BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

as I posted in the Championship 21/22 thread its appears that a number of EFL clubs will be under certain transfer restrictions but it seems that the EFL won't go public with a list of clubs but keep it private

Why do the football league do this? They know all clubs are hurt by the covid and all the clubs need a brake from this embargo threats... Better the efl try to help the clubs instead. 

• Like 2

The Wyke 'rumour' was just dropped into this chat without any background, without any source or indeed any further explanation. No use to anyone really.

As it is, we are seemingly still under a transfer embargo that the club are too ignorant to explain. So any signings are a pipe dream.

Regarding Wyke as an indivudual, aside from last season when he had McGeady putting chances on a plate for him, his record at League 1 and 2 level is underwhelming and Sunderland fans dont seem too fons on him. Although when we can register players, he will appeal as he is free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Read the LT over the last week, accounts submitted to CH, delay processing due to COVID, should be EFL now. One sentence covers current status. My precious🧐

The club have never clarified and indeed our local journalist is unclear as to whether the delay in submission or FFP iregularites are the cause of any embargo and how long it will last. How are you so sure?

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's a complete system change if you buy a player like Wyke. He's a target man, a Kieffer Moore. He got 30 goals last year and a stupidly large amount of them are headers. Harry Pickering would have a field day playing with him, with his main asset being his crossing and chance creation, somebody like Adam Reach would probably play well with him too.

However... how well does the current system work with him up top? Signing a player like that means a complete shift in approach. You can't play Brereton, Rothwell, Dolan around a Wyke and play the same football we've played this season and succeed. 

He can't be an Armstrong replacement. If he came in it would HAVE to mean a complete change in system and shape. Does Mowbray want to revert back to the football we played with Danny Graham?

Charlie Wyke can only dream of Kieffer Moore. But the current system certainly didnt succeed anyway so its needs looking at either way. The fact that we still have Mowbray means that he will carrying on failing with it anyway and even if we signed someone like Wyke, he would play wide.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Why do the football league do this? They know all clubs are hurt by the covid and all the clubs need a brake from this embargo threats... Better the efl try to help the clubs instead. 

Cos the EFL are clueless. 

Owners should be allow to invested in their own club with own money without any restrictions or sanctions. But the 3 PL relegation clubs will spend millions after millions to get back up at the first attempt with any of these

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As it is, we are seemingly still under a transfer embargo that the club are too ignorant to explain. So any signings are a pipe dream.

it's seems that the EFL haven't decide what they are but it appears that at least 10 clubs with face some sort of restrictions this summer. But its appears that the EFL won't go public with the teams yet or if at all. So much for the fans

On 03/07/2021 at 15:45, RoversClitheroe said:

Charlie Wyke to Rovers apparently.

So you came in and stated this. Numerous posters have asked for a source, yet you don't follow up and respond. 

Did you hear it from someone else or did you just make it up? Or have you a source? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry for not elaborating, was out most of yesterday and hungover today.

I haven't made it up obviously, heard the rumour, posted the rumour on here, what more do people want to know?

Where it came from and a source, I would imagine….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry for not elaborating, was out most of yesterday and hungover today.

I haven't made it up obviously, heard the rumour, posted the rumour on here, what more do people want to know?

Where did you hear or see it? As a stand alone comment it is worthless.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos the EFL are clueless. 

Owners should be allow to invested in their own club with own money without any restrictions or sanctions. But the 3 PL relegation clubs will spend millions after millions to get back up at the first attempt with any of these

it's seems that the EFL haven't decide what they are but it appears that at least 10 clubs with face some sort of restrictions this summer. But its appears that the EFL won't go public with the teams yet or if at all. So much for the fans

The club could elaborate still and choose not to. The club will know where they stand at this present moment and if they can register players.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The club could elaborate still and choose not to. The club will know where they stand at this present moment and if they can register players.

how can the club comment when it's appears the EFL haven't decide on anything from what it looks like apart from Derby County and them not getting relegation for breaking the rules?

Edited by chaddyrovers
added more

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how can the club comment when the EFL haven't decide on anything from what it looks like apart from Derby County and them not getting relegation for breaking the rules?

The club will know if it can register new players. If they havent been told otherwise then they can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The club will know if it can register new players. If they havent been told otherwise then they can.

None of know much about what the current situation is.\ The EFL doesn't want to go public with any teams. Why not? 

Hopefully we find more about the situation is this week

Any announcement on clubs being subject to FFP embargoes that is full embargoes would be plastered all over the media and their website . As it is derby and Sheffield wed are the only mentions the latter for late payment of wages and derby because they are derby🤌🏻 As a side issue rumours from the south coast are that Southampton have all but agreed £10m plus add ins for Arma and which includes a player coming in on loan for a season - this info is from a friend close to the club, works there part time in the legal arena. Now I don’t claim any credit nor am I itk it’s just passing on information. I suspect this will be an opening gambit to encourage a bidding war esp if Norwich and wham are still interested - I don’t see the barcodes coming in for him they are aiming or appear to aiming much higher for the season and Arma isn’t the man for them 

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To young for that reference mate 😂

I’m assuming he wasn’t one of the greats

He was not.  He was one of a number of centre forwards at the time signed in a desperate attempt to replace Fred Pickering.  Martin Britt, Alan Gilliver, Frank Lord, John Kenyon although he might have been a little later and underrated to my untrained eye.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As a side issue rumours from the south coast are that Southampton have all but agreed £10m plus add ins for Arma and which includes a player coming in on loan for a season

This was reported a few weeks ago that Southampton would send a player here on loan. The player was Michael Obafemi if I remember correctly

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Any announcement on clubs being subject to FFP embargoes that is full embargoes would be plastered all over the media and their website . As it is derby and Sheffield wed are the only mentions the latter for late payment of wages and derby because they are derby🤌🏻 As a side issue rumours from the south coast are that Southampton have all but agreed £10m plus add ins for Arma and which includes a player coming in on loan for a season - this info is from a friend close to the club, works there part time in the legal arena. Now I don’t claim any credit nor am I itk it’s just passing on information. I suspect this will be an opening gambit to encourage a bidding war esp if Norwich and wham are still interested - I don’t see the barcodes coming in for him they are aiming or appear to aiming much higher for the season and Arma isn’t the man for them 

He would suit Southampton. I would be expecting Obafaemi on a permanent if they are offering £10 million though. 

4 hours ago, neophox said:

FFP has always been stupid, a ludicrous rule conjured up by a twit in a suit.

• Like 1

…another day, another page ..of what ? 

We’re making  more noise ..the silence from Ewood is deafening ….

We’re at least lining up possibilities , imaginary or otherwise , to replace the lost 9 or 10 ….

We’re asking questions about  kit, the ground and season tickets …

meanwhile the wall of silence and incapability remains ..with Tony  and friends hiding behind it …embargo ? …or just incompetence? …those fans who will support from within the ground …I wish you well…I will wait for change …long wait though it might be….I feel both pain and embarrassment..this level of contempt I never thought I’d see …and…over 60 years……I’ve seen a lot . 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

No way whatsoever the owners will let AA go for £10m imo. If Clubs don't get a bit more realistic with their valuations he might not be going anywhere.

• Like 2