BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like the jobs we advertise look proper and professional given my experience of recruiting staff in a previous role  

We did advertise for the role of Head of Recruitment with the deadline. Just like we have done this current role being advertised of head of medical services. 

87 people applied for it. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19296094.rovers-close-new-transfer-chief-87-applications/

Unlikely to happen. Be better if we got Yates signed up as Armstrong transfer went through. 

I have worked as a recruiter for multinational companies and how Rovers do recruitment, doesn't look very good to me. It looks amateur. 

You can't seriously say that they have used an efficient deadline to recruit for this role?  Chaddy for the love of God, that article is dated May 12th and they still haven't made an appointment. The guy who left would have given 4 weeks notice and when did he leave? Amateur 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Ok, so here we go. An article from the 31st of March saying he had left. So when did he give his notice? At least 1 month and certain roles have to give 3 months. So being generous they have know since the end of February he needed to be replaced.  It goes onto say then the deadline for applications is April 14th. 2 months later and they still haven't appointed someone. I have recruited for manager roles in organisations and that timeframe would not be acceptable and I would expect a football club with a transfer window approaching to be even quicker with this sort of thing. It's as if they didn't have any idea what to do if he left. It shows poor planning. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19200381.rovers-searching-new-head-recruitment-departure/

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yates impressed in the play offs and looks a good all round striker. But he might consider it a sideways move, and would we pay the money?

A sideways move? Blackpool to Rovers? 

Do you say things to be deliberately antagonistic or because you like to get the opportunity to defend your “justified pessimism”? 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Do you say things to be deliberately antagonistic or because you like to get the opportunity to defend your “justified pessimism”? 

Yes, fair enough but they are on the up, a fresh new manager who plays good football and we are stagnating, and probably falling back with owners who don't give a shit and a manger who is unsackable.  He's the main man at Blackpool too, no doubt he'd be shunted here and there under Mogadon....

Unless it's an extra 5-10k per week he'd be better off staying.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Yates impressed in the play offs and looks a good all round striker. But he might consider it a sideways move, and would we pay the money?

End of the day, he seems to have an active agent but even if he did sign, no one will equal the goal output of our departing striker. With the same manager, that spells further regression sadly. Thats before you consider the loss of Elliott.

Why is it a sideways move? Rovers are a bigger club with bigger budget, better wages, better training ground, etc. 

Elliott loss will be factor but wont we be replacing him and if Brereton can keep his form up that he shown we have new improve player. Plus Dolan and JRC playing those roles will get better by playing there. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have worked as a recruiter for multinational companies and how Rovers do recruitment, doesn't look very good to me. It looks amateur. 

You can't seriously say that they have used an efficient deadline to recruit for this role?  Chaddy for the love of God, that article is dated May 12th and they still haven't made an appointment. The guy who left would have given 4 weeks notice and when did he leave? Amateur 

If I remember correctly the deadline for the head of recruitment role was end of April. So in my opinion that role should be filled within the month of May. 

I dont know how much notice period Harvey gave to the club

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Out of interest, based on what we saw last season on the pitch and on a wider scale just everything about the club at the moment, negligent owners, failing management, impending sale of key player, CEO incompetence etc, would "justified pessimism" be antagonistic in your eyes or understandable considering everything?

I think personally that Rovers are a bigger club, bigger stadium, training facilities, recent history etc. Sideways step I meant as in from one Championship club to another.

We are more established as A Championship squad but run by aforementioned shit owners who dont care enough to stop an incompetent manager from taking us backwards. Blackpool have a bright and talented manager and new ownership who seem to really care. Hes a central player there literally and metaphorically who would probably end up on the wing here. I would say that our squad at the moment is better so theres pros and cons for him.

Ultimately all of the above reasons are of little importance compared to the main reason to go from one Championship club to another, money. Id like to think that we can offer a Blackpool player more should we want to but with their new owners and our managers every other word being "covid" then im not entirely confident of that anymore.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No thanks, League 1 rubbish. We have better in our academy.

We have strikers that could get 20 plus goals at League 1 level in our academy at this moment in time?

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is it a sideways move? Rovers are a bigger club with bigger budget, better wages, better training ground, etc. 

Elliott loss will be factor but wont we be replacing him and if Brereton can keep his form up that he shown we have new improve player. Plus Dolan and JRC playing those roles will get better by playing there. 

If I remember correctly the deadline for the head of recruitment role was end of April. So in my opinion that role should be filled within the month of May. 

All touched on above, I struggle to muster enthusiasm on how Mowbrays new side minus our key 3 attackers will shape up next season at this moment in time. You seem to have reverted back to type on the subject which is your choice.

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I struggle to muster enthusiasm on how Mowbrays new side minus our key 3 attackers will shape up next season at this moment in time. You seem to have reverted back to type on the subject which is your choice.

Until we get closer to the start of the season and we see the squad we have then its far too early to judge. 

But I see it has an opportunity for players Brereton, Dolan, JRC and Buckley to step up up and perform.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

To be fair, he's meant to be absolutely class.

Yep, and they have been pretty clear with their intention to loan him out. 

If there is anything good that came from last year, its that we can trusted with top talent youngsters from the top 6 teams.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yep, and they have been pretty clear with their intention to loan him out. 

If there is anything good that came from last year, its that we can trusted with top talent youngsters from the top 6 teams.

So is this a guess based on the above, or have you heard something specific about us?

I was laughing my head off at Blackpool fans on Twitter suggesting Rovers would be a sideway step… didn’t think I’d see rovers fans agreeing! 

This place is really a microcosm of rovers despair these days!

I also haven’t stopped laughing at West Ham fans thinking they’ll sign AA for 8m. Surely there aren’t rovers fans who think that’s all we’ll get if he goes this summer?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can see why people saying joining Rovers from Blackpool is a sideways step could be antagonistic, but also , would you really be that surprised if they finished ahead of us next season? I hope they don't, but it's hard to know how next season is going to go for us 

I would be.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It says April 14th in the article I posted. He gave at least 1 months notice. That's what's in most people's contracts, so that would mean the club would have known in February he was leaving. 

The very thought of a move from Blackpool to Blackburn Rovers being "sideways" should be absolutely laughable.

Unfortunately, under Mowbray and Waggott it's probably a backwards step never mind sideways 

Unless we really are desperately in need of an outside cash injection i doubt these owners would let AA go for 8 million. 

The other side of the coin though is he'll be offered double his money probably and will leave for nothing next summer. So they might well be being strongly advised to grab what they can. 

Rothwell or someone might well get sacrificed just to get the money for a better deal for AA.  Is that really worth it though as it'll only be to keep him for a season at most on better terms.

Then we've lost both.

Most likely outcome to this is probably a late sale or one in Jan for an undisclosed amount. Meaning we'll get about 9 million !

Shades of Rhodes in all this......

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Well that's just utterly depressing.

We now have to flog AA for a knockdown price because we have left ourselves in a terrible bargaining position and now we are desperate for cash otherwise we are going to be embargoed.

Just out of interest why are the EFL not giving any leeway to clubs as none of them have had matchday revenue for so long?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Looks as if we are going into an embargo! 

Suits Mowbray down to a T.

Doesn't have to perform and has something else to blame.

Well, not really, we’ve still got two weeks to file our accounts before that can be the case….

• Like 1