BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Barnsley now moving well ahead of us in every way. 

Any sign of a head of recruitment yet? 

Its appears that Rovers haven't chosen their preferred choice yet and with Waggott away still apparently and Mowbray probably the same Looks like nothing with happened until they return from Holidays

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its appears that Rovers haven't chosen their preferred choice yet and with Waggott away still apparently and Mowbray probably the same Looks like nothing with happened until they return from Holidays

Yep, no phones, emails or anything in Cornwall.  🙄 Problem with us, we rely on loans too much and no parent club decides to loan out until they've been on pre season tour etc....so, all our business is done late.  

Still no word on what's happening with AA, JR.....paralysis as usual..

Looking more and more like its Mogadon again for next season folks....

I don't begrudge Mowbray his holidays and a total break from it all for a few weeks. The last 12 months will have been a slog for everybody in football so back to a proper summer break then real pre season should do everybody good. 

However we keep being told all the plans are in place and the wheels grinding with the recruitment dept. The recruitment dept that has no head of recruitment.

So yeah a typical Rovers summer where many things will be being left to chance and just hoping for the best.

As for Waggot i'm not even going to go there the guys snake oil job over the training ground has left me sick in regards to him.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on matey.  I never said he's a premier league player by any means.  What I did say is that he is better than our two gomps up front.   You said he is a clogger and worse than BB and SG.  

He is a lucky boy but people have seen something in him since he was 13....He was the darling of the notlob academy, England schoolboy etc...Big fee he got transferred for a few years ago....someone thinks he's decent.

Sounds like a backtrack to me. I wouldn't take him over either of those 2 and we all know they have their issues.

Yes , people may have seen something in him, but as of yet, that hasn't translated to actual senior football, so let's see. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shocking and amateur carry on 

Well less shocking actually unfortunately ,but definitely amateur. I have worked in companies smaller than Rovers in every way and that type of nonsense and downright negligent approach would not be tolerated. Crazy shit. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, no phones, emails or anything in Cornwall.  🙄 Problem with us, we rely on loans too much and no parent club decides to loan out until they've been on pre season tour etc....so, all our business is done late.  

To be fair I think any doubt on whether that would be the case ended a good few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

I never profess to be an ITK'er but I came across some interesting info the other week that came from a source who is either currently in the recruitment team at Rovers or recently departed.  Quite high up too I believe.  I should probably clarify with my friend who spent a good deal of time with him a few weeks ago as to whether he's a current staff member or not, but maybe for the best to not give too much away, especially how they met and got talking for risk of compromising his role should he still be in it.

He was highly critical of how things are run at Rovers, whether it be playing side, transfer side or club matters.  Said it's basically a bit of a shambles behind the scenes and things move so slowly and we aren't run as we should be.  Said how Kean was pissed whilst at the training ground/Ewood on numerous occasions, highly critical of most managers but did say Bowyer was a good guy and wasn't a bad manager.  Says Tony is an alright guy but doesn't rate him that much as a manager.  There were a number of other tidbits and insights but aren't overly relevant to this discussion.

One of the most interesting bits was about our scouting and transfer policy.  He said it's moved heavily to revolve around data analysis but what's best in his and other scout's eyes is going and viewing a player yourself in person, but for some reason the club won't allow them to do this.  I'm not sure if it's a money-saving exercise, but he was incredibly frustrated that he and other staff weren't allowed to go and watch players before deciding if they were right for the club.  Basically said it was bonkers that this is how the club operates.

Anyways, I know it's not much but thought it might be worth sharing.

3 minutes ago, mustard said:

I never profess to be an ITK'er but I came across some interesting info the other week that came from a source who is either currently in the recruitment team at Rovers or recently departed.  Quite high up too I believe.  I should probably clarify with my friend who spent a good deal of time with him a few weeks ago as to whether he's a current staff member or not, but maybe for the best to not give too much away, especially how they met and got talking for risk of compromising his role should he still be in it.

He was highly critical of how things are run at Rovers, whether it be playing side, transfer side or club matters.  Said it's basically a bit of a shambles behind the scenes and things move so slowly and we aren't run as we should be.  Said how Kean was pissed whilst at the training ground/Ewood on numerous occasions, highly critical of most managers but did say Bowyer was a good guy and wasn't a bad manager.  Says Tony is an alright guy but doesn't rate him that much as a manager.  There were a number of other tidbits and insights but aren't overly relevant to this discussion.

