BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

If there is going to be a change of manager for Rovers it will be after this match.  However if TM does the unthinkable and sneaks a win then he buys himself till the end of the season.  But as well know Venkies play by their rules, and probably think we are still in League 1... Back the boys, but it could be a nasty afternoon for all of us!

LETS BE AVENUE!!

Edited by @roverseas

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

If this happens, I am afraid to see TM post-game, grinning like a gargoyle.

Even our relegation season, Rovers offed champs Newcastle, by identical 1-0 scores. Small consolation.

We have a history of doing that, landing a blow on one of the teams at the top end. It happened many times during our Premier League days. Even at our worst, as you mentioned, we beat Newcastle away under Coyle. Yeah, it didn't count for much in the end, but it was an enjoyable result on the day and we put an end to their winning streak.

I'd bloody love a win for us tomorrow regardless of the post match reaction.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What happened to Gallagher getting a run centrally?

Why would I go 2 up front against them and get over run in midfield. We need to be solid defensively and not allow their midfielders time and space. Play on the counter attack 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

If this happens, I am afraid to see TM post-game, grinning like a gargoyle.

Even our relegation season, Rovers offed champs Newcastle, by identical 1-0 scores. Small consolation.

".......We've got Mulgrew, Charlie Mulgrew........." Yeap some consolation. 

Nothing to play for but expecting a realistic score of 2 0 to Norwich as they continue their journey back to the premiership. Hope this will be the last game for Tony. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

It is part of the fathomably unfathomable pattern that the Gurning one does, to pepper an appalling run with top notch performances and improbable wins out of the blue. 

Tomorrow though I think we are just too far gone for any kind of fairy dust to sprinkle magic cheer into our weekend, so am going for 2-0 if we put up a glue-like show of stubborn resistance and prove difficult to break down, or 5-1 if the Canaries power past our young starlings on their headlong charge back to the Prem.

Either way, the Gurning one talks complete bollox before and after the game, whilst remaining resolutely taciturn yet mobile of facial expression during the match.

Coventry 3 - not for me.

COYB

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Hypothetical, I know, but does anyone think if we got an absolute trouncing it would make any difference whatsoever?

If I thought it would I would happily take a 6 or 7-0 defeat, yes I'm at THAT point. However, I honestly think we could suffer the heaviest league defeat in history, ever, & he'd still be at Brockhall Monday morning.

I'll pay my tenner, as usual, watch, get angry, shout, the dog will go & hide & be then I'll back on here moaning about it as usual. I feel like Bill Murray!

Go on then I'll bite, 3-1 Norwich.

The only chance would be if any of the Raos had guests round to watch it on TV and they felt humiliated after a tonking. However, the days of them paying attention to individual scores - let alone watching games - are unfortunately long gone I fear. 

• Like 2

We struggled to get results at Carrow Road even when we were good. Defeated 2-1 in 94/95 and a 2-2 Kevin Gallacher leg break the season before. I’m struggling to remember us winning there (possibly in the promotion season under Souness?) More recently calamitous 3-3 and 2-2 draws in our last two relegation seasons have cost us massively. Nailed on defeat. 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

We struggled to get results at Carrow Road even when we were good. Defeated 2-1 in 94/95 and a 2-2 Kevin Gallacher leg break the season before. I’m struggling to remember us winning there (possibly in the promotion season under Souness?) More recently calamitous 3-3 and 2-2 draws in our last two relegation seasons have cost us massively. Nailed on defeat. 

Just checked, we couldn’t even win under Souness, 1-1 Bent scoring

10 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

The only chance would be if any of the Raos had guests round to watch it on TV and they felt humiliated after a tonking. However, the days of them paying attention to individual scores - let alone watching games - are unfortunately long gone I fear. 

Yes, the deciding T20 is on tomorrow, so the Raos will probably be focussed on that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Feeling optimistic about this game for some reason. I think we're going to win tomorrow. Norwich are due a defeat and won't be expecting much from us based on recent form. We'll get chances to hit them on the break with the pace of Armstrong and Dolan. This might be one of those rare games where things click.

Norwich 1-2 Rovers, with me shouting "why the heck did we not play like this earlier in the season" at the laptop.

hahahahaha...dont fall into that trap!

2 hours ago, @roverseas said:

If there is going to be a change of manager for Rovers it will be after this match.  However if TM does the unthinkable and sneaks a win then he buys himself till the end of the season.  But as well know Venkies play by their rules, and probably think we are still in League 1... Back the boys, but it could be a nasty afternoon for all of us!

LETS BE AVENUE!!

We could lose 10 nil and he'd still be here

45 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Cut and paste this to facebook

We never win there it's not Tony's fault, he's a nice guy.

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

Y’know, I don’t understand the owners at this level. When they bought the team, were they not just a little bit fans of the club? Maybe I’m assuming that they don’t care about the game to game fortunes of Blackburn Rovers, but it just seems to me they could’ve bought any number of clubs and not paid any attention to them.

The Rao’s are astute at business, right? Surely, they knew buying an EFL club wasn’t going to result in added millions to their coffers. If I cared enough to invest £22 mil (I think that was the purchase price), I would certainly want to share in its joys/heartaches, as I would assume I was not going to make any money off Rovers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Y’know, I don’t understand the owners at this level. When they bought the team, were they not just a little bit fans of the club? Maybe I’m assuming that they don’t care about the game to game fortunes of Blackburn Rovers, but it just seems to me they could’ve bought any number of clubs and not paid any attention to them.

The Rao’s are astute at business, right? Surely, they knew buying an EFL club wasn’t going to result in added millions to their coffers. If I cared enough to invest £22 mil (I think that was the purchase price), I would certainly want to share in its joys/heartaches, as I would assume I was not going to make any money off Rovers. 

How quickly you forget......they bought a PL club, who would have provided a year on year profit, managed right. They have just never done that, preferring the spivs and con-men to fleece them rigid. The dark lord has a lot to answer for, he's never answered for anything, let alone a feckless son who could tackle like a tank. 

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It is part of the fathomably unfathomable pattern that the Gurning one does, to pepper an appalling run with top notch performances and improbable wins out of the blue. 

Tomorrow though I think we are just too far gone for any kind of fairy dust to sprinkle magic cheer into our weekend, so am going for 2-0 if we put up a glue-like show of stubborn resistance and prove difficult to break down, or 5-1 if the Canaries power past our young starlings on their headlong charge back to the Prem.

Either way, the Gurning one talks complete bollox before and after the game, whilst remaining resolutely taciturn yet mobile of facial expression during the match.

Coventry 3 - not for me.

COYB

Can't you just call him TM?  The personal insults aren't nice.

Mowbray has previously always been good at achieving the good performance when the chips are down. This time I really don’t think it’s there. I’m not sure promotion from league one was his achievement or that of a core of senior players who took control after the oldham game. He once said as much himself. When results have gone poorly in the past the crowd have brought pressure to bear on the players and those same senior players have driven the turn around.

This time those dressing room leaders have gone and I dont feel he or his back room staff have the necessary skill set to turn it round. In support of this see Coventry and Celtic were the slide could not be halted. We are now down to wait and see repeat what I’ve done previously and hope something changes. 

I don’t think Mowbray is an ogre just not good enough and that’s the top and bottom of it. His excuses are the normal behaviour of a fella without answers. In another time he would have been released before we got this far but not here and we’ve been hurtling head long to this position for some time not just the last 11 games.

Norwich to win 4 v 1. Farke to praise Mowbrays style and go home happy with 3 points.

• Like 5