1. 1. When will Mowbray be sacked?

• This season
    • This summer
    • Next season
    • He'll be allowed to see out his contract until Summer 2022
    • He'll resign soon due to being honourable
    • Waggott will convince Venky's to offer him a new contract

27 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say before the next game. In a roundabout way Mowbray tells you his concerns by telling you his strengths.

He tells you about a journey means let me keep trying.

He discusses the Ayala: we are working with him and I won’t make the same mistake again honest guv.

He isn’t getting results: but all other managers see how good his teams style is becoming. Means ignore the results I’m achieving something else you must see it others can and they  know the business

The pitch is responsible for our failure. means don’t accuse me of adopting the wrong tactics they would work if it wasn’t for the pitch

These are a young group of lads( which there are not): I’m the core here a father figure you need me to guide them

The journey only began this season: I know I made promises but give me a chance.

We are years behind x club: listen guys that is why it’s taking me so long to deliver.

We are a small fish in a big pond: limit your expectations and don’t expect to much.

Contracts negotiations across the board have stalled. Why let him sign loads of players to new contracts if he’s not going to be here.

I’d be interested to see how he explains Barnsley.

He knows he’s in trouble for massive underachieving and I believe signing a crock against orders.

Thats my reasoning and I’ll stick with before the next game

Agree with Mowbrays word showing his concerns. I think he does have them because he's not talking directly to the owners and he knows he fallen well short. 

Do I think he'll be sacked any time soon? Absolutely not.

17 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Agree with Mowbrays word showing his concerns. I think he does have them because he's not talking directly to the owners and he knows he fallen well short. 

Do I think he'll be sacked any time soon? Absolutely not.

I also think its self preservation for touting his services around, for what its worth i believe he will be gone in the summer

I have a hunch he'll go at some point following the conclusion of the season. Venkys seem to only engage properly during the close season and he will have missed every target he promised to deliver on regardless where we finish now. Think they'll feel they've done the honorable thing giving him the season but cut their losses with only a year to go on his contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I've been having some intense debate with someone who thinks anyone who wants mowbray out knows nothing about football. He was giving the whole he is bringing through the kids and we don't have a playoff budget.

So why did we spend most of the season developing other peoples players. Why did we sign 30 plus year old players on high wages and a short term contracts

He's only doing what he's doing now because the season is dead and like i said he's back to trotting out lines about the kids. Yet a season or so ago he was bemoaning lack of experience being the problem. Since then he got backing for wages for Downing, Holtby, Johnson and now Douglas, Trybull and Ayala.

Dack is out and AA is being rested but chances are his main men would consist of most of them if all fit.  Just covering his backside now having flunked what he told us was a squad he was expecting to be challenging the top 6. Stealthily switch it back to the kids now as if he's pulling some kind of masterstroke in prep for next season.

He's full of shit and like him or not if they can't see the ducking and diving he's doing to avoid any accountability for a wasted season then i'd suggest they just don't want too.

• Like 6

I could almost understand the 'going with youth' excuse/philosophy if that was actually what we were doing i.e. accepting short term inconsistency and learning on the job on the basis that in the next couple of years we will have a squad ready to mature and storm the Championship.

There's absolutely no evidence for that.

Anyone who has paid any attention to the contract situation and the number of loans we have will see what I am talking about. It's a myth. But it sounds good to those of a clueless or delusional persuasion.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I could almost understand the 'going with youth' excuse/philosophy if that was actually what we were doing i.e. accepting short term inconsistency and learning on the job on the basis that in the next couple of years we will have a squad ready to mature and storm the Championship.

There's absolutely no evidence for that.

Anyone who has paid any attention to the contract situation and the number of loans we have will see what I am talking about. It's a myth. But it sounds good to those of a clueless or delusional persuasion.

You are correct, why have 2 centre halves of our own out on loan aged 22/23 and have other clubs 18 year olds?  In theory we could start with a back 3 of Wharton, Carter and Magliore next season. Get shut of neanderthal defender.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You are correct, why have 2 centre halves of our own out on loan aged 22/23 and have other clubs 18 year olds?  In theory we could start with a back 3 of Wharton, Carter and Magliore next season. Get shut of neanderthal defender.

I doubt Scott will be fit this side of Christmas Sparks.

• Like 1

I hope the summer, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they intended to let him finish out his contract. If that's the case, barring an immediate and consistent rise to the top of the table , it will be , rightly, met with huge negativity a la Kean in the Championship. The difference being, I think Mowbray would win fans around if he did get us up there. What are the chances of him actually delivering on that? Tiny. So it would probably just to him eventually going anyway, but our season being a write off ,yet again. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure about Lenihan but otherwise nail, hammer. head.

If we had our own youngsters in the side gaining experience then we could say we were building towards something worthwhile. As it is we're just bringing in countless loanees every season and are back to square one every summer. We had a side out on Wednesday which thanks to the neglect with the contract situation and the loanees bore no resemblance whatsoever to the one that will start for us in August.

"Slow build my arse"

And when the excellent and desperately unfortunate Scott Wharton does return he'll probably have been shoved down the pecking order behind several more temporary "solutions" from other Clubs.

• Like 3

Surprised no - one is linking the Brockhall situation to Mowbray's likely departure date.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Coventry three are all in it together so I can't see him going until it's been resolved. If it hasn't been resolved by the time his current contract expires, I'd imagine Waggott will try and get him another deal.

Once the deal to sell the site of the STC is done or more or less guaranteed I doubt you'll see any of them for dust.

I think the only way we'll see him leave in the forseeable is if the owners can be persuaded they're having their pants pulled down on AND off the pitch by the latest in a long line of chancers.

And I'm praying that will happen sooner rather than later so we can put some hope and pride back into the Club and preserve our infrastructure.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't agree fully with the Lenihan part, unless we got a decent fee, but I certainly do with the rest. Crazy situation. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Surprised no - one is linking the Brockhall situation to Mowbray's likely departure date.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the Coventry three are all in it together so I can't see him going until it's been resolved. If it hasn't been resolved by the time his current contract expires, I'd imagine Waggott will try and get him another deal.

Once the deal to sell the site of the STC is done or more or less guaranteed I doubt you'll see any of them for dust.

I think the only way we'll see him leave in the forseeable is if the owners can be persuaded they're having their pants pulled down on AND off the pitch by the latest in a long line of chancers.

And I'm praying that will happen sooner rather than later so we can put some hope and pride back into the Club and preserve our infrastructure.

Yep I was thinking on the same lines Rev.  When is the first pronouncement from RVBC due?  Got a feeling there won't be Mowbray (and Waggott) news till then at the earliest.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sounds a bit like Shaw who seemed to hang around like a bad smell until he'd finally overseen the Rhodes departure.

Interesting observation. Maybe Armstrong needs to go first...?

• Like 1