong, its a non context.

Buckley I agree.

tbh,armstrong has looked totally disinterested in the last month,he might be more experienced and a better finisher but to me he`s one dimensional and if it`s not going for him you might as well play with 10 men