BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Buckley was OK, thats it. People using stats to show he was more than ok, when said stats show our better players as NOT ok, give it a rest.

Nobody used stats to talk about John Buckley's abilities. The discussion was about a comment that said "we always lose when Buckley starts". The only person talking about his abilities on the field, continuing a straw man debate about something nobody said, and dragging this thread any further off topic (which seems to matter A LOT to you) is you!

Just now, LDRover said:

As someone steeped in stats you'd have qualified your statement yet your pithy response suggests you're weary with it all.

No worries, stick me on ignore.

I just don't know if its a good idea for me to go searching off for stats on Jason Lowe when you and I both know he's tosh. I can if I must but I was just simply answering the question. I don't feel a need to ignore you, I don't have an issue with you.

Just now, JoeH said:

I just don't know if its a good idea for me to go searching off for stats on Jason Lowe when you and I both know he's tosh. I can if I must but I was just simply answering the question. I don't feel a need to ignore you, I don't have an issue with you.

It might be worth doing just to show that the data supports the assessment of nearly everyone on here - that he was a very willing and able runner with no technical nor even ball-winning skills. But I'd pop it in the other thread to avoid any more tedious exchanges in here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You've sucked me in now, it'd be like anything else, I'm sure you'd be able to find different stats portraying him in both a positive and negative light dependant upon your agenda and the point you were trying to prove.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You've sucked me in now, it'd be like anything else, I'm sure you'd be able to find different stats portraying him in both a positive and negative light dependant upon your agenda and the point you were trying to prove.

If that's how you see it. I can't change your mind on that and I'm going to stop trying

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I just don't know if its a good idea for me to go searching off for stats on Jason Lowe when you and I both know he's tosh.

Say what you want Joe, at Buckos age JL was a regular in the England U21s and had previously been to tournaments with the U20s and U19s.  To say he is tosh but Bucko isn't takes the piss mate.....we joke about JL but he had a bloody good career based on his ability.  

If he has half the career JL has had he will have exceeded my expectations. 

I

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

If he has half the career JL has had he will have exceeded my expectations. 

Fair enough, I guess I underestimated the extent in which you don't think Bucko has what it takes.

Just now, JoeH said:

Fair enough, I guess I underestimated the extent in which you don't think Bucko has what it takes.

Sigh, because you base players almost solely on data....

Jl secured a solid career off of stats. Allaydyce (were you born yet?) even said he was always top of the opta stats. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Well if you are calling JL tosh and at the same age as Bucko he was well ahead...what does it make JB who you keep saying is the next big thing.? JL light years ahead of him at the same age...very well respected in the national set up, has JB ever been anywhere near an international player...?

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well if you are calling JL tosh and at the same age as Bucko he was well ahead...what does it make JB who you keep saying is the next big thing.? JL light years ahead of him at the same age...very well respected in the national set up, has JB ever been anywhere near an international player...?

I really didn’t rate Lowe at all. He was too backwards and sideways for me. Buckley likes to play forward and that’s just more what I like in a footballer. Granted every player has a job to do in a system and I get that.

I really didn’t rate Lowe at all. He was too backwards and sideways for me. Buckley likes to play forward and that’s just more what I like in a footballer. Granted every player has a job to do in a system and I get that.

I understand you think they are different players, but as a stats man you should love JL, they were through the roof.  But your scientific analysis of him was that he was tosh. 

My scientific analysis on Bucko is that he's crap 

If we had JL at 20 in our team today you would be raving about him....

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I understand you think they are different players, but as a stats man you should love JL, they were through the roof.  But your scientific analysis of him was that he was tosh. 

My scientific analysis on Bucko is that he's crap 

Well stats would show Jason Lowe to be good if you're looking at Pass Accuracy % maybe, but what about his forward passing? His long ball accuracy, assists p90 and creative play would all return back pretty negative results. 

Main reason I haven't gone off to prove that is that I don't have much data available to me that dates back as far as involvement with us. And if I used data of him in League One or League Two I'd be berated for that aspect.

• Backroom

There's some topics the mods might give a little understanding and leeway to as they cover particularly sensitive topics.

This is the transfer thread people!

If we can't speak to each other civilly in here, there's real problems. 

A few friendly warnings have been issued ( including JB suggesting some people use the ignore function yesterday). 

We're past that stage now.

Anyone who continues to attack other posters personally, (in the sodding transfer thread! 🤷‍♂️), don't be surprised when you receive a ban. 

We're better than this right. 🤔

• Like 6

Main reason I haven't gone off to prove that is that I don't have much data available to me that dates back as far as involvement with us. And if I used data of him in League One or League Two I'd be berated for that aspect.

Main reason is because Lowe is a perfect example of data not being as perfect as you think it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Main reason is because Lowe is a perfect example of data not being as perfect as you think it is. 

No. I'll reiterate. I don't have very much available to me going back to 2014 / 2015 era. Not enough to provide anything that would suffice.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

No. I'll reiterate. I don't have very much available to me going back to 2014 / 2015 era. Not enough to provide anything that would suffice.

In other words, you have not had time to find the data, you want, to make your point. 

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

In other words, you have not had time to find the data, you want, to make your point. 

No. I'll reiterate. I don't have very much data available as far back as 2014 / 2015. My stuff goes back to around 16/17 at the earliest. I cannot change that.

Just now, JoeH said:

No. I'll reiterate. I don't have very much data available as far back as 2014 / 2015. My stuff goes back to around 16/17 at the earliest. I cannot change that.

Your stuff, you make it sound like you invented data. 

As you are.