BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Coyle also effectively relegated us (remember where we were when we sacked him) so don't forget to add that to his outstanding resume...

I'm sure you'll blame Mowbray for that too but that team was doomed long before he rocked up.

Three points from safety with 15 games to go when he was appointed. 

Bit of a stretch to call a team in that situation, ‘doomed’, no?

• Like 3

The main issue for me regarding Coyle was the sheer stupidity of the numpty who thought hiring him in the first place was ever going to work - an ex-dingle and someone who'd done nothing since somehow getting them to the premier league several years earlier. 

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Coyle also effectively relegated us (remember where we were when we sacked him) so don't forget to add that to his outstanding resume...

I'm sure you'll blame Mowbray for that too but that team was doomed long before he rocked up.

Only in Venky's world would being 'better than Coyle' be worthy of a mention. 

It's gone wrong for Mowbray this season, as it does for a lot of managers after the 3rd or 4th season. He certainly puts more thought into than Coyle, and I'd imagine he's a lot more clued up than Coyle on tactics etc. But Coyle was certainly a braver manager, he played wingers and strikers and wanted to attack teams. Mowbray just wants to keep the ball in the middle of the pitch so the other team can't score. Coward's football. 

• Like 6

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's gone wrong for Mowbray this season, as it does for a lot of managers after the 3rd or 4th season. He certainly puts more thought into than Coyle, and I'd imagine he's a lot more clued up than Coyle on tactics etc. But Coyle was certainly a braver manager, he played wingers and strikers and wanted to attack teams. Mowbray just wants to keep the ball in the middle of the pitch so the other team can't score. Coward's football. 

tony has always been one to consider the opposition rather than have them worry about us,it rarely works because you have to have a solid defence to set up like that,we hav`nt had a solid defence since big sam`s days

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Three points from safety with 15 games to go when he was appointed. 

Bit of a stretch to call a team in that situation, ‘doomed’, no?

Doomed in the sense that they were one of the worst squads we've ever had and had League 1 written all over them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I agree that his time's up. Most club/manager relationships have a finite lifespan and Mowbray's arrived there especially as it's going to be a re-build job this summer considering toe amount of out of contracts and loans who'll be leaving us. 

I'd like to see someone younger and  hungrier than Mowbray - he always has the look of a man who's lost a tenner and found a fiver.

I like what the guy has done with Barnsley considering the fairly meagre resources.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Doomed in the sense that they were one of the worst squads we've ever had and had League 1 written all over them. 

We obviously were doomed as the season ended in relegation, but it certainly wasn’t an impossible task by any means if even Coyle had that team only three points adrift and TM had a third of a season left.

For what it’s worth I think Mowbray is just about better than Coyle but it speaks volumes about Tony’s tenure that the chilling comparisons are even made. Certainly the defence hasn’t improved in the 4 years of Mowbray.

If Mowbray had left a few months ago I think a bowyer comparison would have been fair. The longer this goes on Coyle definitely comes into the equation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

The main issue for me regarding Coyle was the sheer stupidity of the numpty who thought hiring him in the first place was ever going to work - an ex-dingle and someone who'd done nothing since somehow getting them to the premier league several years earlier. 

He was also a massive kean supporter to add to the horror of his appt. Having read other people’s contribution on this topic Coyle did in comparison to Mowbray get the shit end of the stick.

At the time I wanted him sacked for all the reasons stated. I do however feel Mowbray gets away with alot due to his image and being in the right place at the right time so we compare him to Coyle rather than Dalglish.(although he does compare himself to klopp and pep).

In relative terms he is much nearer to Coyle than we dare admit and miles away from dalglish.

In absolute terms he is a better fit to Chesterfield thanRovers were a lot of his nonsense statements would have been appt as they are straight out of league 2 . Bigger teams, building slowly, accepting our position. He has made a managerial career of failure and good luck to him. Great work if people buy into it.

Me I’m old fashioned I want points, play offs , promotions and prizes. He can save the chat and observations for someone who cares

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

It will be interesting to see his starting 11 today- it should be fairly easy, TM knows by now who gives 100% and who looks like they’d rather stay on the bus. 

I reckon if Mowbray got off the bus and then said  - “ All those who fancy playing today follow me “ he wouldn’t have enough for a seven a side team.

• Like 2

Can't see anything but a Norwich win given their form, our lack of form and all the players we've got out injured.

Shame we can't play Trybull today. I'd be looking to sign him and lose Evans at the end of the season but until we sort out the defence we're on a hiding to nothing.

No way are we getting promoted with Wharton, Lenihan and Ayala..

32 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

And the difference between Coyle and Mowbray in pure recruitment terms (apart from the fact that Coyle had got a team promoted to the Prem more recently than Mowbray) was?

Must stress again, this is in no way an endorsement of Coyle.