BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't,  both poor.  Gally scores for once and then he's the answer.?...🙄. He's shit in the air too for the record....

No, the answer is getting in a better manager, and CEO for that matter.

If we are making the most of what we have currently though, playing players in their actual positions helps.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos I think you are being over critical of him considering 14 months ago he was playing under 23's football. Think Mowbray should be already monitoring him considering the injuries he had so far. Trying to pass the buck again

I would play either Rothwell or Dolan if you want to 4-4-2. Think Rankin Costello has played very well at right back so not sure I would move him from there for Nyambe

Why?

Its not critical to say that a player is injury prone.

I don't know the stats but over the last 12 months or so I think we often win or draw with JRC in the team. It's not something I particularly look for but just something I've noticed.

I'm not against Nyambe, I like him as a player too but just seeing some of the comments about JRC I thought I'd mention.  Not disagreeing about the injuries but there's not many of the squad you wouldn't say have missed a chunk of game time would you? With the exception of Kaminski, Lenihan, Dolan, Rothwell and Armstrong I think most have had decent stints out at least one, most more.  I've left off Bell as he's the one player I think is completely out of place in the league we are in

• Like 1

If we had a manager that was more consistent with team selections (square pegs round hole), tactics, substitutions and not afraid of the opposition which always comes out in pre match interviews. Even with this squad a better equipped manager would have us up amongst the playoffs. The big question is do we have a structure in place to recognise this and act accordingly?

These are some of the comments fro Norwich fans forum.

Blackburn played really really well apart from the dirty tactics, best team to play at Carrow Road this season and well worth their point. Worried about the injuries. Ref was appalling, zero cards all game?! Must have been watching a totally different game to me.

Blackburn fully deserved the point, best visiting team at Carrow Rd this season. 

Not best of performance, but have to give a credit to Blackburn who had come to really play and challenge for win instead of just defend.

Basically, yeah. Blackburn have come here to play and are pushing us off our game. We haven’t adapted and we’re getting bullied a little.

Blackburn by far the most impressive visitors to Carrow Road for quite a while and have probably been the better of the two teams in the first half. However, they've been working extremely hard and hopefully they will slow down and we can get on top in the second 45 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

If we had a manager that was more consistent with team selections (square pegs round hole), tactics, substitutions and not afraid of the opposition which always comes out in pre match interviews. Even with this squad a better equipped manager would have us up amongst the playoffs. The big question is do we have a structure in place to recognise this and act accordingly?

Blackburn played really really well apart from the dirty tactics, best team to play at Carrow Road this season and well worth their point. Worried about the injuries. Ref was appalling, zero cards all game?! Must have been watching a totally different game to me.

Blackburn fully deserved the point, best visiting team at Carrow Rd this season. 

Not best of performance, but have to give a credit to Blackburn who had come to really play and challenge for win instead of just defend.

Basically, yeah. Blackburn have come here to play and are pushing us off our game. We haven’t adapted and we’re getting bullied a little.

Blackburn by far the most impressive visitors to Carrow Road for quite a while and have probably been the better of the two teams in the first half. However, they've been working extremely hard and hopefully they will slow down and we can get on top in the second 45 minutes. 

You hear those comments and it just makes you sick to how this season could have been different without him at the helm. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

I don't know the stats but over the last 12 months or so I think we often win or draw with JRC in the team. It's not something I particularly look for but just something I've noticed.

I'm not against Nyambe, I like him as a player too but just seeing some of the comments about JRC I thought I'd mention.  Not disagreeing about the injuries but there's not many of the squad you wouldn't say have missed a chunk of game time would you? With the exception of Kaminski, Lenihan, Dolan, Rothwell and Armstrong I think most have had decent stints out at least one, most more.  I've left off Bell as he's the one player I think is completely out of place in the league we are in

JRC is a much better player than Nyambe, I'd love both to stay though given neither player is made of steel. I think JRC will stay and Ryan will seek pastures new though.

Sorry to say Iv given up actually being bothered by our games this season, stopped watching say the last 5, just going through the mill. I’d only pick up if we were threatened to go down as I don’t want that obviously but this mid/lower table stuff is turgid. We don’t play good football and I can’t stand the manager. Not many players that get me going either in all honesty

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Just seen the goal. Ball to the back post for the big striker to head home. Not a false 9 in sight. 

It's almost like it's a simple game. 

It was a free kick from the edge of the box though, so false 9s or not don’t really apply in that situation.

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Just seen the goal. Ball to the back post for the big striker to head home. Not a false 9 in sight. 

It's almost like it's a simple game. 

Tbf it was awful defending, maybe they though he was 'shit in the air' and didn't need marking. I do however agree with your point, even Coyle got a tune out of Gallagher as a striker. I can't for the life of me understand why Mowbray is shit scared of playing his 2 biggest signings as strikers?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some Managers could have used that entire money for squad rebuild not just 2 players. He wanted Luke Freeman before Brereton but it didn't happened supposedly cos the QPR manager McClaren threaten to walk out if he was sold. 

