BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No other clubs would've signed BB and SG when our lot did for the money we did on the contracts we did.  Only us.

I doubt any other manager, after getting them for such money, would then have set about pissing around with them like this one has.

Tinpot.

I'm just not sure what they saw to spend that money.  When he got here BB was warming up at half time etc and he literally looked like he couldn't strike a ball properly and his touch was abysmal.   Slight improvement without fans which is a worry...he seems to wilt under pressure. 

The other one has to play up top or forget it.

Instead of SAS it could be BS......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

that would be good,seeing  as inevitably we`ll be without the glass ankled ayala

Be interesting to see if he does come back....if he goes to another championship club its not a good sign for Mogadon.  Maybe they want him to play a bit higher than lower championship though...

On the strength of his stint here guaranteeing him x amount of games from the beginning of the season shouldn't be a problem.

That might swing it in Rovers favor but knowing this lot they'll just say we'll take you back if you don't get fixed up elsewhere son.  Then wait all summer for him until he gets fixed up elsewhere.

Same with Elliot probably.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's a sham as usual they want to be embargo'd just like they did last time when they willingly walked into it.

Opens up doors and excuses to sell players and crunch down the wage bill again whilst only getting in cheapo's.  That's why Mowbray and his clan of league 1 ability stooges remain. They used Bowyer in much the same way in the end.

Hopefully get through this season relatively unscathed then have a fresh start all around. 

This would have the Facebook massive gnashing their teeth. The truth usually does to be fair.

• Like 2

What I’ve seen of fletcher from live games at united youth level and a handful of games on tv he was another over hyped quick forward that lacks any natural finishing ability and has piggy backed off the prospect tag since . Poor over rated striker

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't care about all that.  A clogger🤣  from the man who constantly slags AA, I'm not taking your views on forwards seriously.  How can anyone be less skilful than Brereton?  Gallagher is a cart horse.

Fletcher has outscored both of them...in a lot less games than SG.  And has 3 times as many goals as BB...roughly the same number of games and at a higher level.....

Clearly you have seen nothing of Fletcher except numbers on Wikipedia. 🙄

Watford have signed him for the Premier league, we should have told them about pinky and perky. They could have got them instead....oh wait.

I have seen him. That's what I base my opinions on, surprisingly. 

Your comment on AA is a straw man and you know it. As for opinions,after yours on Mols and Dack, it's pretty clear most don't take you seriously. How could they? 

Fletcher is shite and if we signed him you would be slating Mowbray for the Boro connection 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have seen him. That's what I base my opinions on, surprisingly. 

Your comment on AA is a straw man and you know it. As for opinions,after yours on Mols and Dack, it's pretty clear most don't take you seriously. How could they? 

Fletcher is shite and if we signed him you would be slating Mowbray for the Boro connection 

I'm surprised that Mowbray didn't try for Fletcher and I have no idea why Watford have gone for him but don't expect him to be starting many games there. isn't it a 5 year contract for him at Watford?

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty sure he's been mentioned on here as someone who would be a good signing.

Barnsley now moving well ahead of us in every way. 

Any sign of a head of recruitment yet? 

I work in recruitment and I have to say Rovers operate at the level of an SME when it comes to their recruitment. 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea why Watford have gone for him but don't expect him to be starting many games 

Do you think they just thought, "let's give this lad 40k for the next 5 years, but we won't bother playing him...."

🥱🙄 

More rubbish from you.

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you think they just thought, "let's give this lad 40k for the next 5 years, but we won't bother playing him...."

🥱🙄 

More rubbish from you.

£40,000? Do you have a link for that? I would imagine considerably lower with pay as you play put in there. 

Boro signed him based off potentially being good and what he might go onto do. It didn't happen for him there and Watford are now taking a punt. It's total low risk for Watford. They got him for free, so even if they sell him for 500, 000 they will do alright. Lets see how much he plays. He's a very lucky boy with a super agent. What an opportunity with the CV and injury record he has. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

£40,000? Do you have a link for that? I would imagine considerably lower with pay as you play put in there. 

Boro signed him based off potentially being good and what he might go onto do. It didn't happen for him there and Watford are now taking a punt. It's total low risk for Watford. They got him for free, so even if they sell him for 500, 000 they will do alright. Lets see how much he plays. He's a very lucky boy with a super agent. What an opportunity with the CV and injury record he has. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/ashley-fletcher-was-offered-a-fabulous-deal-to-stay-says-neil-warnock-as-middlesbrough-boss-looks-to-other-targets-3212544%3famp

Why would warnock make him an offer her couldn't turn down if he was shit?  And a Premier league club has got him now tied down for 5 years....

It kind of looks the opposite to what you and chaddy think....👍🥱

His dad used to look after him, might still do.

Edited by Sparks Rover

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It doesn't say the amount though? Of course Warnock would say that it was fantastic, he would hardly say it was shite. I find it interesting how he references the current climate, which would suggest to me that it was less than what he was on. Rightly so going off his record to be fair. 

Fair play to him. Whoever he is has worked some magic. It's a very surprising transfer to many people, except yourself. Maybe they will sign Mols next 😉 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

🥱🙄 

More rubbish from you.

And more commenting on every single post of his from you. Ever considered just scrolling past?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's a very surprising transfer to many people, except yourself.

Hold on matey.  I never said he's a premier league player by any means.  What I did say is that he is better than our two gomps up front.   You said he is a clogger and worse than BB and SG.  

He is a lucky boy but people have seen something in him since he was 13....He was the darling of the notlob academy, England schoolboy etc...Big fee he got transferred for a few years ago....someone thinks he's decent.