BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

So, with all things considered, what bid would you all accept for Brereton if a bid came in tomorrow?

So, before the Armstrong saga is resolved but still knowing he will likely leave too. And not knowing if we will be in embargo, nor whether selling someone in the next few days could prevent one.

Snap your hand off for 5 million for Big Ben. I think the Leeds talk is rubbish though he’s nowhere near good enough or ready to play in the prem yet.

3 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

If they run their core business in India the same way that they run Rovers, I can only conclude that it must be very easy to do business in India.

Probably is when they've somewhat cornered their market and virtually control it on several fronts.

That's why they think they are always right and paying 15 million a year to cover mistakes will solve everything. 

5 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

So now we have the possibility of Brereton and Armstrong leaving. That means Gallagher and potentially Yates up front. 
Not feeling it.
My maths tells me we are one short. 

Mcbride, or Burns.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets be honest, mid table Premier League side Leeds are not going to buy Ben Brereton. 

But if someone can kid our owners that they might the lad might be put on 25k pwk for the next 4 years !

The timing of all this hasn’t really benefitted Rovers. It would’ve been madness to offer him a new contract this time last year. Even 6 weeks ago there’d have been a decent enough argument not to offer him one this year considering his form over three seasons and our current financial position. We’d have likely been in a position where we only offered him a year extension on the same money due to the fact we’ve already invested in him so heavily.

Now he’s become a hot commodity completely out of nowhere and he holds all the cards. If a bid comes in from a top flight club, or even a second tier club that harbours genuine promotion ambition, he will likely fancy it. Playing in the Copa America probably also increases the number of potential suitors dramatically. A Spanish team may fancy a punt. If we turned down any moves he isn’t going to sign a new deal, and would be hacked off. If there is no concrete interest he might fancy his chances of a decent Bosman move in 12 months. If there is no interest now, there probably will be if he has a decent season next year. If he is crap next year, he might stay.

Not sure I believe the Leeds link, but you can bet his agent will be busy. If we could get near what we paid for him I think it would present a huge piece of good fortune for us. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

So, with all things considered, what bid would you all accept for Brereton if a bid came in tomorrow?

Difficult one - if we had a new manager in place who would be given that money to spend on improving the team I'd take the money without hesitation, assuming it was at least £5m.

With TM in charge, though... I don't think it'd make a blind bit of difference whether he was given the money or not. It'd be in a drop in the ocean as far as our debts are concerned and if TM was given any of it I wouldn't trust him to use it to improve the team. 

So, I guess as long as TM is here the question is met largely with a shrug from me. We're screwed either way with the current dimwit in the dugout and our absent owners continuing to not give a shit about the club beyond the absolute basics of keeping the lights on.

• Like 3

Accounts submitted. Further embargo avoided. The something of nothing issue can remain so. I fear that the window will still be a slow and difficult one, but at least that’s out of the way.

42 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Accounts submitted. Further embargo avoided. The something of nothing issue can remain so. I fear that the window will still be a slow and difficult one, but at least that’s out of the way.

Well let's hope the EFL accept them unlike Derby. The daily record report of the EFL blocking a new contract for a third / fourth choice keeper if it is to be believed is a far more severe embargo than what Bowyer was subjected to.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Good news if true.

Have we had definite confirmation from the Authorities that what has been submitted is acceptable for their purposes?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Submitted to Companies House - no relevance to any possible FFP embargo. EFL have been reviewing the figures for a while - it's their opinion that matters. 

Edited by Crimpshrine

The word a while ago was the EFL had the clubs projections for the near future and needed assurances on one or two things.

Hopefully thats been boxed off now i suppose the clues will be in the details of the accounts.

There will be nothing new in the 19/20 accounts which we don't already know, as we can already see the VLL accounts.

Losses have been 16.8, 18.2 and this time circa 20 million. £55 million is slightly more than the £39 million allowed.

Just being assholes posting last minute but then saying they won't be public for a while. Total contempt for supporters.

The embargo all hinges on the Profit and Sustainability projections they also had to submit to the EFL. This covers the current year 20/21 to June 30th.

Losses for the 4 years can total £52 million so a nice £20 million windfall in the next week is the difference between embargo and no embargo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

But if someone can kid our owners that they might the lad might be put on 25k pwk for the next 4 years !

