BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Your stuff, you make it sound like you invented data. 

Crikey, am I the devil? Can I do anything right?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not sure why bans would be warented here tbh. Go for it, i wont be returning. 

I wasn't opening up a debate.

If you continue to make personal comments about posters, you will receive a ban, whether you return afterwards is your choice. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Silas said:

I wasn't opening up a debate.

If you continue to make personal comments about posters, you will receive a ban, whether you return afterwards is your choice. 

then ban me - my opinions are not welcome here. 

• Like 1

• K-Hod locked this topic
10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Right, thread being locked to give you all time to simmer down.

If this doesn’t happen when the thread comes back, there will be bans.

To add to this, if when the thread does come back we deem posters to be solely posting here to try and wind people up they’ll be issued with bans too. 

• Like 1

• K-Hod unlocked this topic
4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Say what you want Joe, at Buckos age JL was a regular in the England U21s and had previously been to tournaments with the U20s and U19s.  To say he is tosh but Bucko isn't takes the piss mate.....we joke about JL but he had a bloody good career based on his ability.  

If he has half the career JL has had he will have exceeded my expectations. 

I

Captain too

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well if you are calling JL tosh and at the same age as Bucko he was well ahead...what does it make JB who you keep saying is the next big thing.? JL light years ahead of him at the same age...very well respected in the national set up, has JB ever been anywhere near an international player...?

I'm happy to discuss the merits of Buckley but I can't accept that Jason Lowe is being held up as something which proves how bad Buckley is. Lowe is/was an anti-footballer who could suck the life out of a game just by being involved. 

• Like 5

Yet he featured for England at all levels apart from senior (obviously), and was a terrible player. Buckley has not featured for England but is heralded by some as the next Messi. Love your new avatar btw.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

So lads any transfer news?

Yes mate, apparently loads is afoot 👍

I have it on good authority that we are looking into using stats to help us identify transfer targets 😀

ignoring all this stat b*****s,the issue with buckley is at the moment,he`s to lightweight and fragile,we`ll never know if he`s going to make it unless he`s loaned out to a lower league team which hopefully will enable him to learn to look after himself on the pitch,being sent to the lower leagues for a few months did wonders for beckham,ferdinand etc,they back properly prepared for first team football.Unfortunately we have a manager who`s a ***** idiot and won`t progress any young player

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-jake-kean-interview-20711797

Interesting article with Jake Kean he tells of Celtic bidding 3.5 million for him but the Venkys rejecting it as they wanted 6 million 

These people have no business in football 

"They just didn't fully understand football and it didn't help with the people that they trusted. I remember when Shebby Singh came in and he was playing Football Manager, he actually used it to find players. You just couldn't trust him."

Did Shebby only load Portugal as a country?

As for Kean - the manager, that is - the goalkeeping Kean felt was he was doomed to fail from the start.

"I'd been tarred with the relation brush for years, I got battered in the changing room about that. As a coach he was brilliant but sometimes you make a great coach but not a great manager.

"He was well-liked but the way in which he became the manager certainly didn't help him. Some members of the squad were sceptical of how Sam was dismissed and it felt like there was a lack of trust from that."

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

lol these owners don't know their arses from their elbows. Sell off Cairney for 3 mil who goes on to become a PL level player but reject the same amount for a conference level keeper. 

how many more cock ups have there been that hav`nt been disclosed??,really so depressed about the whole situation id`e be willing to administration and relegation to anywhere if it got rid of this lot,there will always be a rovers,whatever division

• Like 4

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-jake-kean-interview-20711797

Interesting article with Jake Kean he tells of Celtic bidding 3.5 million for him but the Venkys rejecting it as they wanted 6 million 

These people have no business in football 

One of the craziest things I've heard. Maybe they were still high off sticking to their guns over Jones etc.

They accepted less than that, many years later when the market prices had gone up, for Raya, who was and is a far better keeper and prospect. Madness.

Kean has gone on to move clubs 4 times since, and as far as I can see has never commanded a fee for doing so.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Well if you are calling JL tosh and at the same age as Bucko he was well ahead...what does it make JB who you keep saying is the next big thing.? JL light years ahead of him at the same age...very well respected in the national set up, has JB ever been anywhere near an international player...?

What about Jamie Vardy? 

He played at a very low level to a late age in relevant terms to a footballer. The argument you are using here is best defined as a “straw man”. Jason Lowe is not the same player as Buckley. Lowe relied on physicality to spoil football games. 

Your beef with Buckley aside - how is Mols doing now? He was head and shoulders above him in your eyes but struggled to get a game in the Spanish 4th tier. It just shows how football is a game full of opinions. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995

GBE work permit rule changes came into effect today moving Denmark into Band 4. Also moved Sweden and Norway to Band 5. Not huge news for Rovers, because below Band 3 it's really difficult to bring players in on league minutes alone, but noteworthy all the same.