BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A big stink was made recently by the mods about a different topic that generated a lot of opinion. Lots of posts were hidden as a result including mine. This wasn’t because it had gone on too long it was all removed very quickly.

If mods are going to lay down the law they have to follow it themselves. Moreso even.

It’s only pixels on a screen, at the end of the day. I’m sure we can all continue to be friends!

• Like 2

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A big stink was made recently by the mods about a different topic that generated a lot of opinion. Lots of posts were hidden as a result including mine. This wasn’t because it had gone on too long it was all removed very quickly.

If mods are going to lay down the law they have to follow it themselves. Moreso even.

And, if it's what I think you're referring to, the result is there's a topic now running on the issue.

So.......no reason that couldn't happen here. 

It's not meant to be "them vs us" Stuart, it's just some people trying to keep the theads on track for the benefit of the readers.

And if your big gripe is, the death of 96 football fans was briefly mentioned on a football fan site, in a thread about football, I'm genuinely a bit taken aback by the outrage. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Of course it matters. If you click on a link, you're giving that newspaper money. Anyone clicking on Sun links needs their heads seeing to, especially as a footy fan after what that rag has done.

Well its doesnt matters when discuss Rovers related transfer links and stories. 

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Tell that to people in Liverpool.

The Sun was wrong for the Hillsborough reporting but their reporting on football matters like England or transfers is decent enough. I dont buy any papers to read when the ones I wanted to read are online for free. 

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I didn't question you on whether it has a place in this thread, that's why I only pointed out it's got nothing to do with politics, just heart. It was off topic like 90% of the topic, but that's not what I took umbrage at. I'm not twisting anything, you are. It wasn't political, you twisted it to being political. I suggest you rethink what politics is, or you could take the word of someone who has a degree in Politics. I'm sure you won't do either so I'll leave you to the various misapprehensions you harbour.

Wow.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sounds like he`s another one for the academy,on the negative side,he can`t be that good if he can`t get regular starts for aberdeen

On 07/06/2021 at 20:08, bluebruce said:

I've heard he's a total machine, a real star, treks all over the pitch, but I know he'll never be Captain. Need to sign someone with a surname like Picard, Kirk, Janeway, Archer for that.

Sisko for me!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Sorry, which physical Jason Lowe do you speak of? I agree that he spoiled football games.

He mastered the art of running alongside a player without ever putting a foot in. 😂

• Like 6

• Backroom

One of my enduring memories of J-Lowe is when I went to watch us play Ipswich at Portman Road. He received the ball in the centre circle - looked up, spotted an opposition player running towards him, and fell over before he'd even been tackled. The lynchpin.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, DE. said:

One of my enduring memories of J-Lowe is when I went to watch us play Ipswich at Portman Road. He received the ball in the centre circle - lookup up, spotted an opposition player running towards him, and fell over before he'd even been tackled. The lynchpin.

made evans look progressive,which is some achievement,much derided by bolton fans as well,one of them in my local summed him up perfectly,"we might as well play with ten men,cos he does`nt actually do anything apart from look backwards and get rid of the ball,it`s like he`s just been handed a stick of semtex with the clock ticking"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Works for me if we keep getting good’uns

Absolute waste of time and money bringing loanees in to finish 15th.

Then back to square one at the start of each season.

The only way to genuinely progress is to develop our own youngsters.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

We shouldnt turn our nose up at loans as long as they improve us. To be fair, if you took out Elliott and Harwood Bellis last season, we might have been in real trouble. 

Weve had some crap loans in recent years though too. Palmer, Trybull, Douglas, Branthwaite and Walton in 3 years.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute waste of time and money bringing loanees in to finish 15th.

Then back to square one at the start of each season.

The only way to genuinely progress is to develop our own youngsters.

My thoughts exactly but we are in a position now where we need these luxury players just to finish 12-15th under this manager.

Tosin the season before, Elliot and THB this season have done as much as anyone to help keep our heads above water. Not sure what it would look like without their ilk but we might well find out soon,

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt turn our nose up at loans as long as they improve us. To be fair, if you took out Elliott and Harwood Bellis last season, we might have been in real trouble. 

Weve had some crap loans in recent years though too. Palmer, Trybull, Douglas, Branthwaite and Walton in 3 years.

I'd almost forgot about Walton till you posted that 😢