BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray: '' this club have invested a lot of money on different systems, data-driven systems that cost quite a lot of money that spill out the names of the footballers who spit out the names of the players we want to play''

I suspect that all of this new technology and new systems are going over his head and he hasn't got a clue how they really work. That quote reads like waffle to me where he is pretending he gets it.

Why can't we keep things simple? It feels like the more clever and smart we try to be, the worse we actually get on the pitch. Nothing beats seeing a player for yourself out on the pitch, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Barnsley have only had 6 good months , what has that to do with his 4 years.? Full of shit

Anyone who actually believes a word they say is clearly lacking in intelligence. They all contradict themselves every time they talk. What was the point of all the money being spent on recruitment, data analysis etc, if it all gets ignored?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I suspect that all of this new technology and new systems are going over his head and he hasn't got a clue how they really work. That quote reads like waffle to me where he is pretending he gets it.

Why can't we keep things simple? It feels like the more clever and smart we try to be, the worse we actually get on the pitch. Nothing beats seeing a player for yourself out on the pitch, but maybe that's just me.

I think he's far to into it all and that's the problem iv'e always looked at him as a bit of a dinosaur trying to be too modern.

For me that's where his caught in two minds methods come from, instinct versus stats sheets. The result is what we witness from game to game.

Some stats are a good thing but trying to totally run the club off them aren't.  If a player has a shit week in training and doesn't do his numbers it seems they dropped these days.

Some of the best players we've had have allegedly been some of the worst trainers. It's all about blend and balance on a matchday.  We don't really see that we see a guy turning out his side based on his obsession with the opposition reports. He's been at it again about this game for possibly the weakest side in the div.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eugh. He's not going anywhere, is he? 

Sounds like Bowyer towards the end of his second season knowing he failed his season target. Talking about recruitment and given the under 23's a chance. 

We see at the end of the season 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like Bowyer towards the end of his second season knowing he failed his season target. Talking about recruitment and given the under 23's a chance. 

We see at the end of the season 

I don't think Mowbray sounds like a man who knows he is gone. 

Logically they should make the change now to give a manager time. If they made the decision to pot him, why wait? 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think Mowbray sounds like a man who knows he is gone. 

Logically they should make the change now to give a manager time. If they made the decision to pot him, why wait? 

Neither did Bowyer. 

Mowbray is talking about recruitment and budget for next season. For me, he is trying to keep him his job by communicating with the owners via the media. He has already admitted he doesnt speak directly to the owners but via Pasha. 

Logically the right time to change manager or sack Mowbray and appoint an caretaker manager was during the international break. Didnt happen

There's nothing logical about Venky's.  I expect he'll get the can at some random point or if he is to be potted towards the end of the season.  If he doesn't start getting some results, then even the Vs cannot ignore the fact his performance is beyond crap at present.  1 in 12 gets you canned at 91 clubs in England, except rovers it seems.......

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Neither did Bowyer. 

Mowbray is talking about recruitment and budget for next season. For me, he is trying to keep him his job by communicating with the owners via the media. He has already admitted he doesnt speak directly to the owners but via Pasha. 

Logically the right time to change manager or sack Mowbray and appoint an caretaker manager was during the international break. Didnt happen

Ya, cos nobody knows what they are planning or when they will pull the trigger. There is no logic to it. He could just as likely be here next season game one, as not. 

Would be great if they were waiting to see if Barnsley go up before approaching their manager, but they more than likely have no idea what a Barnsley even is.

I think they will do the worst possible thing and keep him until October or November next season, writing off another one to the scrap heap. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

With this current squad minus Armstrong and Dack, unless we have a brilliant summer which never is the case, and of course worsened if Mowbray is still here, which I suspect he will be, weve a real dogfight on our hands next season. Play offs my arse.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, cos nobody knows what they are planning or when they will pull the trigger. There is no logic to it. He could just as likely be here next season game one, as not. 

Would be great if they were waiting to see if Barnsley go up before approaching their manager, but they more than likely have no idea what a Barnsley even is.

I think they will do the worst possible thing and keep him until October or November next season, writing off another one to the scrap heap. 

What do you mean nobody knows what they are planning? in terms of recruitment departments have lists of targets? 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

With this current squad minus Armstrong and Dack, unless we have a brilliant summer which never is the case, and of course worsened if Mowbray is still here, which I suspect he will be, weve a real dogfight on our hands next season. Play offs my arse.

plenty of good players whether its out of contracts players or players who would cost low fees, etc. 

Down to the managers to chose the right targets after the recruitment department do they job!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What do you mean nobody knows what they are planning? in terms of recruitment departments have lists of targets? 

plenty of good players whether its out of contracts players or players who would cost low fees, etc. 

Down to the managers to chose the right targets after the recruitment department do they job!

I mean nobody has any idea what they are thinking or planning re the manager. You can add recruitment because they don't even have a head of that currently and half the squad are out of contract. It's a shambles. 

Already at a disadvantage. Thems the facts. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So much so, the head of that department has resigned to go to that well run club Sunderland?......you're a strange one chaddy.

You don't support Mowbray anymore but the ones keeping him in a job, you seem to defend.....🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I mean nobody has any idea what they are thinking or planning re the manager. You can add recruitment because they don't even have a head of that currently and half the squad are out of contract. It's a shambles. 

Already at a disadvantage. Thems the facts. 

who the owners are thinking? 

IMO, The recruitment department should have done all the scouting and data analysis by now. Will have compiled different lists for different positions down to cost and rating. Down to the manager to selected the players we should be chasing and offering contracts to. 

On our players out of contracts. Would you offer new contracts to any of them apart from Nyambe and Rankin-Costello? I wouldn't. Let them all go and replace them. 