One of the most interesting bits was about our scouting and transfer policy.  He said it's moved heavily to revolve around data analysis but what's best in his and other scout's eyes is going and viewing a player yourself in person, but for some reason the club won't allow them to do this.  I'm not sure if it's a money-saving exercise, but he was incredibly frustrated that he and other staff weren't allowed to go and watch players before deciding if they were right for the club.  Basically said it was bonkers that this is how the club operates.

so basically if we want scouting representation in for example ireland or scandinavia etc,we can`t build up contacts and a scouting system  because everything is done by computer,a fookin shambles innit

They've spent money setting up this scouting players by screen and data approach. Probably employed extra staff as well so they'll just not want to pay scouts and scouting expenses i bet.

Plus certain people probably get more control over signings this way. 

11 minutes ago, LDRover said:

So what was that bollocks about a European scouting network then? Just some specky nerd with a spreadsheet?

the european scouting network is where all the expense has gone,it`s one man in a rusty citroen berlingo driving round europe hoping to find a striker who can play wide,i think the van has broken down because our vaunted scouting system aint producing much is it

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

100% he's staying. 

No idea how he's held onto his job after last season but I suppose we do have the most clueless owners in football.

Shouldn't be a surprise, really.

10 hours ago, mustard said:

Not shooting you down at all but I don't believe it, two things stick out to me that don't add up.

Kean was a disgrace, but I don't believe he would turn up drunk. It doesn't fit the profile before he joined the club, he was a very well respected coach. I severely doubt he would rock up to training inebriated. He was just a terrible manager.

When were said coaches not allowed to go and watch players? That has been the case anyway for the last 15 months. We have certainly heard before the pandemic of scouts going to games across Europe. Even TM has suggested in the past that it was important that players were watched before any major judgements.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about turning up drunk i don't think even he was that dumb. He was a known piss head though probably post games there's plenty evidence out there. Him and Coleman were a legendary nightime double act once over. Bad habits don't die out overnight.

I know for a fact from eye witness of his late night boozing at Ewood.  Perhaps he was just lonely though, away from home, no dog, no friends etc !

Also that 'well respected' coach was on the scrapheap i do believe until Allardyce ( or someone close to Rovers )  threw him a bone.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, bringdunnback said:

Not shooting you down at all but I don't believe it, two things stick out to me that don't add up.

Kean was a disgrace, but I don't believe he would turn up drunk. It doesn't fit the profile before he joined the club, he was a very well respected coach. I severely doubt he would rock up to training inebriated. He was just a terrible manager.

When were said coaches not allowed to go and watch players? That has been the case anyway for the last 15 months. We have certainly heard before the pandemic of scouts going to games across Europe. Even TM has suggested in the past that it was important that players were watched before any major judgements.

The drink spiker pounced again.?    There were plenty of stories from his times at other clubs doing the round regarding his off field antics, but when a bunch of idiots give you a million pound contract the move from buckfast to something more expensive could have dire results, especially for somebody from the mean streets of rowdy Cumbernauld

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so basically if we want scouting representation in for example ireland or scandinavia etc,we can`t build up contacts and a scouting system  because everything is done by computer,a fookin shambles innit

Yep. We used to have a few Irish lads come over...that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

His agent/people at Rovers will link him with all and sundry until someone puts cash on the table. Another 'link' the day after being voted POTY. Coincidence? I think not.

To be fair we can't be suspicious about every link to the player. I mean it's completely to be expected. 

23 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shocking and amateur carry on 

Well less shocking actually unfortunately ,but definitely amateur. I have worked in companies smaller than Rovers in every way and that type of nonsense and downright negligent approach would not be tolerated. Crazy shit. 

I don;t know why it's taking so long to find a new head of recruitment. I would imagine we have plenty of people applying for the job. I would imagine that Venus is filling this role for this summer transfer window unless we bring in the right man now. But his involvement will be minimal in my opinion 

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don;t know why its took so long to find a new head of recruitment. I would imagine we have plenty of people applying for the job. I would imagine that Venus is filling this role for this summer transfer window unless we bring in the right man

Have we found one ?

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don;t know why its took so long to find a new head of recruitment.

It's all about the synergy mate...Tony needs to look them in the eye and make sure they fit.."lemon drizzle or vanilla slice?" Very important stuff to get right.

• Like 1

Mowbray and/or HSH will have someone lined up just waiting for it to be ticked off by Pune.

There's no way they are bringing in a new HoR that won't be told what to do by the manager.  Why did the last one who may or may not have been responsible for getting in some good young talent bolt off to a lower division club ?

Has anyone in a position to ask or find out bothered to do so ?  Far too much to ask the local propaganda reporters i suppose.

• Like 1