BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

I don't begrudge Mowbray and Waggott their holidays either... but the season did end (for us) over 7 weeks ago.

School kids have less time off for summer.

Yet another excuse BRFC get to hide behind for lack of free agent activity.

Ps. I am aware of the irony talking about holidays, as Mowbray and Waggots jobs at this point are basically well paid holidays.

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I don't begrudge Mowbray and Waggott their holidays either... but the season did end (for us) over 7 weeks ago.

School kids have less time off for summer.

Yet another excuse BRFC get to hide behind for lack of free agent activity.

Ps. I am aware of the irony talking about holidays, as Mowbray and Waggots jobs at this point are basically well paid holidays.

Just without the beach.

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don;t know why it's taking so long to find a new head of recruitment. I would imagine we have plenty of people applying for the job. I would imagine that Venus is filling this role for this summer transfer window unless we bring in the right man now. But his involvement will be minimal in my opinion 

It's a shambles. It gives an insight into how a lot of things are done at the club. Real tin pot ,small league, amateur carry on. That's why we will never punch above our weight under this regime. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are probably final stages of choosing a candidate from shortlist. 

Who knows? It should have been completed about 5-6 weeks ago. 

It seems they don't even have a HR recruitment person in place. The ads they put on LinkedIn are even so amateur

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

You advertise the role with a deadline

When the deadline passes you see who you have and narrow the field to those you want to speak to. Either one or two interviews then 

You make an offer 

This should all be done in a month max. 

Whoever is involved in this process should not have gone on holidays until the role was filled. Amateur , that's the only word for it. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

To be honest these top roles at top clubs don't even get advertised very often. The club will have had warning of the departure (worrying that the last bloke saw League One Sunderland as a career progression). To be sat here without the position filled is an absolute joke but to be expected here.

At the top clubs they go out and headhunt the right director/manager/coaching staff to fit whatever they are trying to do.

Here it is either promote from within or wait and see who throws their hat into the ring.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

To be honest these top roles at top clubs don't even get advertised very often. The club will have had warning of the departure (worrying that the last bloke saw League One Sunderland as a career progression). To be sat here without the position filled is an absolute joke but to be expected here.

At the top clubs they go out and headhunt the right director/manager/coaching staff to fit whatever they are trying to do.

Here it is either promote from within or wait and see who throws their hat into the ring.

Exactly. Some of the roles the club put on LinkedIn should be headhunted and would be at properly run clubs. 

No doubt they had notice. The guy that left would have had to of given notice, typically 1 month. 

It's slow paced , reactive recruitment. Totally amateur. Absolutely no doubt about that. Nobody could convince me otherwise. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don;t know why it's taking so long to find a new head of recruitment. I would imagine we have plenty of people applying for the job. 

Fancy a job ? We are under a registration ban but you can watch videos of 3rd division games ready for next summer.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

erm... Transfer Embargo.

Once the accounts are published the cat will be out it's bag.

Please can you stop saying this? 
The deadline for the accounts hasn’t passed yet. Once it does, if we don’t file them in time, then you’ll have a point….

• Like 5

13 hours ago, bringdunnback said:

Not shooting you down at all but I don't believe it, two things stick out to me that don't add up.

Kean was a disgrace, but I don't believe he would turn up drunk. It doesn't fit the profile before he joined the club, he was a very well respected coach. I severely doubt he would rock up to training inebriated. He was just a terrible manager.

When were said coaches not allowed to go and watch players? That has been the case anyway for the last 15 months. We have certainly heard before the pandemic of scouts going to games across Europe. Even TM has suggested in the past that it was important that players were watched before any major judgements.

Maybe I misheard about the turning up drunk but it was spoken that he was a drunk at least and it was well-known he would often stink of booze, maybe from night before I don’t know.  I was fairly drunk myself when hearing the tale so I could have mixed it up a bit haha

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why wouldn't he just say who it is if he knows? 

Seems like you’re new to the world of Mr Nixon. Spoiler alert- he’s a massive whopper.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who knows? It should have been completed about 5-6 weeks ago. 

It seems they don't even have a HR recruitment person in place. The ads they put on LinkedIn are even so amateur

Looks like the jobs we advertise look proper and professional given my experience of recruiting staff in a previous role  

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You advertise the role with a deadline

When the deadline passes you see who you have and narrow the field to those you want to speak to. Either one or two interviews then 

You make an offer 

This should all be done in a month max. 

Whoever is involved in this process should not have gone on holidays until the role was filled. Amateur , that's the only word for it. 

We did advertise for the role of Head of Recruitment with the deadline. Just like we have done this current role being advertised of head of medical services. 

87 people applied for it. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19296094.rovers-close-new-transfer-chief-87-applications/

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be great if we signed him BEFORE selling Armstrong, but that's probably expecting too much 

Unlikely to happen. Be better if we got Yates signed up as Armstrong transfer went through. 

Yates impressed in the play offs and looks a good all round striker. But he might consider it a sideways move, and would we pay the money?

End of the day, he seems to have an active agent but even if he did sign, no one will equal the goal output of our departing striker. With the same manager, that spells further regression sadly. Thats before you consider the loss of Elliott.