BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

9 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Simple, get what every cash we can and move on. I thought I’d made it simple enough. What do you expect the club to do?

Your previous post mentioned 10k, and a replacement already being in an operational budget. Far from simple to understand. 

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

Your previous post mentioned 10k, and a replacement already being in an operational budget. Far from simple to understand. 

All businesses have budgets it’s called an annual plan. It’s not rocket science, they know how much they can spend and I’m sure they will have options to Nyambi

9 hours ago, JohnGo said:

All businesses have budgets it’s called an annual plan. It’s not rocket science, they know how much they can spend and I’m sure they will have options to Nyambi

Brfc is not a normal business. Any normal club would have plans. Rovers don't. They do sell first, think later

19 hours ago, rigger said:

How much are you expecting for Nyambe, who do you think would bid for him? For a non-productive championship player I would guess about 2/3 million. Nobody will bid for him.

2 million pounds with 20% sell on clause I would accept this summer. 

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sounds good. But do you really, seriously, think that we would be able to use proceeds from a sale to sign a decent replacement AND have change left?

Read between the lines here. They're setting us up for sales and cutbacks. We've offloaded tens of thousands from the wages already, and the sum total of our business this summer has been contract extensions for Wharton and JRC who will have both been on small wages.

Even if they were to sell Nyambe, get reasonable cash for him AND agree to Mowbray spending the money - do you seriously have faith in this lot to go and find a competent replacement?

Yes. We have been linked Stephen O'Donnell who I think would be good signing for us. and someone I suggested a couple of seasons ago as a signing for us

You keep enjoying reading the lines in you want. Yes I expect a few sales but then I expect the money to be used for signings. You seem links with O'Donnell, Yates and Healey who the past week. 

More than happy with the contracts we have extend so far especially the JRC and Wharton plus some of our up and coming players as bringing through academy players regular is what we need to keep doing as a club. Would love Armstrong to sign a new contract but he leaving I guess this summer. Recruiting a good replacement for him is essential this summer.  

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 million pounds with 20% sell on clause I would accept this summer. 

Yes. We have been linked Stephen O'Donnell who I think would be good signing for us. and someone I suggested a couple of seasons ago as a signing for us

You keep enjoying reading the lines in you want. Yes I expect a few sales but then I expect the money to be used for signings. You seem links with O'Donnell, Yates and Healey who the past week. 

More than happy with the contracts we have extend so far especially the JRC and Wharton plus some of our up and coming players as bringing through academy players regular is what we need to keep doing as a club. Would love Armstrong to sign a new contract but he leaving I guess this summer. Recruiting a good replacement for him is essential this summer.  

To be honest I'd never heard of any of those players until someone decided to 'link' Yates with a move here.

As others have said I very much doubt we will be offering the money needed to tempt Blackpool to sell especially now they are a better run club than we are.

Why do we need to bring through more academy players? Not much point IMO if we are just allowing their contracts to run down.

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

What’s your evidence? Or is it just your opinion.

If you haven't seen the evidence since the day the Rao family took over Rovers, I despair. When have they ever shown any evidence of forward planning on football matters. Player after player has left without a planned replacement. 

• Like 7

I'm not sure Rovers have ever been good at planned replacements. Too many demands on whatever rolls into the bank account.

Some other clubs seem to sell a player for 10/15 million then give their manager a big wad part of it to replace the outgoing player. Not here there's either nothing or a couple of million to spread around the squad.

Then again though a lot of it depends on the manager, i mean we got 15 million for Shearer. Jack gave Woy half of it when he arrived which is a fair enough deal and he gave us Kevin bloody Davis !

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

To be honest I'd never heard of any of those players until someone decided to 'link' Yates with a move here.

Very surprise to hear that given you enjoyed looking at other clubs and their websites. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why do we need to bring through more academy players? Not much point IMO if we are just allowing their contracts to run down.

That's the job of a academy. To bring through quality young players like we have like Lenihan, Travis, JRC, Wharton, Buckley..

It's one player in Nyambe that's won't a new contract so if he wont sell him and sign a replacement for him. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Then again though a lot of it depends on the manager, i mean we got 15 million for Shearer. Jack gave Woy half of it when he arrived which is a fair enough deal and he gave us Kevin bloody Davis !

Didnt we sign Kevin Davies the season(97-98) after Shearer left in 96. Didnt we sign Martin Dahlin in the 96-97 season? 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt we sign Kevin Davies the season(97-98) after Shearer left in 96. Didnt we sign Martin Dahlin in the 96-97 season? 

You are correct. Dahlin and Per Pedersen was brought in as replacements. Dahlin was a very decent striker in his prime, but came with a back injury and was forced to retire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We still needed a Shearer replacement but didn't get one until Hodgson splashed the powder that had been kept dry.

Dahlin was a crock when he signed.

1 hour ago, briansol said:

You are correct. Dahlin and Per Pedersen was brought in as replacements. Dahlin was a very decent striker in his prime, but came with a back injury and was forced to retire. 

Neither were brought in as direct replacements for Shearer.

Pedersen was a desperation signing by Parkes wasn't he.