BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, neophox said:

So the business is on at Rovers....anything to happen this week? Players back in training.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully by end of next week we have a signing in or two. But we don't need a load of signings for me. A centre back, back up left back, defensive midfielder and left side winger/forward. With possibly replacements for Armstrong or Nyambe if either are sold. Do we need much more? not for me. Mowbray has been back financially in terms of signings, transfer fees and wages.  

Dont hold your breath, we are under an embargo. Even if it has gone by the end of the week, do you really think that Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray between them are pro-active enough to have deals lined up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont hold your breath, we are under an embargo. Even if it has gone by the end of the week, do you really think that Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray between them are pro-active enough to have deals lined up?

Mowbray has his targets list already so what's stopping them? No excuses

Accounts in and registering ban will be lift by end of the week so cant have any excuses not to get a couple of signings in before start of the season. But they must be quality signings not squad players which we dont need

On 27/06/2021 at 11:55, JWUpper said:

Would take anything the LT says with a pinch of salt, and can’t see why my mate would make it up out of the blue.

Fingers crossed he is ahead of schedule though and takes away a headache for Tony!

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-scott-wharton-return-20919027

Lancs Live running with it now too, so fingers crossed for him!

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has his targets list already so what's stopping them? No excuses

Accounts in and registering ban will be lift by end of the week so cant have any excuses not to get a couple of signings in before start of the season. But they must be quality signings not squad players which we dont need

I suppose that being in an embargo and being literally unable to register players is somewhat of a decent excuse!

Although I wouldn't fret, our signings will be late and predominantly shite as they have been for numerous summers.

I thought you wanted us to sign a "back up left back" ie a squad player?

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose that being in an embargo and being literally unable to register players is somewhat of a decent excuse!

Although I wouldn't fret, our signings will be late and predominantly shite as they have been for numerous summers.

I thought you wanted us to sign a "back up left back" ie a squad player?

I would like us to sign another quality left-back, then they could challenge each other to prove who has the shirt and who is the squad player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I would like us to sign another quality left-back, then they could challenge each other to prove who has the shirt and who is the squad player.

100%. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt very good!

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

100%. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt very good!

He can't be any worse than Douglas and Bell anyway.

We paid a transfer fee for him , with the noises coming out of the club it sounds like he will be our only cash buy unless we bring money in from sales.He will presumably start season as first choice.Hard to bring in a loan who will be happy to play back up, and if we do have any funds for cash buys then it should be spent on trying to improve the first 11 not spent on squad fillers, we have an academy for that.

35 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Exciting times when our 5th choice goalkeeper signing a new deal and moving out on loan is the only newsworthy business to report isn't it...

Presume that means our embargo has been lifted then? That was given as the reason holding up this move the other day.

• Like 1

Its not good for anybodys blood pressure getting worked up about if we're going to be in an embargo or not or if we will have any money to sign players or wondering everyday if Arma will still be here in September,better to just wait until the end of the transfer window,see what the squad looks like,then it's time to get worked up or not 😀

It was the same last summer then by the end of the window most were pleased. Squad was the strongest it had been for years but it didn't deliver though did it.

There are bigger issues further up the chain.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

League one striker linked

Scored bucket loads at League Two level, good enough to step-up?  Who knows, but he's a freebie so someone will find out for sure. 

Would take Mullin. He’s an out an out striker more so than anyone we have here besides Armstrong. He’d be the closest thing to a Graham replacement we’ve truly seen. Would come cheap and hungry for game time. Nowhere near past it and plenty have proven that you can step up from lower level and keep scoring. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt

Pickering would be good signing for given what I've seen and watch of him. Shame we didnt sign him last summer instead of Douglas

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Presume that means our embargo has been lifted then? That was given as the reason holding up this move the other day.

Yes it looks that way. So now we can make some quality signings. 

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We appear to be scraping the barrel with potential replacements for Armstrong.  I can't muster any enthusiasm for the coming season.

Aye, people are seriously considering a league 2 journeyman to play with our league 1 defenders.....only one way we are heading.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it looks that way. So now we can make some quality signings. 

Well we might be able to if Mowbray didn't have the final say and Venus wasn't the one responsible for trying to get the actual deals over the line.

• Like 1