BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Right. I have absolutely no idea where you’re going with this, but they also weren’t responsible for the deaths of 96 or their own, as The Sun reported for years.

I am going to my first statement . In fifty years of supporting football The Sun newspaper has not upset me. This is a fact, if you cannot accept that fact, then so be it.

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am going to my first statement . In fifty years of supporting football The Sun newspaper has not upset me. This is a fact, if you cannot accept that fact, then so be it.

I am struggling to accept that as a football fan yourself, a newspaper blaming 96 football fans for something they didn’t do, for a long time doesn’t upset you, yes.

Still, it wouldn’t do for us all to be the same.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I am struggling to accept that as a football fan yourself, a newspaper blaming 96 football fans for something they didn’t do, for a long time doesn’t upset you, yes.

I can only say what I feel. And I get more upset by Liverpool fans Keep going on about Hillsborough, than what the sun said. This is my thought, be it right or wrong, it is what I feel. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rigger said:

Definitely doesn't sound any better the 2nd time around.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

I can only say what I feel. And I get more upset by Liverpool fans Keep going on about Hillsborough, than what the sun said.

What Bastards those Liverpool fans are hey? Trying to get justice for 96 people who were unlawfully killed. To this day it is simply unimaginable to me (having attended football matches for over 6 decades) that you can walk out of your home to go to watch a game and never return.

Your rag rather than report the truth of the horrific events sought to smear the dead when their bodies were barely cold. But the smear wasn't just against those Liverpool fans at the game it was against all football fans because the view of football fans in this country was already low before it. So rather than doing a proper job they went after the easy targets (the football fans) and by lying and smearing them they damaged the reputation of all football fans even further as well as besmirching the dead. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What Bastards those Liverpool fans are hey? Trying to get justice for 96 people who were unlawfully killed. To this day it is simply unimaginable to me (having attended football matches for over 6 decades) that you can walk out of your home to go to watch a game and never return.

Your rag rather than report the truth of the horrific events sought to smear the dead when their bodies were barely cold. But the smear wasn't just against those Liverpool fans at the game it was against all football fans because the view of football fans in this country was already low before it. So rather than doing a proper job they went after the easy targets (the football fans) and by lying and smearing them they damaged the reputation of all football fans even further as well as besmirching the dead. 

I can only comment on personal experiance , I remember being bricked at Tranmere, beng attacked with stanley knifes in Sefton park. and yes I do think Liverpool had a fair few  bastards as fans.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

I can only comment on personal experiance , I remember being bricked at Tranmere, beng attacked with stanley knifes in Sefton park. and yes I do think Liverpool had a fair few  bastards as fans.

I'm talking about the Liverpool fans who as you put it 'Keep going on about Hillsborough'. Those who simply wanted justice for the unlawful killings of their friends & family who your rag had falsely smeared before they were even in the ground. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Off topic and political.

Practice what you preach please.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Off topic and political.

Practice what you preach please.

Having a heart about 96 people dying at a football match is not political.

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise, frankly.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Excellent posturing there, you're such a good person. Now that you have Peacocked your sanctity perhaps we can get back to Blackburn Rovers?

Edited by O'Malley

9 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

Excellent posturing there, you're such a good person. Now that you have Peacocked your sanctity perhaps we can get back to Blackburn Rovers?

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about. It's not politics. Whatsover. It's 96 dead people. It's not posturing or sanctimony, it's basic decency. Grow up, or grow a heart, you need to do one of the two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about. It's not politics. Whatsover. It's 96 dead people. It's not posturing or sanctimony, it's basic decency. Grow up, or grow a heart, you need to do one of the two.

Right you are Peacock.

58 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It has no place in a thread about Rovers transfers. Many topics similarly worthy to other people have been removed.

The discussion was about newspapers and their motives, please do not twist it as you have.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve kept away from this site to reflect on the double standards. Your comment highlights my point. You as the moderation lead can be derogatory with impunity. 

I’m a poster first, moderator second. 
If there’s something I see, which is certainly related to football (the Hillsborough disaster), then I’m saying my piece. If you don’t like it, no worries. I won’t lose any sleep over it tbh.

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It has no place in a thread about Rovers transfers. Many topics similarly worthy to other people have been removed.

C'mon Stuart, threads often take slight tangents.

It's when it goes on too long, and gets out of hand we tend to put a lid on it.

Feels like that time's arrived. 

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

C'mon Stuart, threads often take slight tangents.

It's when it goes on too long, and gets out of hand we tend to put a lid on it.

Feels like that time's arrived. 

A big stink was made recently by the mods about a different topic that generated a lot of opinion. Lots of posts were hidden as a result including mine. This wasn’t because it had gone on too long it was all removed very quickly.

If mods are going to lay down the law they have to follow it themselves. Moreso even.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The discussion was about newspapers and their motives, please do not twist it as you have.

I didn't question you on whether it has a place in this thread, that's why I only pointed out it's got nothing to do with politics, just heart. It was off topic like 90% of the topic, but that's not what I took umbrage at. I'm not twisting anything, you are. It wasn't political, you twisted it to being political. I suggest you rethink what politics is, or you could take the word of someone who has a degree in Politics. I'm sure you won't do either so I'll leave you to the various misapprehensions you harbour.