94 members have voted

1. 1. When will Mowbray be sacked?

• This season
    • This summer
    • Next season
    • He'll be allowed to see out his contract until Summer 2022
    • He'll resign soon due to being honourable
    • Waggott will convince Venky's to offer him a new contract

I dont think Venkys will need much convincing re. A new contract. I suspect Waggott could probably give him one and Venkys wouldn't even know about it or care, but Mowbray and Waggott have it stitched up here now so a call to India and it would probably get done quite quickly even if there was any persuading to be done.

Feet under the table = safe as houses.

Sadly as alluded to above the summer will represent clean slate time for many fans prepared to just ignore this season and prepare for another crack at it under Mowbray. 

Let him have the summer window

We're going to get some good business done

Covid

We've no money boo hoo nobody would come here

And so on. 

I won't be signing up for it.

• Like 6

Seems very appropriate for this thread too:

Venky's seem happy enough for us to play mid table mediocrity while they throw Millions down the drain.

They still  haven't a fookin clue how to run this Club properly so Waggott and Mowbray are set to milk it for all its worth...they will be here for as long as possible I fear.

Shit house of a situation and there appears nothing we can do about it bar vote with your feet.

• Like 1

If at all it'll probably be 5 or 10 games into next season IF it's a really horrendous start after another summer of false intentions.  They'll start with the idea of letting him have another season then maybe finally realize with 5 loses or no wins in 10. 

Otherwise it's as you were and i really wouldn't bet against him getting some kind of extension this summer. Particularly if they flog someone for big money to reinforce his hand.

Fans in the ground next season though relieves him of any hiding place for very long.  He doesn't strike mas being as solid Teflon coated as Kean or as arrogant as Coyle.  He'll crack.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fans in the ground next season though relieves him of any hiding place for very long.  He doesn't strike mas being as solid Teflon coated as Kean or as arrogant as Coyle.  He'll crack.

He strikes me as a vain yet insecure man. He likes the adulation which is only really focused on him being a “nice guy”. But even in the press when he gets slightest criticism he gets very snippy. I can’t see him brazening out vocal criticism in the ground. 

• Like 5

Today's result which is a good point should play no part if deciding Mowbray's future at the club. 

The main questions remaining are

1. Is Mowbray good enough to get us promote next season? 

2. Why haven't we challenge for the top 6 this season after he was backed financially in terms of wages, transfer fees and being allow 3 seasons to build his squad? 

3. Why has Mowbray sign players that don't fit the tactics and the way he wants to play?

• Like 4

Its all setting up perfectly for Mowbray at the moment. 

I actually think Venkys would have binned him in the summer but appear to be building up to a nice run of form with the last 10 dead rubbers. Couple of unexpected points gained in the last couple of games and now a reasonable run of fixtures for the last 8 games including Wycombe, Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Derby, Birmingham & Huddersfield. All winnable.

I can see a good run of form, putting us back to the promised land of 12th place. Mowbray will roll out all the excuses as to why we've fallen short of the play offs but point to the end of season good form as an indication of how good we can be.

Venkys will change their mind and keep him but discover early next season that the end of season form was just another peak in the continuous cycle of Mowbrays winless and unbeaten runs. Queue another death spiral and they'll bin him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The main questions remaining are

1. Is Mowbray good enough to get us promote next season? 

You answered this last couple of weeks, Chaddy.  I'm sensing a bit of reverse gear going on......Come the summer when he's still here God knows what your view will be.

He'll just completely move the goal posts again between now and summer.  He's back to peddling the 'see where these kids take us line now'.  

Soon as it's ST time again he'll be trotting out the top 6 line, don't want to hang around in the middle, owners want us back in the Prem guff.

Luckiest manager in England with the cushiest job in the championship.

• Like 4

An impressive performance and decent point at Norwich will of course now lead to a couple of weeks of 'all is well with the world' from Mowbray, Rovers and the media.

It's still only 1 win in 12 which is dire by any measure and at most clubs would see the manager axed.

If you are someone who forms your views and goes from one match to the next then you're probably quite happy with Mowbray and will be happy to let him plod along for a few more weeks.

If you see the bigger picture and look at things holistically then you form a view based on the season so far, our form and position, not one decent day at Norwich.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He'll just completely move the goal posts again between now and summer.  He's back to peddling the 'see where these kids take us line now'.  

Soon as it's ST time again he'll be trotting out the top 6 line, don't want to hang around in the middle, owners want us back in the Prem guff.

Luckiest manager in England with the cushiest job in the championship.

I've been having some intense debate with someone who thinks anyone who wants mowbray out knows nothing about football. He was giving the whole he is bringing through the kids and we don't have a playoff budget.

So why did we spend most of the season developing other peoples players. Why did we sign 30 plus year old players on high wages and a short term contracts

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I've been having some intense debate with someone who thinks anyone who wants mowbray out knows nothing about football. He was giving the whole he is bringing through the kids and we don't have a playoff budget.

So why did we spend most of the season developing other peoples players. Why did we sign 30 plus year old players on high wages and a short term contracts

That’s the key thing there. Developing everybody else’s players. Rovers have been reduced to little more than a personality cult under Mowbray. The believers seem to want what’s best for Mowbray over rovers. Weird.

The disciples almost to a man were talking judging him on our play off aspirations. Now that’s clearly a fantasy under this bloke the goal posts have been moved to developing players. Mark my words the very same people will soon be lauding staying up as an achievement. 

In many ways they have the club they deserve shame the rest of us are being dragged along on the journey. 

• Like 3

I’m going to stick my neck out and say before the next game. In a roundabout way Mowbray tells you his concerns by telling you his strengths.

He tells you about a journey means let me keep trying.

He discusses the Ayala: we are working with him and I won’t make the same mistake again honest guv.

He isn’t getting results: but all other managers see how good his teams style is becoming. Means ignore the results I’m achieving something else you must see it others can and they  know the business

The pitch is responsible for our failure. means don’t accuse me of adopting the wrong tactics they would work if it wasn’t for the pitch

These are a young group of lads( which there are not): I’m the core here a father figure you need me to guide them

The journey only began this season: I know I made promises but give me a chance.

We are years behind x club: listen guys that is why it’s taking me so long to deliver.

We are a small fish in a big pond: limit your expectations and don’t expect to much.

Contracts negotiations across the board have stalled. Why let him sign loads of players to new contracts if he’s not going to be here.

I’d be interested to see how he explains Barnsley.

He knows he’s in trouble for massive underachieving and I believe signing a crock against orders.

Thats my reasoning and I’ll stick with before the next game

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say before the next game. In a roundabout way Mowbray tells you his concerns by telling you his strengths.

He tells you about a journey means let me keep trying.

He discusses the Ayala: we are working with him and I won’t make the same mistake again honest guv.

He isn’t getting results: but all other managers see how good his teams style is becoming. Means ignore the results I’m achieving something else you must see it others can and they  know the business

The pitch is responsible for our failure. means don’t accuse me of adopting the wrong tactics they would work if it wasn’t for the pitch

These are a young group of lads( which there are not): I’m the core here a father figure you need me to guide them

The journey only began this season: I know I made promises but give me a chance.

We are years behind x club: listen guys that is why it’s taking me so long to deliver.

We are a small fish in a big pond: limit your expectations and don’t expect to much.

Contracts negotiations across the board have stalled. Why let him sign loads of players to new contracts if he’s not going to be here.

I’d be interested to see how he explains Barnsley.

He knows he’s in trouble for massive underachieving and I believe signing a crock against orders.

Thats my reasoning and I’ll stick with before the next game

Hope you are right but frankly I doubt it