BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

West Ham et a know we;re desperate for cash so will be able to drive the hardest bargain possible on Armstrong .... £8m might be the best we'll get, 40% of which will go to Newcastle

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19373298.blackburn-rovers-transfers-embargo-adam-armstrong-latest/

This is all assuming we do not want to enter an embargo. There's always the possibility the club might be happy to do so. Tony would love it. 

51 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Looks as if we are going into an embargo! 

Suits Mowbray down to a T.

Doesn't have to perform and has something else to blame.

It does seem like last time they are happy to sleepwalk into it.  It does open up possibilities for the number crunchers who don't really give a toss about how the team does.

Seeing as it happened before under similar circumstances then if it does happen again i'd suggest the problem lies higher up the food chain. I'm sure Mowbray would love more money to waste but to be honest i doubt he's bothered too much either way.

He still gets paid and as you say the excuses come gift wrapped and ready made at Rovers.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It does seem like last time they are happy to sleepwalk into it.  It does open up possibilities for the number crunchers who don't really give a toss about how the team does.

Seeing as it happened before under similar circumstances then if it does happen again i'd suggest the problem lies higher up the food chain. I'm sure Mowbray would love more money to waste but to be honest i doubt he's bothered too much either way.

He still gets paid and as you say the excuses come gift wrapped and ready made at Rovers.

Not sure how bothered he would be. Mo money, mo problems for Mowbray. Although from his comments anything above relegation next season would be seen as a positive. That's the ambition of the club right now. Tried aiming for promotion, didn't like the pressure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reading Rich Sharpe's article makes me think they're tempering expectations for an embargo.

It makes giving players an additional 4 week contracts for not playing look even more foolish as all of that would have been in the qualifying accounts. Sort of makes you think that the club or directors need us to go into an embargo.

I can see in the next 12 weeks, we'll need the sale of AA, JR and another plus the sale of the Brockhall land for us to come out of an Embargo and will all be blamed on FFP instead of the incompetence of those in charge.

• Like 5

I think it suits them down to the ground to tell people we are under restrictions even if we aren't. And yes I do think the stooges would go to those sort of lengths if it meant shielding the owners from blame and criticism when it goes belly up (which it will).

Not our fault you see. Its those nasty FFP rules (that everyone else has avoided). Venkys have done all they can.

I wonder if Sharpe is going to ask Waggott if he is going to resign after the training ground fiasco (costing the club how much?) and now potentially taking us back into an embargo after the 'slow build' was designed to avoid this position. 

His management- surely there should be consequences when it fails?

But no it will be more shoulder shrugging and excuse making.

Con men the lot of em

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

West Ham et a know we;re desperate for cash so will be able to drive the hardest bargain possible on Armstrong .... £8m might be the best we'll get, 40% of which will go to Newcastle

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19373298.blackburn-rovers-transfers-embargo-adam-armstrong-latest/

This is all assuming we do not want to enter an embargo. There's always the possibility the club might be happy to do so. Tony would love it. 

Our bargaining position isn't good mainly down to the fact he only has a year left on his deal. Clubs will use this to their advantage because Rovers can't risk a January sale when his value depreciates even further or worse still walking away for nothing next summer.

As somebody once said "It's another fine mess you've got me into".

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Really? After 2 wins in 17 games at the tail end of last season and without Armstrong and Elliott? 

I believe we have a better first team and squad than Blackpool. I will be majorly surprised if they finish above us.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I believe we have a better first team and squad than Blackpool. I will be majorly surprised if they finish above us.

I hope you're right 

No doubt we have a better squad, unfortunately that doesn't guarantee anything. They are in form , we haven't been and it would appear that they have a better manager 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope you're right 

No doubt we have a better squad, unfortunately that doesn't guarantee anything. They are in form , we haven't been and it would appear that they have a better manager 

I agree about the manager. Last seasons form, in a lower division is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I agree about the manager. Last seasons form, in a lower division is irrelevant. 

Momentum is momentum. The winning feeling. Under Mowbray we have bad habits that have been festering for a good while now. 

