BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s because of Venky’s track record, they aren’t exactly the most trustworthy!

Yeah think we are all aware of that,but recent seasons they’ve improved, obviously not ideal but unfortunately we’re stuck with them and whatever people on here say and will never accept them, I don’t think there would be a queue to buy us if they decided to sell.

Just saying whatever the club do, certain fans jump in with their bizarre theories, where in fact no one has a clue, only them actually involved.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The 'conspiracies' came about because the club didn't have a clue if he had a one year extension or not. Not sure you can blame the good folk of BRFCS for that. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist?

I might be a few things, conspiracy theorist certainly ain’t one of them.

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah think we are all aware of that,but recent seasons they’ve improved, obviously not ideal but unfortunately we’re stuck with them and whatever people on here say and will never accept them, I don’t think there would be a queue to buy us if they decided to sell.

Just saying whatever the club do, certain fans jump in with their bizarre theories, where in fact no one has a clue, only them actually involved.

In what ways have they ‘improved’?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In what ways have they ‘improved’?

I suppose they have improved the debt.

Improved the chances of selling off the training ground?

Improved the possibility of relegation next year by not sacking Mowbray.

Improved TM's pension fund.

He has a point to be fair.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I suppose they have improved the debt.

Improved the chances of selling off the training ground?

Improved the possibility of relegation next year by not sacking Mowbray.

Improved TM's pension fund.

He has a point to be fair.

Improved our chances of going into administration----a lot!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

I’ve said things aren’t perfect, obviously,but the days from Kean, Shebby,Anderson new manager every few months etc it’s improved …….

You said ‘last few years’.

Obviously it isn’t as toxic as 2011 to 2013, but Christ that’s a low bar to gauge against.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Adam Reach being strongly linked again. Free transfer, low wages, ex Boro. Would put that in the very likely column. 

You sure on the low wages? Wednesday bought him 5 million 5 seasons ago and this is his second contract there I believe. I dont rate him anyway, he was good for a few seasons first at Boro and then for Wednesday but he is barely a started for Wednesday these days.

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Adam Reach being strongly linked again. Free transfer, low wages, ex Boro. Would put that in the very likely column. 

Wouldn't say his wages would be that low. I don't see why we need to mention that a player played for Boro at one point. I think it's pretty irrelevant. Plus if it's a good player he could be called Middles Boro and I wouldn't care 

It would be less daunting if it was a 2 year contract they might thrust in front of him rather than 3 or 4.

Anyway if he's an embargo signing he'll have to take 10k pwk or less. Again though we don't want to be doffing out long deals to these types to come here and kick back rather than kick on.

He's what 28 ? and sounds very much the average champ plodder capable of good/bad but mostly average.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

To be honest if i was a Rovers finance man i wouldn't let Mowbray near any other recent ex Boro boy with a contract.

Unfortunately with the way our club is set up the finance man probably works for Mowbray. 

• Like 2

Reach has always played well and stood out when I’ve watched him but it is concerning reading what the sheff Wednesday fans think of him who see him week in week out . Solid championship players and abit of experience wouldn’t be a bad signing if the contract length and wages were right. Nothing to get excited about but the bar is that low that I’d be happy with This one

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Reach has always played well and stood out when I’ve watched him but it is concerning reading what the sheff Wednesday fans think of him who see him week in week out . Solid championship players and abit of experience wouldn’t be a bad signing if the contract length and wages were right. Nothing to get excited about but the bar is that low that I’d be happy with This one

Just reeks of another player that a few years ago had the ambition and desire to make a top level career for himself. Probably had aims for the PL. It has never materialised and he is now just happy to plod along on decent Championship wages for the rest of his career. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately with the way our club is set up the finance man probably works for Mowbray. 

Odd that he didn't know the state of play with Chapman's contract seeing as

A) He's the all knowing Rovers oracle running everything.

B) His best pal and number 1 assistant is in fact according to him also the DOF who does the deals.

C) His CEO is also his pal.

21 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Whereas Leeds fans said Douglas was amazing. Never trust an opposition fan view. 

I find the opinions from fans who have seen players playing week in week out to be useful, of course taken with a pinch of salt, its never going to be an exact science regarding how they would do here, there could be various reasons, for example West Brom fans didn't rate Adarabioyo but that was playing in the wrong position.

I thought with Douglas that they liked him as a person as he barely played due to injury.

New Blackburn Rovers deal doesn't dampen transfer interest in winger | Lancashire Telegraph

Sounds like Rovers are trying to make sure they get money for him if they do sell this summer. No compo if he went to a club in Scotland. Looks like he still may be sold this summer. Or is it all a big conspiracy😉

Anyway, wise words from Chappers. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on with the right attitude. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

New Blackburn Rovers deal doesn't dampen transfer interest in winger | Lancashire Telegraph

Sounds like Rovers are trying to make sure they get money for him if they do sell this summer. No compo if he went to a club in Scotland. Looks like he still may be sold this summer. Or is it all a big conspiracy😉

Anyway, wise words from Chappers. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on with the right attitude. 

He also says he wasn’t fit and, when he did come on, wasn’t good enough. Call me old-fashioned, but those are two fairly reasonable reasons for not giving a player starts at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Reach looks and plays like a pub player

That's an incredibly harsh take. He had a poor year in 20/21 but he's got talent, more than some we have.

To be honest re. Reach I'd take him now. If nothing else because we are looking woefully short, particularly in the creativity department, and he has shown at two other clubs he has something in his locker.

Nothing to get excited about but right now I'm worried about relegation and so experience and some quality would be welcome.

I doubt there's much in it. Probably just people putting 2 and 2 together with the Boro connection and his agent trying to get him a deal at another Championship club and us dealing in the free agent aisle. He'll rock up somewhere like Birmingham or dare I say it PNE as they will gazump us by moving quickly.

• Like 5

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

He also says he wasn’t fit and, when he did come on, wasn’t good enough. Call me old-fashioned, but those are two fairly reasonable reasons for not giving a player starts at the time.

He's clearly been brainwashed by the mind-altering micro-chip imbedding programme they're running out of Brockhall. It's in the vaccine.