BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute waste of time and money bringing loanees in to finish 15th.

Then back to square one at the start of each season.

The only way to genuinely progress is to develop our own youngsters.

Personally have more hope with players like Clarkson that they're better punts for us. Potentially easier for us to do a loan to buy if he's not getting time at Liverpool, and he's supposedly one of us.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Personally have more hope with players like Clarkson that they're better punts for us. Potentially easier for us to do a loan to buy if he's not getting time at Liverpool, and he's supposedly one of us.

He won't be on the market as a permanent option,rated at Liverpool and already been involved with first team squad 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt turn our nose up at loans as long as they improve us. To be fair, if you took out Elliott and Harwood Bellis last season, we might have been in real trouble. 

Weve had some crap loans in recent years though too. Palmer, Trybull, Douglas, Branthwaite and Walton in 3 years.

That's true, but only because we have a shite manager who invariably buys shite players and/or can't get the best out of them. 

And we went backwards last season in terms of points and wins so they didn't improve us. 

30 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So Ashley Fletcher who many deemed wouldn’t have been a good enough signing for us will be playing in the premier league next season.

Do you think he's good enough? His stats is pretty underwhelming and has had a few injuries as well.

For me he has some good attributes, but I can't really see him any upgrade on Gallagher/Breo. Well done to him for getting a move to Watford. Seemed like a decent bloke in the Sunderland documentary

image.thumb.png.a8b7b1685c563311ecea137165942195.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

So Ashley Fletcher who many deemed wouldn’t have been a good enough signing for us will be playing in the premier league next season.

There's no guarantee he will be playing. Kipre didn't.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

Warnock didn't think he was good enough for Boro did he? 

Watford owners don't seem to be overspending this time around. 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt turn our nose up at loans as long as they improve us. To be fair, if you took out Elliott and Harwood Bellis last season, we might have been in real trouble. 

Weve had some crap loans in recent years though too. Palmer, Trybull, Douglas, Branthwaite and Walton in 3 years.

I agree that any loan signing needs to the starting 11 like Harwood-Bellis or Elliott did. 

Never understood the Palmer loan signing. Walton was panic signing and Douglas was awful signing by Mowbray when we could have got Manning or Pickering last summer. More strange recruitment by Mowbray again

21 hours ago, Ricky said:

Have you ever seen him play? Just because he signed for Watford, it doesn't mean he is good by default. They don't have a 100% record with signings, you may be surprised to hear.  

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good player, he's a step up from Gally and Diaz

In your mind ,not in any meaningful way that has been displayed in reality to date. A clogger. Less skillful than Brereton and slower than Gallagher. 

I read through the comments on the Instagram post about it yesterday. It's safe to say Boro fans are shocked and Watford fans don't agree with you that it's a good and logical signing for them. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In your mind ,not in any meaningful way that has been displayed in reality to date. A clogger. Less skillful than Brereton and slower than Gallagher. 

I read through the comments on the Instagram post about it yesterday. It's safe to say Boro fans are shocked and Watford fans don't agree with you that it's a good and logical signing for them. 

I don't care about all that.  A clogger🤣  from the man who constantly slags AA, I'm not taking your views on forwards seriously.  How can anyone be less skilful than Brereton?  Gallagher is a cart horse.

Fletcher has outscored both of them...in a lot less games than SG.  And has 3 times as many goals as BB...roughly the same number of games and at a higher level.....

Clearly you have seen nothing of Fletcher except numbers on Wikipedia. 🙄

Watford have signed him for the Premier league, we should have told them about pinky and perky. They could have got them instead....oh wait.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have you ever seen him play? Just because he signed for Watford, it doesn't mean he is good by default. They don't have a 100% record with signings, you may be surprised to hear.  

Why are you so keen for him to be rubbish...? A player you know nothing about...

Wow it's slow when we are arguing over the dubious merits of Fletcher. 

Got to say this seems like a Coyle mk 2 season on the cards. Maybe it's just me but I feel limited and late transfers only once we have sold Armstrong (and minimal amounts being reinvested.) There's the same lack of optimism around the place and a split fan base on the manager. All far too similar to be comfortable really. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Still got a couple of weeks to publish the accounts and get the transfer embargo lifted.

It's a sham as usual they want to be embargo'd just like they did last time when they willingly walked into it.

Opens up doors and excuses to sell players and crunch down the wage bill again whilst only getting in cheapo's.  That's why Mowbray and his clan of league 1 ability stooges remain. They used Bowyer in much the same way in the end.

Hopefully get through this season relatively unscathed then have a fresh start all around. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't care about all that.  A clogger🤣  from the man who constantly slags AA, I'm not taking your views on forwards seriously.  How can anyone be less skilful than Brereton?  Gallagher is a cart horse.

Fletcher has outscored both of them...in a lot less games than SG.  And has 3 times as many goals as BB...roughly the same number of games and at a higher level.....

Clearly you have seen nothing of Fletcher except numbers on Wikipedia. 🙄

Watford have signed him for the Premier league, we should have told them about pinky and perky. They could have got them instead....oh wait.

No other clubs would've signed BB and SG when our lot did for the money we did on the contracts we did.  Only us.

I doubt any other manager, after getting them for such money, would then have set about pissing around with them like this one has.

Tinpot.