BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

55 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wyke has signed for Wigan apparently nearly earning £10k a week. 

We were after him, so it seems as though we have very little money and need to sell Arma (I assume)

If we were after him he'd have come here over Wigan mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We were after him, so it seems as though we have very little money and need to sell Arma (I assume)

Wasn't it only a rumour we were after Wyke ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We were after him according to who?A few people tweeting it doesn't make it true.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Arguing about Armstrong’s potential fee is like two bald men arguing over who’s comb it is. Any fee will go where the Rhodes money went.

You keep saying this about the Rhodes money.7 million Brererton, 5 million Gallagher ,1.7 upto 3 million Armstrong,add the multiple other players brought in by Mowbray not to mention the multiple contracts given to ageing players in that time.

We bought Rhodes for 8 million and he was on 35 grand a week...they made a tiny profit on Rhodes if that.

The owners can be rightly criticized for a lot of things but they have  spent bringing players in.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the fact there will no doubt be 4 or 5 teams worse than us will most likely save us from relegation,we do have some pretty decent players,if you put them in their rightful positions we should be comfortably mid table,bloody miles off even challenging for a play off spot though😫

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that one , without Armstrongs goals last season , we would be probably be there on August 7th ..

41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You keep saying this about the Rhodes money.7 million Brererton, 5 million Gallagher ,1.7 upto 3 million Armstrong,add the multiple other players brought in by Mowbray not to mention the multiple contracts given to ageing players in that time.

We bought Rhodes for 8 million and he was on 35 grand a week...they made a tiny profit on Rhodes if that.

The owners can be rightly criticized for a lot of things but they have  spent bringing players in.

Not sure how it sits right now but after the signing of Rhodes i think the ins and outs of their tenure pretty much balanced up.

Probably not too far out now just on transfer business obviously, not including paying for the running costs black hole.

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Or you just made up the rumour that we were interested in the first place? You never said where you heard the info when asked.  Things are bad, but no player is picking Wigan over us. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or you just made up the rumour that we were interested in the first place? You never said where you heard the info when asked.  Things are bad, but no player is picking Wigan over us. 

Why would I make up a rumours 😂, and why would I say who my source is? 

The fact people expect people to say the source is absolutely baffling. There a source for a reason.

Next time I'll just keep things to myself and keep this topic absolutely dead.

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The fact people expect people to say the source is absolutely baffling. There a source for a reason.

That's better than making things up to be fair then claiming we can't compete with Wigan

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This happens every summer. If you post rumours you kinda have to expect it really

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Keep posting them for me. It is a message board not a court of law lol

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mate you mentioned it on here the exact day I seen people suggesting his name on twitter.

You have previous for it coming on here with transfer rumours that have come from a couple of tweets from randomers.

If your info is genuine then I apologize but find it hard to believe we were in for Wyke, and to be fair If we gave him a 3 year deal on 10k a week I'd be fuming.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Change

Didn't do last time, so not certain why now would be any different.

TBH I think TM got a bit of a pass last year with no fans in the ground - I am sure the natives would have been vocal considering the run we went on. 

Rather than boycotting - why not go to Ewood - cheer the boys on during the match - and then voice your displeasure towards TM at the end of the match (or half time if the mood suits you).

• Like 4

There seems to be this regular thing whereby people throw their toys out of the pram when they are questioned over incredibly vague rumours, it seems to be the in thing to be an ITK these days which I do not get.

The Wyke "rumour" was chucked in like a stink bomb with absolutely no context whatsoever, either initially or upon further questioning. At which stage, what use really was it? And indeed it turned out to be nonsense, he went to League 1 Wigan within days, and we still arent sure that we can even sign players.

Everyone will be receptive to genuine rumours but a bit of clarity is all it takes. If it is from social media, provide a link or a screenshot so we can decide whether its from a sad spotty teenager wanting likes or a credible journalist, or somewhere in between. If it is genuinely from a source that cannot be identified, at least give some indication on where.

• Like 4