1. 1. When will Mowbray be sacked?

• This season
    • This summer
    • Next season
    • He'll be allowed to see out his contract until Summer 2022
    • He'll resign soon due to being honourable
    • Waggott will convince Venky's to offer him a new contract

14 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Some telling numbers already about how apathetic we feel about him being sacked in a normal fashion, i.e. now or ever.

I think @Hasta has it summed up. We won't sack the manager in summer. It's not the Venky way. We'll go through the usual rigmarole.

1. Seasons ends. Sharpe mentioned "trip to India in the next couple of weeks".
  2. A month into the season ending, Mowbray goes to India, is treated like royalty, and sells his fantasy for the upcoming season to the owners.
  3. Mowbray returns with contract extension in hand to dissuade any distractions throughout the upcoming season. The owners are supportive of the club, and we are reminded of how honest and humble they are.
  4. Mentions of players on List A, List B, and List C. We use List D, but only as a last resort a few weeks before the transfer window ends.
  5. We have 1,000 pages of potentially signing Marcus Maddison and Ben Heneghan-againeghan.
  6. Pickering announced as our marquee signing, and Daniel Ayala announced as being like a new signing after returning from a close-season injury after tripping over his bottom lip.

Season begins. After a slight boost in making an effort, results are mediocre to poor, and we're floating above relegation. Social media on overdrive again, making Mowbray return to petulance: not bothering to stand on the touchline and direct the players, telling us that he's done everything he can in training, and making sure he gets back to passive-aggressive comments in the media directed towards the impatient fanbase who clearly haven't given him enough time to do the job.

18 games in, and fans are on the verge of being able to return to stadiums. Mowbray leaves by mutual consent. Venkys gutted. We appoint Steve Evans.

The end.

Actually, not the end. One last thing I almost forgot. I mentioned the "Venky way". The roundabout between Bolton Road and Alan Shearer Way is renamed to that in their honour.

Pretty good assessment but you missed a journey reset somewhere next season. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

It'll be like Bowyer. Start next season slowly. When we are somewhere in the bottom half around November he'all leave one way or the other.

Was thinking earlier we're probably a few months away from exactly where we were at the pont when Bowyer was sacked.

Six years and £100'? m to go precisely nowhere.

Difference was, Bowyer didn't have the CEO watching his back for him like Mowbray does.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope the summer, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they intended to let him finish out his contract. If that's the case, barring an immediate and consistent rise to the top of the table , it will be , rightly, met with huge negativity a la Kean in the Championship. The difference being, I think Mowbray would win fans around if he did get us up there. What are the chances of him actually delivering on that? Tiny. So it would probably just to him eventually going anyway, but our season being a write off ,yet again. 

No way will Mowbray ever get to Kean levels of negativity. Im guessing that you didnt attend around that time but it was toxic for a couple of years, I remember going on many protests and regular Kean out chants. Mowbray will never be as universally hated. More likely to be apathy and reduced attendances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No way will Mowbray ever get to Kean levels of negativity. Im guessing that you didnt attend around that time but it was toxic for a couple of years, I remember going on many protests and regular Kean out chants. Mowbray will never be as universally hated. More likely to be apathy and reduced attendances.

I meant on the message board, not at games 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I meant on the message board, not at games 

Fair enough. Not sure it could ever get as bad as Kean in any scenario but much more likely on here I would say.

If Mowbray got us up there, then of course most people would get back on board. Its that results are so poor that it wont happen though sadly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Meesh said:

Some telling numbers already about how apathetic we feel about him being sacked in a normal fashion, i.e. now or ever.

I think @Hasta has it summed up. We won't sack the manager in summer. It's not the Venky way. We'll go through the usual rigmarole.

