BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

22 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Have the clubs acounts been submitted yet or are we still under embargo?

Any talk of incoming transfers is just nauseating until that's completely settled. 

If you have read this nauseating thread you’d be aware of the situation. Go back over the 153 pages and you’ll find out

12 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

If you have read this nauseating thread you’d be aware of the situation. Go back over the 153 pages and you’ll find out

Not sure if you're joking or not but I'll give that a miss thanks! 😅

Id have thought there'd be an article of some kind about it in the LT if it had all been settled, but I've not seen anything so just assumed there's been no real change. 

Sorry if I'm wrong and sorry if I've upset you with my thoughts precious 🤗

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Not sure if you're joking or not but I'll give that a miss thanks! 😅

Id have thought there'd be an article of some kind about it in the LT if it had all been settled, but I've not seen anything so just assumed there's been no real change. 

Sorry if I'm wrong and sorry if I've upset you with my thoughts precious 🤗

Read the LT over the last week, accounts submitted to CH, delay processing due to COVID, should be EFL now. One sentence covers current status. My precious🧐

It's a complete system change if you buy a player like Wyke. He's a target man, a Kieffer Moore. He got 30 goals last year and a stupidly large amount of them are headers. Harry Pickering would have a field day playing with him, with his main asset being his crossing and chance creation, somebody like Adam Reach would probably play well with him too.

However... how well does the current system work with him up top? Signing a player like that means a complete shift in approach. You can't play Brereton, Rothwell, Dolan around a Wyke and play the same football we've played this season and succeed. 

He can't be an Armstrong replacement. If he came in it would HAVE to mean a complete change in system and shape. Does Mowbray want to revert back to the football we played with Danny Graham?

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's a complete system change if you buy a player like Wyke. He's a target man, a Kieffer Moore. He got 30 goals last year and a stupidly large amount of them are headers. Harry Pickering would have a field day playing with him, with his main asset being his crossing and chance creation, somebody like Adam Reach would probably play well with him too.

However... how well does the current system work with him up top? Signing a player like that means a complete shift in approach. You can't play Brereton, Rothwell, Dolan around a Wyke and play the same football we've played this season and succeed. 

He can't be an Armstrong replacement. If he came in it would HAVE to mean a complete change in system and shape. Does Mowbray want to revert back to the football we played with Danny Graham?

A poor mans Rudy. Would definitely need someone like Conway whipping the balls in. Dolan, nyambe, brereton , Gallagher Chapman  in our system. He would just be isolated and someone to try and hold the ball up to get the three behind in play . He could be a long ball option from the bench I suppose but I would still hope we could do better than go from arma to wyke 

• Like 3

If we only have survival in mind then hoof might be the way to go. 

It would be handy to have someone like that in the squad though and an actual plan B. How many set pieces did we score last season or the one before that ?  A pathetically low number i assume.

Would do no harm having another option, another attempt at dominating possession stats style football will only deliver similar to last season again.

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Read the LT over the last week, accounts submitted to CH, delay processing due to COVID, should be EFL now. One sentence covers current status. My precious🧐

Errr so that will be a yes 'we're still under embargo' then

Cheers 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

And this highlights a huge Mowbray failing for me. If the link to Wyke is true it sums up the confusion and lack of identity we have endured under Mowbray as he stumbled and dithered through different systems and ways of playing over the last few years. Playing different ways with players of limited ability takes time and invariably several new signings. Mowbrays ego will once again lead to another season of confusion and frustration and in my view abject failure.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To young for that reference mate 😂

I’m assuming he wasn’t one of the greats

He was quite a prolific goal scoring centre forward at lower level. He couldn’t make the step up to the level we are at now. A tall guy who was reputedly a good header of the ball.  He was, shall we say, a speculative signing, who played 10 games and scored 1 goal in the 1966-67 season. He returned to the level he was previously at after one season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He was quite a prolific goal scoring centre forward at lower level. He couldn’t make the step up to the level we are at now. A tall guy who was reputedly a good header of the ball.  He was, shall we say, a speculative signing, who played 10 games and scored 1 goal in the 1966-67 season. He returned to the level he was previously at after one season.

Sounds a bit like Paul McKinnon, (from around a decade later).

Anyway, not to worry about Wyke making the step up, as we will likely be making the step down in the not too distant future.

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To young for that reference mate 😂

I’m assuming he wasn’t one of the greats

Lord was signed by Jolly Jack for £10k from Stockport in our first season back in the 2nd Division following relegation from the 1st Division in 1966.

Seem to recall Lord had an impressive goals' record in the lower leagues before signing for Rovers but the step up was too great - think he only managed a dozen or so games and i can't remember him notching!

Sadly, Frank died of a heart attack in South Africa some 15+ years ago.

• Like 1