BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

My starting 11 would be a 4-4-2 of 

Kaminski

Nyambe       Lenihan               Harwood-Bellis              Bell

JRC              Travis                       Buckley                       Rothwell

Brereton                   Armstrong

• Like 2

All so futile knowing will concede about 3 getting thoroughly outplayed in the process. Only to listen to moggasurus banging on about how we were the better side.

The closest we will come to him acknowledging we were the worst side is his usual “I didn’t recognise that team out there today” as if it’s not the bloody norm. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

My starting 11 would be a 4-4-2 of 

Kaminski

Nyambe       Lenihan               Harwood-Bellis              Bell

JRC              Travis                       Buckley                       Rothwell

Brereton                   Armstrong

my idea of a balanced side,brereton(or whoever is the second striker  to drop back in midfield if we are under the cosh) far to simple for moggasaurous though🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

Mowbray has previously always been good at achieving the good performance when the chips are down. This time I really don’t think it’s there. I’m not sure promotion from league one was his achievement or that of a core of senior players who took control after the oldham game. He once said as much himself. When results have gone poorly in the past the crowd have brought pressure to bear on the players and those same senior players have driven the turn around.

This time those dressing room leaders have gone and I dont feel he or his back room staff have the necessary skill set to turn it round. In support of this see Coventry and Celtic were the slide could not be halted. We are now down to wait and see repeat what I’ve done previously and hope something changes. 

I don’t think Mowbray is an ogre just not good enough and that’s the top and bottom of it. His excuses are the normal behaviour of a fella without answers. In another time he would have been released before we got this far but not here and we’ve been hurtling head long to this position for some time not just the last 11 games.

Norwich to win 4 v 1. Farke to praise Mowbrays style and go home happy with 3 points.

I completely agree.

I think Mowbray was fortunate to inherit a squad that shouldn't have gone down, was far too strong for League One plus he was allowed to add strength to that with funds that nobody else in League One could ever hope to compete with, enabling us to add serious quality like Dack and Armstrong at that level.

Even when back in the Championship Mowbray, rightly or wrongly, largely stuck with the leaders who had got us back up, and it worked in keeping us mid-table in the Championship. Mulgrew, Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Conway, Graham. That core of experience and personalities he heavily relied upon and he's said as much.

He's tried moving away from that so that now we've only got Evans and Bennett still here and neither are regularly playing (albeit due to injury).

I don't think Mowbray has been able to move away from that core of players, despite plenty of time and opportunity to do so. He relied on them so heavily and now they've moved on he hasn't been able to deliver without them. We've regressed because of it when we needed to progress.

I'll be honest I'm terrified about the upcoming summer with or without Mowbray. Either way we are looking at another substantial turnover in numbers and players. Some who love the transfer market hysteria or idyllic notions of us constructing a competitive squad out of academy players might relish that but I'm terrified of it. 

Lose 15 players from the squad including most experience you have and you've a hell of a lot to do to replace, and the evidence shows Mowbray has struggled to replace past departures.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An 'accumulation' is behind Rovers' struggles, says Mowbray | Lancashire Telegraph

Inspiring stuff. Norwich might batter us, they might not. Churchillian. 

Each interview gets worse with a mix of the bleeding obvious and blatant lies. 

We're where we are because we have lost a lot of games - well stone me, who would of thought it? If you don't win many games you are lower in the table. With such visionary insight who doesn't feel confident for the future? Wonder if Pep knows of this secret yet? 

Then there's the bull - we've been unlucky in so many games. That's not true. It's also logically untrue as unlucky suggests an unlikely occurance, which if it keeps happening isn't that unlikely or unlucky. And word play aside the fact is we have played badly in many of these games. 

And whilst we are on luck theres no mention of good fortune from Brathwaite's boot to the face, nor our volley ball attempts Vs Millwall. Because of course luck only runs one way round our parts. 

Honestly we are at the same level as Coyle for me. Just as little integrity if not less, and is now undoing any good work he has done previously. He has to go. 

• Like 5

I do not really care about this game. In fact I would rather we did not win or Mowbray will be getting a 5 year contract extension for beating the champions.

Though I think we will lose 2-1 with the usual boring excuses about how we went toe to toe and almost won again. Zzzzzzzz!

3 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

How quickly you forget......they bought a PL club, who would have provided a year on year profit, managed right. They have just never done that, preferring the spivs and con-men to fleece them rigid. The dark lord has a lot to answer for, he's never answered for anything, let alone a feckless son who could tackle like a tank. 

I wasn’t a fan then. I know they were a PL team when bought, but I also know that is no magic formula to making money... buying an English football team can be a very costly hobby, despite the prestige of ownership. 

The figures I just checked (2017-2018), 7 clubs lost money, before taxes, & 3 basically broke even. So, essentially half the PL clubs don’t make money. Having a team in the Championship, is very expensive. I would assume losses since 2012 are upwards of £300 mil.

If anyone has Rovers’ bottom-line figures since 2001, I’d be interested to see them. 

11 hours ago, matt83 said:

It seems a banker. 

I thought PSG at home to Nantes was a banker too.

Well today will be a hard game for us to get a result from, so I'm hoping we only lose by 1 goal, as that would be a great result for us. 2-1 to Norwich,

Tony Mowbray Bingo Game

https://bingobaker.com/

Fed up as Pukki scores again? Missing moaning to your mates over a half-time beer?

No worries.

Pass the time by completing the bingo card with post-match Mowbrayisms.

And now you can actually look forward to the manager's interview after the game.

No prizes. Just the sad satisfaction that we're predictable on and off the pitch.

(Post your guesses, if you're brave enough)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Tony Mowbray Bingo Game

https://bingobaker.com/

Fed up as Pukki scores again? Missing moaning to your mates over a half-time beer?

No worries.

Pass the time by completing the bingo card with post-match Mowbrayisms.

And now you can actually look forward to the manager's interview after the game.

No prizes. Just the sad satisfaction that we're predictable on and off the pitch.

(Post your guesses, if you're brave enough)

That would be my guess 

35339EFA-5618-4C4F-B8B3-26EC47ECA8A0.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A larger version

B08AE281-1FCC-4921-A159-6F85DC827582.jpeg

Whilst I do find it amusing, it’s really sad that it has got to this.

I’ve never been a Mowbray fan but he has put a positive mark on this club, it’s a shame that his legacy may well be a bad one.

Especially if Brockhall is carved up under his watch.

Strange day today, about to spend a tenner on a pay per view match that I expect us to lose by at least two goals, and a performance to be ashamed of, while the manager talks about ‘possession’ and all of the other things it that box.

• Like 2