Yeah, don't think it's a coincidence that BB has become the subject of transfer speculation at the exact same time as Rovers have initiated contract talks with him.

Or maybe I'm cynical and a Prem team really is in for him...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neophox said:

If we sell Brereton and Armstrong all we can hope for is a relegation fight. I think its Madness.. we Will never replace them.

We may well be in one even if we keep them, under this regime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neophox said:

If we sell Brereton and Armstrong all we can hope for is a relegation fight. I think its Madness.. we Will never replace them.

chances are we`ll be in the lower half of the table with these two here anyway so we might as well cash in,can`t see us going down because there will be four or five sides that will be even worse than us,tony probably sees it that way as well and will be content to see out another blank season

i can tell you with a depressive,haunted,dreadful feeling that if we do sell ben and armstrong,mowbray will sign the yates from blackpool,play dolan through the middle and have gallagher and the lad from blackpool(yates)out wide😢,it would be so tony!!!

Blackpool have signed an Everton player on a free called Josh Bowler. Everton got him when he was young for about £1.5m. He's an AM who can play on the wing. Would have been perfect for us as he's looks a good player and he's early 20's so would be the perfect age to develop. 

It's a worry if the embargo is preventing us making signings. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Blackpool have signed an Everton player on a free called Josh Bowler. Everton got him when he was young for about £1.5m. He's an AM who can play on the wing. Would have been perfect for us as he's looks a good player and he's early 20's so would be the perfect age to develop. 

It maybe a blessing in disguise, if it is preventing us making poor signings. Not that I am saying the Blackpool signing is a poor one.

Edited by rigger

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I remember seeing him play against us for Hull when on loan there and thought he was pretty good. On a free that's a good signing for Blackpool. Plus, that 1.5 was the initial fee rising to 4.5m with add-ons. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Looking at the Blackpool signing another thing struck me in regards to our manager. Many would have us believe he invented these kind of loan deals and only him being here makes them happen at Rovers.

More absolute hogwash this div is littered with them. Preston had a Liverpool defender last season who claimed their right back spot. Impressive enough for both club and player that they've got him back again.

Fair enough Elliot turned out a bit special but he grabbed more headlines because he's English.  

There are deals out there to be done for any club though you don't need a midtable Middlesbrough Messiah just to pull it off.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Looking at the Blackpool signing another thing struck me in regards to our manager. Many would have us believe he invented these kind of loan deals and only him being here makes them happen at Rovers.

More absolute hogwash this div is littered with them. Preston had a Liverpool defender last season who claimed their right back spot. Impressive enough for both club and player that they've got him back again.

Fair enough Elliot turned out a bit special but he grabbed more headlines because he's English.  

There are deals out there to be done for any club though you don't need a midtable Middlesbrough Messiah just to pull it off.

Spot on. Truth be told these clubs - United, Liverpool, City, Everton - are looking for one thing for their promising youngsters and that's regular game time at a decent level of football to aid their development and give them what they won't get playing for their u23s every week. They aren't going to feature in their first team squads nor any other PL clubs so the next best thing is minutes in the rough and tumble of the Championship - ultra competitive and almost a PL 2 these days.

You don't need to be well connected or have particular principles to benefit from this - just indicate an agreement to ensure these players aren't wasted and do get regular game time, and don't burn your bridges by taking a kid and then never playing them.

Some Championship clubs won't be willing or able to make that commitment because they use loans to fill gaps or add depth and see these kids as people to add competition or fill in for injuries, but at good old Rovers we see the loan market as a cheap and convenient way to build a squad for the season - regularly having no alternative options in key positions such as CB.

These managers like Guardiola and Klopp will see that and see we need these lads and of course will be happy to send them here - just up the road - and cover nearly all their wages in doing so. It isn't a financial exercise for them and they don't care about the money - it is all about player development. At Rovers it is a financial exercise because it avoids the need to issue contracts or pay transfer/signing on fees.

It would be the same anywhere else if they were offering to use these players every week.

We do benefit from location to some degree but so do others.

But Mowbray seems to treat this as some sort of feather in his cap that he has special contacts and connections when really it isn't the case.

• Like 5

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just look at Hughesy. Loaned Bentley initially from Arsenal.

• Like 3