BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm very much suspecting that when the Financial Unfair Play decisions are made we are going to be in an embargo.

Why do you think this?

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He is potentially a top player but managed by a goon

I have my doubts. His entire career has been the same, inconsistent. If anything the goon gave him his big break. 

Good in about 1 every 6/7 games and in those games ,he's good for about 20 minutes. That's the reality. 

Not disagreeing Mowbray has in some ways impeded him though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, mustard said:

You were right about the loyalty bonus, but incorrect about a departing player being owed his full wages up to the end of his contract.

They’re the same thing - they never get their full wages, that’s being paid off - which only ever happens when wages are higher than a transfer fee, eg Ozil. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have my doubts. His entire career has been the same, inconsistent. If anything the goon gave him his big break. 

Not disagreeing Mowbray has in some ways impeded him though. 

You watched him at Oxford then?  

Here he has been inconsistent but my view is he can progress into a top championship/lower prem player, with the correct manager and development. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Here he has been inconsistent but my view is he can progress into a top championship/lower prem player, with the correct manager and development. 

Rothwell's 26 or thereabouts. He's is in prime. He's not going to get any better. What you see now is what you get. 

Good player on occasions and I'd keep him for now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Rothwell's 26 or thereabouts. He's is in prime. He's not going to get any better. What you see now is what you get. 

Good player on occasions and I'd keep him for now

I think his consistency can improve if he is given a position to suit him and is played there for a good run.  Mowbray has wasted the lad

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think his consistency can improve if he is given a position to suit him and is played there for a good run.  Mowbray has wasted the lad

Agreed, how many square pegs has he tried to hammer into round holes. It’s as obvious as the hole in your arse that players give their best in their favoured position. He should be called tickerman!!!

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think his best position is part of a midfield 3 - which is the formation we played last season. Rothwell looks like a Rolls Royce when running with the ball - and I struggle to think of many better players doing that in his position. BUT - there is rarely an end product and his normal passing is very hit and miss. I keep waiting for him to show consistency - and I don't think you can just blame Mowbray for that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Did you watch him at Oxford? His stats are below mediocre and he ended up here for what was it, €150,000? 

Ok. Like Mols so. 

He has talent, but his inconsistencies are on him at this stage of his career. 

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Why do you think this?

The general vibe I get. And the losses we have been posting. The way we seem to be leaving it very late (as far as what I've seen reported says anyway) to submit the final clarification over our accounts,  and the league needing clarification over them. Which to me suggests we may have been trying some 'creative accounting' to avoid an embargo (yes I know some will say we want an embargo but I don't buy it).

I could be wrong of course, it's just a general impression/expectation. We will see. Or we might indeed be doing creative accounting and it actually work. But the EFL seem to take a very dim view of that kind of thing these days.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have been furious if he had signed up for another year only, on a vastly reduced wage and only to be used as backup, in his actual position unless a dire emergency. Since I doubt any of those things would have been the case, this has to be considered good news.

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Glad hes gone, cant doubt his effort or character but hes been well below the standard for 3 years. The inevitable outpouring of appreciation will be and is a little over the top. Good luck though.

This amateur journalist sees him as a potential right centre back!

Screenshot_20210617-152357_Twitter.jpg

That bloke is a moron. Was downplaying Arma's season/ability big time the other day.

• Like 2

Good move for Bennett and we can be thankful it hasn't dragged on all summer.

Best of luck to him served us well for a few years but was another in serious danger of overstaying his welcome.

Mowbray will be on life support before long with all his mates departing. 

• Like 3