1. Seasons ends. Sharpe mentioned "trip to India in the next couple of weeks".
  2. A month into the season ending, Mowbray goes to India, is treated like royalty, and sells his fantasy for the upcoming season to the owners.
  3. Mowbray returns with contract extension in hand to dissuade any distractions throughout the upcoming season. The owners are supportive of the club, and we are reminded of how honest and humble they are.
  4. Mentions of players on List A, List B, and List C. We use List D, but only as a last resort a few weeks before the transfer window ends.
  5. We have 1,000 pages of potentially signing Marcus Maddison and Ben Heneghan-againeghan.
  6. Pickering announced as our marquee signing, and Daniel Ayala announced as being like a new signing after returning from a close-season injury after tripping over his bottom lip.

Meanwhile back at a filthy and unkempt Ewood Season ticket sales go through the floor.

1 minute ago, Meesh said:

Myers walked into a power struggle above him between the Managing Director (Shelfy) and Global Advisor (Shebby). I'm not sure what influence he really had over managerial matters. He was Director of Commercial and Communications, i.e. some poor bloke to face the angry supporters over decisions that he wasn't able to make. A middle man.

As for Shaw, I think he'd lost the trust of the owners by the time Bowyer was appointed. I know he got sent home and told to stay away at Ewood at some point over the Berg fiasco. Did Shelfy fire Berg without consent, perhaps?

Anyway, Bowyer definitely got the chance to endear himself to the owners. I think once that happens, they are... "unsackable". Well, at least for a year or two beyond their expiry date.

When Myers was appointed Shebby had already left the club

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Meanwhile back at a filthy and unkempt Ewood Season ticket sales go through the floor.

You are probably not too far wrong!

I would think the time is about right for Waggot to start promoting next season, new era, nearly pandemic free Ewood, the plans, get behind the team etc etc etc.

I can’t wait to see the pricing policy even for those of us who shelled out for this season🤬

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You are probably not too far wrong!

I would think the time is about right for Waggot to start promoting next season, new era, nearly pandemic free Ewood, the plans, get behind the team etc etc etc.

I can’t wait to see the pricing policy even for those of us who shelled out for this season🤬

It's going to be an eye opener that's for sure after this shit show of a season,Brockhall,Morbid Mowbray,uncle Tom Cobley and all!!

I would be extremely surprised if we don't see a contract extension this year and will also be surprised, if it isn't at least for two further years, taking him to the end of the 2023/24 season.

I don't say that because he deserves it, but feel as though the venky's have been badly advised line and have now learned their lessons, is as far from the truth as you can get.

Someone somewhere is still allowing crazy decisions to be made and I think this will just be another one of them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't he have Shaw and Myers watching his back

Not sure but whilst the owners were a ittle slow in sacking Bowyer it's nothing like the current situation with Waggott and Mowbray for me.

If Mowbray was being judged purely on performance and results he'd have gone in Feb 19 imo.

6 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Even if we believe the badly-advised narrative, their first idea was to fix it with a bloke called Shebby Singh.

There are numerous stories as to the family's giddiness in the earlier years when they were frequenting the area. You also don't have to go back too far to see more examples of stupidity, either. Our defence was in blatant need of investment as soon as we were promoted from League One, and yet they sanction around £14m to be spent solely on strikers in the space of a year.

Rovers is just a cosy play area for them to bugger about in and gives cushy jobs to people close to the family, or those who endear themselves with enough time. Ability is a distant second. That's why they're crap owners.

I fully agree and even to this day, I am pretty certain Venky's do not make all the decisions.

Strikers are the players who go for big money, backed by two, at big prices and no defenders like you say.

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

I fully agree and even to this day, I am pretty certain Venky's do not make all the decisions.

Strikers are the players who go for big money, backed by two, at big prices and no defenders like you say.

And yet the most money they have made out of a player was a defender.

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

Richie Wellens sacked by Salford City in spite of winning the FA Trophy. Their league form showed one win in eight games.

Just as a reminder, Mowbray currently has one win twelve, and the tide is turning!

Gary Bowyer is replacing Wellens there. 

Our former manager