BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Pointless table tbh - we lost because of the manager, nothing to do with who plays and where. You cannot judge players on that basis. Oh, we won when JB played played slightly more than we did when he didnt - so why is Armstrong at the bottom?

Edited by JacknOry

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

I don't understand the willingness for him to be poor. Be positive. A player unwanted by a side in the 1st tier in his country is probably good enough to push for a place in a 2nd tier side in another country. 

To be fair, the rumour seems to be a busy agent at work. And with the usual yearly dilly dallying seemingly making any proactive transfer business a pipe dream, and that a manager who has outstayed his welcome and with the recruitment team have a shoddy record at bringing players in for the last few years, you can appreciate any natural pessimism.

2 hours ago, Ruaney said:

Not logged on for a while but good to see we've made our first signing early for once.

What position does this lad, Data play?

I've heard he's a total machine, a real star, treks all over the pitch, but I know he'll never be Captain. Need to sign someone with a surname like Picard, Kirk, Janeway, Archer for that.

The point is - stats can be construed in either direction. You are telling us that Buckly has a positive blah blah but in the same table AA has a negative. Yet AA fired 25+ goals and is prbably why we're not relegated. Yet, your stats suggest we should drop him and play Buckley - its a load of bollocks tbh.

• Like 6

If Joe and Andy insist on inflicting data analytics on us then could they perhaps start up a separate thread for it?

That way those who wish to read it can, those who don't wish to don't have to, and important threads won't get derailed or ruined with this garbage.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Joe and Andy insist on inflicting data analytics on us then could they perhaps start up a separate thread for it?

That way those who wish to read it can, those who don't wish to don't have to, and important threads won't get derailed or ruined with this garbage.

To be fair, this thread wouldnt be active for a long while yet if we stick rigidly on topic!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Iirc Samba came from some low league foreign outfit, he didn’t turn out that bad did he?

hughes excellent scouting outfit found him,as it did with nelsen,he was`nt offered to us,you got to be suspicious if other clubs start hawking players around,if they are any use,why are trying to get rid of them

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The point is - stats can be construed in either direction. You are telling us that Buckly has a positive blah blah but in the same table AA has a negative. Yet AA fired 25+ goals and is prbably why we're not relegated. Yet, your stats suggest we should drop him and play Buckley - its a load of bollocks tbh.

Always knew it

Joking 

Kind of 😂

• Like 1

If I'm honest I've never heard of Chima Okoroji. I asked my mates who have seen him play and they said that he's young (24!), with potential. Would be interesting to see how he gets on in England. 2nd division here is of a lower quality than the Championship... Schalke may have a few interesting players though. Although currently injured, Nabil Bentaleb would be a good option for midfield. A better experienced left back would be Bastian Oczipka. Also shame Huntelaar has just retired :-(.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Yet AA fired 25+ goals and is prbably why we're not relegated. Yet, your stats suggest we should drop him and play Buckley - its a load of bollocks tbh.

Yeah, that was said!! 🤣🤣🤣 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's completely relevant to a summer transfer window where the club will be using all sorts of data for its recruitment.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Tbh it's grossly unfair to accuse Joe and Andy of derailing the thread (derailing the thread being a BRFCS summer transfer window tradition anyway, as discussions naturally flow to other semi-related topics).

The thread was derailed by another Buckley discussion. Joe and Andy contributed to that discussion in their own way (whether that's your way or that of other posters is immaterial, it was relevant in its way to the discussion happening). It was then a joint, sustained effort to continue to derail along the lines of data use, spurred by people criticising the posts they made and the value of data in the game, which, as people whose careers seem to revolve in varying degrees around data use, they naturally defended. Which prompted more criticism, more defence, etc.

Then you derailed it onto an even less relevant tangent with that post, then I continued that derailment with this post 😛. It's now starting to look like the Paddington crash up in here (too soon?).

• Like 7

Can we not just sell Buckley for £1.75m and a 40% sell on?

1) He's crap (except to Data nerds).

2) I literally once saw the wind blow him off the ball.

This is his make/break season. No way he doesnt see massive game opportunities after we've lost so many players. (Holtby, Dack, Elliott, Evans, Trybull... probably Rothwell).

Prove me wrong John... also, maybe eat a steak of two for Christ sake.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's completely relevant to a summer transfer window where the club will be using all sorts of data for its recruitment.

7 hours ago, rigger said:

What recruitment ?

You don't need any other data than:

1) Is there a Middlesboro connection?

2) Have you given up any ambition of developing your own career as a footballer?

1+2= come on down and sign for the TM gurning car crash show that it looks like next season will be for the once proud club that WE only want the best for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

councellar troi to be brought in to use her betazed abilities in a quest to find out why mowbray plays a big clumsy centre forward out wide,if she fails,tuvok will be hired to perform a mind meld!!

Please don't compare Picard and Mowbray, he's already ruined football, I don't need another joy tarnished by him. 

8 hours ago, rigger said:

What recruitment ?

Signings are coming, I'm told TM has stepped up the search for a new head of recruitment. We've expanded our search parameters and are now using platforms designed to help people find good connections. TM is confident we will find our perfect match soon as He's found several people on Tinder he wants to connect with.

• Like 2