Here are some players a manager could target that would improve us and bring experience

Jack Hunt, right back from Bristol City. Out of contract this summer

Sonny Bradley, centre back from Luton. Out of contract this summer

Ben Thompson, a centre midfield from Millwall. Out of contract this summer

John Lundstram, a centre midfield from Sheffield United. Out of contract this summer. 

Adam Reach, a left winger from Sheffield Wednesday. Out of contract this summer

Ashley Fletcher, a striker from Boro. Out of contract this summer

Jordan Hugill, a striker from Norwich. Not playing there. Possible loan option depending on a number of factors. 

I'm sure there is plenty of other options out there any manager whether its Premier League loan options, overseas options or players from league 1 or 2 with talent and ability to play Championship football. Plus bringing through our talent academy players like Dan Pike, Sam Burns, Conor McBride, Isaac Whitehall, Hayden Carter. 

22 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think he saw this

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was about the current squad, I feel like it is shoddy and massively overrated even now. If he played here instead, if he got a run of games, if he had better coaching, just a lot of players that arent very good and have done precious little in their careers. Not much in that 20 man squad today to build around, to be excited about..

I dont doubt that there are good players out there, although I dont share your optimism especially based on what we have seen to date that we have organised lists of players for various positions ready for us to hit the button on. Even if we have a good summer, I suspect we will be looking downwards rather than towards the top 6 this summer, especially if/when Mowbray remains.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

who the owners are thinking? 

IMO, The recruitment department should have done all the scouting and data analysis by now. Will have compiled different lists for different positions down to cost and rating. Down to the manager to selected the players we should be chasing and offering contracts to

On our players out of contracts. Would you offer new contracts to any of them apart from Nyambe and Rankin-Costello? I wouldn't. Let them all go and replace them. 

Here are some players a manager could target that would improve us and bring experience

Jack Hunt, right back from Bristol City. Out of contract this summer

Sonny Bradley, centre back from Luton. Out of contract this summer

Ben Thompson, a centre midfield from Millwall. Out of contract this summer

John Lundstram, a centre midfield from Sheffield United. Out of contract this summer. 

Adam Reach, a left winger from Sheffield Wednesday. Out of contract this summer

Ashley Fletcher, a striker from Boro. Out of contract this summer

Jordan Hugill, a striker from Norwich. Not playing there. Possible loan option depending on a number of factors. 

I'm sure there is plenty of other options out there any manager whether its Premier League loan options, overseas options or players from league 1 or 2 with talent and ability to play Championship football. Plus bringing through our talent academy players like Dan Pike, Sam Burns, Conor McBride, Isaac Whitehall, Hayden Carter. 

Do you honestly belive the part in bold? Anyway, even if they are looking at players. Why would it be for a manager who won't be here? Why is he even talking about transfers? 1 win in 13 and none of us would be surprised if he is still here game one next season. It's a shambles. 

On the recruitment piece. Kaminski was good, but apart from that last summer was awfully poor. Now the head of the department is gone. We have a lame duck manager and half the squad are out of contract. This could get very bad and go wrong very quickly. It could be Coyle all over again. 

Of the potential players you mention, I don't know anything about the first 3. Lundstram is surely out of our wage structure. Reach is useless, the odd screamer, that's it. Fletcher, absolutely useless, worse than Gallagher. Hugill,probably out of our price range, not a Mowbray type striker and for all we know he will still be managing the team next season. 

There is a huge amount to be done. We have no head of recruitment and a manager the fans dont want and it seems neither do the players. 

I don't share your optimism currently. In my opinion things are more likely to go badly from here. Nothing in Venkys reign to date would suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was about the current squad, I feel like it is shoddy and massively overrated even now. If he played here instead, if he got a run of games, if he had better coaching, just a lot of players that arent very good and have done precious little in their careers. Not much in that 20 man squad today to build around, to be excited about..

Well this is Mowbray squad and the squad he has build with the financially backing in terms of wages and transfer fees paid. 

His squad doesnt fit his philosophy. Misused of Gallagher every game. 

I would build my team around Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dolan, Rankin-Costello Travis and Buckley. Plus Pickering 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont doubt that there are good players out there, although I dont share your optimism especially based on what we have seen to date that we have organised lists of players for various positions ready for us to hit the button on. Even if we have a good summer, I suspect we will be looking downwards rather than towards the top 6 this summer..

They will organised lists of players for various positions. We have spent money on this recruitment department having all the latest tools and data analysis..plus scouting tools like Wyscout. 

Plus if the manager overruled the recruitment department and goes for different players what can they do? Look at @philipost on the 25th January. Tell you the problem. 

All down to who the manager/head coach is next summer

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well this is Mowbray squad and the squad he has build with the financially backing in terms of wages and transfer fees paid. 

His squad doesnt fit his philosophy. Misused of Gallagher every game. 

I would build my team around Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dolan, Rankin-Costello Travis and Buckley. Plus Pickering 

They will organised lists of players for various positions. We have spent money on this recruitment department having all the latest tools and data analysis..plus scouting tools like Wyscout. 

Plus if the manager overruled the recruitment department and goes for different players what can they do? Look at @philipost on the 25th January. Tell you the problem. 

All down to who the manager/head coach is next summer

Rankin Costello is made of glass and soon to be out of contract, Nyambe is out of contract and seems destined to leave, Buckley and Dolan have not really done anything certainly to be "built around" and Pickering hasnt kicked a ball here yet.

I dont really understand why you seem to think that the club is fine aside from the management, as if the owners are interested, that Pasha has the authority and competence to sack Mowbray, that the scouting network is running to perfection.

• Like 1