Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't we signed Ayala last summer on a permanent contract?

Wharton is close to return to training

Wharton: I'm in a good place | rovers.co.uk

We have Pike so let him challenge him and is Nyambe staying beyond this season? cos he isn;t surely we have sell him and bring in a first choice right back

doesn't I say a back up left back was needed?

With Travis, Buckley, Rothwell, Johnson and Davenport already there as Centre midfielders and we played 3 man midfield than surely only 1 is needed. Then use the under 23's players to back that up

On the right winger, we have Dolan, JRC or Brereton who can play there so I think Left footed left winger would be better suited for us

 

That's weaker than last year. We definitely need another CM. If Travis and /or Johnson get injured that's a very fragile and light weight midfield 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, neophox said:

So the business is on at Rovers....anything to happen this week? Players back in training.

 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully by end of next week we have a signing in or two. But we don't need a load of signings for me. A centre back, back up left back, defensive midfielder and left side winger/forward. With possibly replacements for Armstrong or Nyambe if either are sold. Do we need much more? not for me. Mowbray has been back financially in terms of signings, transfer fees and wages.  

Dont hold your breath, we are under an embargo. Even if it has gone by the end of the week, do you really think that Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray between them are pro-active enough to have deals lined up?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rovers have an interest in Kean Bryan, who's linked with a West Brom move at the moment.

Where is this from? We can't even register players at the moment so I suspect that West Brom may be a slightly more attractive prospect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

 

Dont hold your breath, we are under an embargo. Even if it has gone by the end of the week, do you really think that Venkys, Waggott and Mowbray between them are pro-active enough to have deals lined up?

 

Mowbray has his targets list already so what's stopping them? No excuses

Accounts in and registering ban will be lift by end of the week so cant have any excuses not to get a couple of signings in before start of the season. But they must be quality signings not squad players which we dont need

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Rovers have an interest in Kean Bryan, who's linked with a West Brom move at the moment.

I have an interest in Lamborghini's, but I don't own one ☹️

Sounds like Kipre MKII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/06/2021 at 11:55, JWUpper said:

Would take anything the LT says with a pinch of salt, and can’t see why my mate would make it up out of the blue.

Fingers crossed he is ahead of schedule though and takes away a headache for Tony!

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-scott-wharton-return-20919027
 

Lancs Live running with it now too, so fingers crossed for him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has his targets list already so what's stopping them? No excuses

Accounts in and registering ban will be lift by end of the week so cant have any excuses not to get a couple of signings in before start of the season. But they must be quality signings not squad players which we dont need

I suppose that being in an embargo and being literally unable to register players is somewhat of a decent excuse!

Although I wouldn't fret, our signings will be late and predominantly shite as they have been for numerous summers.

I thought you wanted us to sign a "back up left back" ie a squad player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose that being in an embargo and being literally unable to register players is somewhat of a decent excuse!

Although I wouldn't fret, our signings will be late and predominantly shite as they have been for numerous summers.

I thought you wanted us to sign a "back up left back" ie a squad player?

I would like us to sign another quality left-back, then they could challenge each other to prove who has the shirt and who is the squad player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I would like us to sign another quality left-back, then they could challenge each other to prove who has the shirt and who is the squad player.

100%. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt very good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

100%. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt very good!

He can't be any worse than Douglas and Bell anyway.

We paid a transfer fee for him , with the noises coming out of the club it sounds like he will be our only cash buy unless we bring money in from sales.He will presumably start season as first choice.Hard to bring in a loan who will be happy to play back up, and if we do have any funds for cash buys then it should be spent on trying to improve the first 11 not spent on squad fillers, we have an academy for that.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Exciting times when our 5th choice goalkeeper signing a new deal and moving out on loan is the only newsworthy business to report isn't it...

 

Presume that means our embargo has been lifted then? That was given as the reason holding up this move the other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its not good for anybodys blood pressure getting worked up about if we're going to be in an embargo or not or if we will have any money to sign players or wondering everyday if Arma will still be here in September,better to just wait until the end of the transfer window,see what the squad looks like,then it's time to get worked up or not 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was the same last summer then by the end of the window most were pleased. Squad was the strongest it had been for years but it didn't deliver though did it.

There are bigger issues further up the chain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Rovers have an interest in Kean Bryan, who's linked with a West Brom move at the moment.

Not another Kean! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

League one striker linked

Scored bucket loads at League Two level, good enough to step-up?  Who knows, but he's a freebie so someone will find out for sure. 

Would take Mullin. He’s an out an out striker more so than anyone we have here besides Armstrong. He’d be the closest thing to a Graham replacement we’ve truly seen. Would come cheap and hungry for game time. Nowhere near past it and plenty have proven that you can step up from lower level and keep scoring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

. Plus we have no idea if Pickering will be good enough to be first choice, it makes sense to not get someone who we know isnt

Pickering would be good signing for given what I've seen and watch of him. Shame we didnt sign him last summer instead of Douglas

4 hours ago, Russ said:

 

Presume that means our embargo has been lifted then? That was given as the reason holding up this move the other day.

Yes it looks that way. So now we can make some quality signings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We appear to be scraping the barrel with potential replacements for Armstrong.  I can't muster any enthusiasm for the coming season.

Aye, people are seriously considering a league 2 journeyman to play with our league 1 defenders.....only one way we are heading.

Edited by Sparks Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.