When we got promoted from League 1 he should have signed a proper centre back like Jake Cooper, John Egan, Konsa or Matt Clarke but he didnt. He went cheap option and went for Rodwell

Not being funny chaddy but you supported all his signings even gallagher playing wide saying his still playing as a wide striker

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Tbf it was awful defending, maybe they though he was 'shit in the air' and didn't need marking. I do however agree with your point, even Coyle got a tune out of Gallagher as a striker. I can't for the life of me understand why Mowbray is shit scared of playing his 2 biggest signings as strikers?

I honestly don't know where the 'shit in the air' comes from with Gally. He's not got Graham's abilities to hold the ball up admittedly, but put a cross in for him to attack and he's fairly unplayable. He proved that when Coyle was here - some great headers amongst the 12 goals he scored.

As for why he doesn't play him there, well it's not part of his 'philosophy' that he nicked off Klopp. 

It's such a shame a good group of players are being so badly utilised.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I honestly don't know where the 'shit in the air' comes from with Gally. He's not got Graham's abilities to hold the ball up admittedly, but put a cross in for him to attack and he's fairly unplayable. He proved that when Coyle was here - some great headers amongst the 12 goals he scored.

As for why he doesn't play him there, well it's not part of his 'philosophy' that he nicked off Klopp. 

It's such a shame a good group of players are being so badly utilised.

It think it’s because unless he’s jumping with an opponent 6 inches shorter he’s shit in the air.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

The Norwich fans aren't the only ones. Fans of a couple of other clubs have said Rovers were the best team to visit their grounds this season too. There have been a few "Why aren't Blackburn higher in the league" questions going around online.

Millwall and Swansea fans were questioning why they made us look like Bayern Munich during our games with them (Erm, that may be because we actually are like Bayern, lads...ha!)

It's frustrating reading such comments as we've wasted another season due to the manager overthinking and trying to be too clever. Had he kept it simple, played players in their correct positions and been braver in games we would have been a lot closer to 6th place.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Rankin-Costello looks a player. We are destined with Mowbray until end of season by the looks. He did say once.. Judge me by the end of season.. So be it. 

So be it?

What is going to change by the end of the season? The target this year was the play-offs, Mowbray said as much. Apart from Warren Lucy, everyone knows that we’ve already missed that one. We are not yet safe from relegation.

However, if we do ‘survive’ then is that a success? Does that change the judgement? 

The fact that we are even potentially involved in a relegation debate with 8 games left is utterly damning of Mowbray. But maybe that is all Mowbray needs to do to be allowed to continue.

Sadly, our judgment doesn’t count for anything. Our judgment is a mere annoyance.

The international break is the last chance to get in a new manager to allow any kind of assessment before the end of the season. However, our CEO is far more concerned about “upgrading the academy” than the short term future of the first team. We are on a journey and in four years we will be as good as Brentford. Although curiously an academy is not in Brentford’s planning so how can it be in ours?

Mowbray needs to go, and he needs to go now. I guess it isn’t mathematically impossible for us to make the play-offs but in two games time it probably will be. Will that be the time?

I’m going to say no. I suspect that not being in the relegation places is more important than not being in the play-offs. Which suggests that a loss-making Championship side is the height of Venkys ambitions.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Coyle was the fourth worst thing to happen to this club.

He was hopeless but on the specific point of Gallagher, he got more out of him than Mowbray. That's undeniably true and therefore a damning indictment of Mowbray.

Moaning after the game that its the lack of a decent strike-force that's the difference between us and them!

What a bloody hide! £12M Tony!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

It's come to something when people are using Coyle to beat up Mowbray.

Mowbray has hit the point where an amicable parting of the ways is needed but to imply he's worse than Coyle is risible.

Nobody actually said that did they?

First Norwich attack in the highlights shows a breakaway leading to what looks like a seven versus four (+ goalkeeper) situation for Norwich. Their goal arose out of a simple pass that created a five versus four (+ goalkeeper) situation for them - albeit, in this case, some Rovers midfielders were close behind.

I don't know how representative of the whole match these two incidents were but I think they highlight that, despite, a better defensive shape in recent matches, the defence is still getting mightily exposed. 

Kaminski's body language at the moment seems to say it all. Every time he pulls off a good save, he seems to look around with disdain and resignation. He's made mistakes, as has the whole defence, but a seven versus four situation against the top team in the league, relatively early in the match (I presume), puts the defence in a desperate situation.

I

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It think it’s because unless he’s jumping with an opponent 6 inches shorter he’s shit in the air.

45 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It comes from him being shit in the air

You're both wrong, but if you go and have a look at the goals he scored under Coyle and then come back and apologise for being wrong, we can all remain firm friends. 

• Like 2