BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

Performance based manager and that was alright - After another defeat ages ago.

We only lose by the odd goals and the opposition managers like the way we play - No shit Sherlock !

Today of course should things go wrong it'll all be about parachute money/lack of quality/budget.  Maybe long journey thrown in for good measure.  Things you might actually get away with saying once in a while.

Not when you come out with a scripture of excuses every week but don't identify the real recurring issues.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The inference from so many is that Coyle was actually a better manager than Mowbray.

Says a lot about how bad Tony is and how far expectations have fallen.

Is it? Can you quote one post relating to this please?

He certainly isn't worse than Coyle he's down there with the worst of them is clownpants.

Our Tone is and always has been bang on average who somehow overachieved for one season over a decade ago.  He's just been found out, about 2 years ago if we are honest, to be a midtable championship manager with those capabilities.

It was easy to over blow the stuff after the quick bounce back from league one. In many heads he's still living off that or just the nice honest man who cares image.

On the field though that'll only get you so far and he isn't the first to lose his way after 3 years and won't be the last.

Shelf life you see.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Is it? Can you quote one post relating to this please?

In the last 11 games we have 6 points from 33.

In Coyles last 11 games he had 9 points.

That is fact however we have no sign of Mowbray suffering the same fate for a sustained worse set of results

Lots of posts I have read mentioning at least Coyle knew how to play Gally and others to get the best out of them, whilst questioning Mowbray's football genius.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

That is fact however we have no sign of Mowbray suffering the same fate for a sustained worse set of results

Lots of posts I have read mentioning at least Coyle knew how to play Gally and others to get the best out of them, whilst questioning Mowbray's football genius.

Have they? Any to quote?

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Pathetic how he has all of his paltry excuses already lined up🤬🤬 he has well and truly lost the support of the fans and the players cannot be that far behind either.

Mowbray out!🤬

I was just reading a quote about the new Chelsea manager - “ Every player has to find motivation from within but it is the manager who sets the tone “.

Exactly. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Have they? Any to quote?

On 16/03/2021 at 20:31, Southside Rover said:

As mentioned a few posts above, Coyle got a tune from Gallagher, through the middle. Everyone knows strikers live off confidence, how as a striker do you feel when the Manager picks you to play on the wing. Gallagher is not a winger and never will be and his confidence as a striker must be shot.

On 16/03/2021 at 12:10, simongarnerisgod said:

there is hope for gallagher,if coyle could get him going then im`e sure any decent manager would be able to do the same,

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I've also seen quite a number referencing Coyle and SG over the past few weeks.

Nobody need ask me to produce them as I cannot be arsed and things have a way of being disappeared around here.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Fair enough, honestly hadn't noticed them! Not quite sure I'd say 2 is 'lots' but maybe I've been a bit blind 😅

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Nobody need ask me to produce them as I cannot be arsed and things have a way of being disappeared around here.

The implication being...?

Edited by Mike E

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Things only disappear when people abuse each other or make totally unsubstantiated claims that put me personally at legal risk. The latter seems to be the new trend. 

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

But, but----if anyone posted that Coyle got more out of Gallagher than Mowbray did---they'd be right wouldn't they?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

It's come to something when people are using Coyle to beat up Mowbray.

Mowbray has hit the point where an amicable parting of the ways is needed but to imply he's worse than Coyle is risible.

Its come to something when Coyles last 11 games reaped 50% more points than TM has in his last 11.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Whilst I do find it amusing, it’s really sad that it has got to this.

I’ve never been a Mowbray fan but he has put a positive mark on this club, it’s a shame that his legacy may well be a bad one.

Especially if Brockhall is carved up under his watch.

Strange day today, about to spend a tenner on a pay per view match that I expect us to lose by at least two goals, and a performance to be ashamed of, while the manager talks about ‘possession’ and all of the other things it that box.

As the football chant goes: What a waste of money.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

It's come to something when people are using Coyle to beat up Mowbray.

Mowbray has hit the point where an amicable parting of the ways is needed but to imply he's worse than Coyle is risible.

I don't think Mowbray is much better than Coyle. Coyle took over a squad that had sold within the 12 months previous Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede, King, Olsson then not long after taking over Hanley and Duffy went, in the January window Marshall went. Coyle spent money on just one player and that was a measly £250K on Williams, the rest of the players signed to replace the good players we had lost were loans and frees. 

Mowbray unlike Coyle has not had not lost any of his key players (he lost Raya but that was because he wanted rid off him), and Mowbray has spent getting on for £20 Million on players in his time here. Yet we are only 7 places better of in the table than we were under Coyle.

• Like 3

Expecting a routine 2-0 win for Norwich, while Mowbray serenely carries on to the next game. 

Not a clue of the lineup and I doubt TM does either. Cant see Johnson and Holtby playing midweek and weekend. Unfortunately i can see a return of evans.

2 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Sadly I think we will win...

I've thought that a few times about games recently, as it has tended to be the Mowbray way of plucking a result out of nowhere when most needed, only to be proved wrong. Feel like it's gone beyond that now, I'm fully expecting a limp 2 or 3 goal defeat and some of the teams below us picking up wins to make that international break even more uncomfortable.

• Like 2

tony has  really outstayed his welcome now i think,we are only going to go backwards if he carries on,five seasons is long enough to get the club going forward,we are basically back to where we were when he started,chances are he is now just playing out his contract,im`e beginning to question his much vaunted honourable status as a man

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, benhben said:

Expecting a routine 2-0 win for Norwich, while Mowbray serenely carries on to the next game. 

Not a clue of the lineup and I doubt TM does either. Cant see Johnson and Holtby playing midweek and weekend. Unfortunately i can see a return of evans.

It’s likely he will play. Good old Tony will give him 70 minutes so that he will be ready for the International break. Corry will just jog about with a few sideways and backwards passes and stay clear of any tough tackling so as not to get injured.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Its come to something when Coyles last 11 games reaped 50% more points than TM has in his last 11.

Coyle also effectively relegated us (remember where we were when we sacked him) so don't forget to add that to his outstanding resume...

I'm sure you'll blame Mowbray for that too but that team was doomed long before he rocked up.