BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Norwich (a) - 20/3/21

27 minutes ago, BigBar said:

@Hoochie Bloochie Mama let's give Buckley a fair crack at the whip today. We both have to give a fair assessment at half and full time. Deal?

I'm not watching that shite, but it's not fair to judge him as a false 9. 

I'm sure you and your football fwiend Brightsparks will hammer him at every opportunity.😉

Should be fun🙄

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not watching that shite, but it's not fair to judge him as a false 9. 

I'm sure you and your football fwiend Brightsparks will hammer him at every opportunity.😉

Should be fun🙄

Why would I hammer him unless it was warranted. You seem hesitant to actually fairly judge his performance but ok 😁

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if it`s the actual case then it`s rank bad management,the lad needs proper coaching in his best position,not throwing to the wolves against a really good side in a position that alien to him

It really is the case. Abysmal. It failed midweek when he subbed him on so he is trying again. Clown of a manager. I'm starting to swiftly move past the point of just wanting him gone, and past the point I've been at for a while of disliking him, towards actually hating him now. He needs to go for everybody's sake including his own (though of course for it to be for his sake he will want firing instead of resigning).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He really is playing Buckley as a False 9.

Bloody hell. You literally have a £7m striker on the pitch who you've NEVER given a shot playing through the middle.

How is this man still managing this football club?!

Mostly because of the occasional individual brilliance from a few of our players. Good thing that according to him we don't have enough of that.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Either Dolan or Buckley up front would be equally stupid 

I suspect he wont be quizzed on his bizarre tactics and the poor set of players he has assembled later by the inadequate journalists although I suppose he will be staying in his job regardless so why does it matter.

Told you Buckley would play false 9 role. Why are you surprise? 

Why are you interest in Journalists questioning him? 

Hopefully today game will be his last. 

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He has £12m of striking talent fit. 

Why does he need to call up an Academy player (I'd call the mot promising ones up anway) as an emergency!?

I see Brereton is more of a wide player in a front 3. That's where his best performances have come from. 

McBride should be in the squad base on form

I'm told he was doing similar stuff at Boro and Coventry at times.  Just throwing younger players and loans in wherever he could.

I think that's all there is to it, just giving people games when there is nothing to play for. He definitely sees himself as some kind of football czar when it comes to this kind of thing.

The guy might be better coaching academy teams to be honest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Very good start

Buckley and Rothwell need to start every game 

Buckley should be starting every game now in centre midfield now

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Because Buckley is playing admittedly in a very strange position it doesn't give him a free pass and should still show what all the fuss is about.

But hes not a striker or false 9 tho. 

Play in centre midfield 

Highlights from the first twenty minutes:

- We've already had more shots on target than in the entire last game. True, they were both from about a mile away, but fair's fair.

- Buckley really is up front while our 7 million striker is on the wing. Looks like his instructions from Tony were to "do an Armstrong" and try and score from outside the penalty area whenever he gets the chance.

- At least Joe's in the middle and not on the left wing, however.

- Rankin-Costello did a really bad dive to try and con the ref into giving a pen. He actually jerked around in mid-air to make it look like he was clipped while going at speed. Impressive...is that what they practice in training?

- We've been playing well, with some nice touches, yet somehow still look far more like conceding than scoring. Norwich went closest when hitting the post.

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley should be starting every game now in centre midfield now

But hes not a striker or false 9 tho. 

Play in centre midfield 

He is playing off the front in a free role basically. He's not been asked to lead the line solo.