BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

1 hour ago, booth said:

He didn't play him for a year because "he wasn't ready". He still isn't.

Anyway my point wasn't to diss one of your favourite players, it was a point that his price tag keeps him in and with nothing to play for we should be trying out McBride considering he's scored a lot of goals. Or at least have him on the bench, he can't be any worse.

The Ronaldo comment is daft. Expecting Brereton to be able to do a simple pass to a team mate isn't expecting "Ronaldo" levels of competence.

Makes sense to put McBride on the bench. Painful to see what Mowbray's doing with Nyambe, relegated behind Bennett today. He's not a polished player yet but with the right manager and team, he'll definitely be a very good full back.

Have to credit the team, they seem to have improved with defensive workrate and positioning. Seems as if Harewood-Bellis has made a difference.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

Good result and performance.

A bit of the old nothing to lose might as well have a go mentality which was refreshing to see. Should be like that all the time not when there is a 'free pass' game you are expected to lose.

One thing youth brings despite the usual muddled line up is fearlessness have a go attitude. And of course young legs to keep up the pace, more of this please as the season draws to a close.

Edited by tomphil

Really enjoyable game. The players’ work rate was amazing and we more than matched the probable Champions today. 
Some great interplay at times and I don’t think anyone had a poor game although Buckley might be frustrated with his performance.

Lenihan and H-B were outstanding again with Kaminski making 3 crucial saves.

For once I agree with Talksport in that Tony Mowbray’s subs were well timed and helped see the game out although  we might have snatched it at the end with Rothwell.

17 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I get people saying this could keep him in a job but I've concluded he is staying until the end of the season regardless. An honourable change seems the way it's going as they seem to like Tony and if he steps down/mutual agreement it keeps his stock higher than a sacking which probably suits both parties with nothing left to play for.

Yep. I've said previously I think he'll be here till season end and then he will be gone. I just hope today won't keep him beyond this season 

• Like 2

Great point but if what happened today is the difference between Mowbray staying or going then it really has become a lottery. I would like to think a decision to change manager or keep him is a bit more professional than that both for the club and Mowbray 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Mowbray isn't going anywhere this season and we're still not safe yet, so we need to be pleased with any points we get at this point. 

Given the season has been a complete bust for a while now, three points from the top 3 is three more than I expected, and more than welcome.

4 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Great point but if what happened today is the difference between Mowbray staying or going then it really has become a lottery. I would like to think a decision to change manager or keep him is a bit more professional than that both for the club and Mowbray 

Highlights just how daft this club has become.

Lose 4 nil today and he'd still not have got sacked but win 4 nil and half the fans still want him be gone.

No real directors, no clued up owners, CEO managers pal, same agency string of managers.  No direction, no real leadership just bumble on !

• Like 3

I'm surprised to see how well some people are taking this game. Yes the point is a very good one, and that matters more than anything else.

But the performance, despite some good effort, was pretty much like all the others. If Norwich had had a bit more luck with their chances they would have buried us out of sight. We weren't poor, other than up top, but I certainly don't feel we deserved this point.

32 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Excellent away point against easily the best team in the league(although clearly not at their best today) just watch

us lose to rock bottom Wycombe next.

Mowbray out !

We will pick up several loose points now, playing the catfish teams of the division. Making Rovers appear better than they are, but we still won’t get enough to finish higher than 12th. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

We played really well and it was good to see. A well deserved point judge from the radio commentary. Very pleased Gallagher scored. Play him up front and good quality balls in he will score. 

Evans in front of back 4 worked. Most players had decent/good games. Douglas's positioning for their goal was poor. Pleased Pickering we come in next season. 

My questions are

1. Why haven't perform like this recently?(since PNE game)

2. This result should have no barely on Mowbray's future. 7 points from 12 games is appalling..

3. Is Holtby back in team one of the reason we performed so well today? 

4. Is Rankin-Costello any closer to signing a new contract? cos he was good today and in most games he played. He is one player who for this club we should be building around the squad around 

A very strange game to analyse, and a difficult one to becone enthused about. It is a good result in reality but there is certainly as much wrong as there is right.

Firstly the positives, Kaminski was excellent and saved us, the centre backs again were very good although no clean sheet, and Corry Evans was as good as anyone on the pitch finally playing in a role that suits him. Rankin Costello was impressive too although his lack of durability is a major concern.

This false 9 bollocks needs to stop, Buckley in a totally uncomfortable role so not a criticism of him was fairly pitiful, the highlights being 2 shots that barely reached. I maintain my opinion that even as a striker, Sam Gallagher is at best a bottom of the Champonship standard striker, but that is much better than a frail midfielder playing in a totally uncomfortable position, replaced by more of the same. His goal came from a set piece whereby obviously his position was an irrelevance. Mowbray will have no doubt had smoke blown up his backside by the incompetent journalists as to how "heroic" our performance was against the mighty Norwich and not questioned as to why this bollocks continues and seemingly will do so indefinitely.

Of the front 3 in general, I repeat my question at half time, have we ever had an attack as blunt and toothless as that? Brereton was hopeless again, seen only occasionally when bumbling around without purpose, whilst I felt a bit sorry for Dolan, he couldnt have looked any more out of place on that pitch and I dont think he did anything successfully. Holtby and Rothwell meandered around fairly tidily but as usual not to any real effect.

Starting to think Armstrong might be a bit of a bad apple 😕

Certainly wasn't missed today again and whilst we weren't as amazing as some have made out, we were certainly better against the best team in the league than against an awful Bristol team.

HB was far better than Lenihan IMO, although Lenihan played ok defensively his passing (long balls to Dolan) was awful.

Todd Cantwell is still an absolute nob on another note.

• Like 2