Don't be too surprised if they are ahead of us after say 10 games. It's very possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Momentum is momentum. The winning feeling. Under Mowbray we have bad habits that have been festering for a good while now. 

Don't be too surprised if they are ahead of us after say 10 games. It's very possible. 

Working on that theory Sheff Utd will plummet through the Championship

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Working on that theory Sheff Utd will plummet through the Championship

Clearly it doesn't always go that way, but there are also situations where it does happen. Also where teams go back to back for promotions.

With a better manager and that winning feeling, v us and our worst run of form in the English league, I just don't get how you would be surprised if they did better than us. In many ways, the writing is on the wall.  

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think it suits them down to the ground to tell people we are under restrictions even if we aren't. And yes I do think the stooges would go to those sort of lengths if it meant shielding the owners from blame and criticism when it goes belly up (which it will).

Not our fault you see. Its those nasty FFP rules (that everyone else has avoided). Venkys have done all they can.

I wonder if Sharpe is going to ask Waggott if he is going to resign after the training ground fiasco (costing the club how much?) and now potentially taking us back into an embargo after the 'slow build' was designed to avoid this position. 

His management- surely there should be consequences when it fails?

But no it will be more shoulder shrugging and excuse making.

Con men the lot of em

Spot on.

The Club have clearly been aware all along what we needed to do to avoid going into embargo and has previously stated they had either complied with any filing requirements or would do so before any given deadlines.

So it would look very fishy if we end up in embargo again for failure to file our accounts on time. 

• Like 1

Just on Armstrong, I may be in a minority but I don't think it's worth letting him go for much less than £20m if it's true that New castle have a quite ridiculous 40% sell on clause. If we sold him for £10m the Club would only see £6m of it - might as well keep him for the season.

Wonder who agreed to a ludicrous clause like that (as if I need to ask). It's like with the loanees, as if we've still been developing someone else's player for them even though to all intents and purposes we signed him permanently!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure how bothered he would be. Mo money, mo problems for Mowbray. Although from his comments anything above relegation next season would be seen as a positive. That's the ambition of the club right now. Tried aiming for promotion, didn't like the pressure. 

Didn't have any pressure as far as i can see he just got what he asked for and experimented with it. It didn't work, they've chosen to accept his 55 excuses why not and not attach any responsibility to him.

Him and Swag have now sold them yet another plan, another transition  (downgrade) and are getting the time and clearance to carry on.  Iv'e always said he's on an absolute blinding number here and he knows it.

I just can't understand those who still buy into it all.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Just on Armstrong, I may be in a minority but I don't think it's worth letting him go for much less than £20m if it's true that New castle have a quite ridiculous 40% sell on clause. If we sold him for £10m the Club would only see £6m of it - might as well keep him for the season.

Wonder who agreed to a ludicrous clause like that (as if I need to ask). It's like with the loanees, as if we've still been developing someone else's player for them even though to all intents and purposes we signed him permanently!

40% of future profit over and above the original fee i believe it is.

The real balls up here is not getting an improved deal in front of him last summer.

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Clearly it doesn't always go that way, but there are also situations where it does happen. Also where teams go back to back for promotions.

With a better manager and that winning feeling, v us and our worst run of form in the English league, I just don't get how you would be surprised if they did better than us. In many ways, the writing is on the wall.  

Because as I have already stated, I think we have a better squad than Blackpool, therefore I will be surprised if they finish above us.

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just another balls up in a monumental long list of balls ups.

I genuinely think we're going down next season.

Don't think anyone is getting a points deduction to bail us out either (Derby??)

Relegation battle is inevitable at the moment and if we can only sign free transfers or loans we will very likely be going down because having Mowbray as manager is starting us off with a severe handicap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

40% of future profit over and above the original fee i believe it is.

The real balls up here is not getting an improved deal in front of him last summer.

It depends on the terms of the contract - at the moment, unless he submits a transfer request we only need to pay him a loyalty payment negotiated from his current wage for 1 year. If he had signed a 20K a week 5 year deal AND there was a 40% sell on clause we would have some huge payments to make if we sold him.