BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Genuine question- is anyone actually caring about this upcoming season. I fail to see any glimmer of hope other than maybe getting to see a decent left back for once 

Yes me, always excited at start of any season, missing actually watching live footy at Ewood.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, neophox said:

Not that bad if Ayala can get a full season as a start. 

If there was a market for Ayala being injured and missing the start of the season then I would be all over it!

I honestly don't think we will get more than a dozen games out of him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

If there was a market for Ayala being injured and missing the start of the season then I would be all over it!

Would rather see Lenihan and Wharton together anyway if Wharton returns from injury as good as he was last season.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think you need to remember the Kean era

i think it`s even worse,at least kean was a clueless idiot who did`nt know what he was doing,in that respect he was going to get the bullet or resign due  boardroom pressure,mowbray and swag have the club to themselves with no one apparently bothered about what they do,look at some of the performances last season,it was clear no one gave a flying ****, the manager was sat on his arse at games looking comatosed more often than not

im`e not in any way trying to defend the cupid stunt kean but at least he did try to show some leadership on the touchline,mowbray is just taking the **** out of us,he might as well go to the telegraph and announce he`s not bothered about the fans and club,just his fat salary,in that respect he`s worse than kean and he disgusts me

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Poor old Tony takes all the flack

Hoping to be saved by Bradley Dack.

His pension fund is his only concern.

When will those Rovers fans learn?

But his mate Steve is on his side.

Trying to flog Brockhall was pretty fucking snide.

We won't be free until the Coventrio are binned...

And the Venkys stand on the Ewood turf with a mic....

"Sorry to all Rovers fans and especially Uncle Jack... for we have sinned"

Is that OldEwoodBlue or OdeEwoodBlue😉

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Genuine question- is anyone actually caring about this upcoming season. I fail to see any glimmer of hope other than maybe getting to see a decent left back for once 

I'm excited to see a few of the younger players getting extended spells in the side and finding out if they are up to it .

Feel no chance anything better than midtable under Mowbray so hopefully we stay up and say goodbye to him and rest of the Coventry rejects when his contract is up.

We need a few brought in but il be honest I'd prefer we use the loan market this summer as I don't want Mowbray being given more cash to spend on permanent signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no hope and no optimism,£25 quid to watch "possesion based football that goes nowhere",crowds of likely 8000 at some low key games and knowing that the chairman and the manager are running the club for their own gain,only bit im`e looking forward to is hopefully hearing some colourful abuse aimed at moggadon,never been more apathetic ever for the start of a season😪

I reckon the club would snap your hands off for crowds of 8000 at low key games, I reckon it will be nearer 6k. 

Wonder how many ST have been sold so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It's hard to be optimistic when the manager doesn't view the club in the same way that we do, nor when he doesn't have the same ambition for the club that many of us have.

I am hoping that next season is his last one at the club. The owners, for whatever reason, can't sack a manager without needing somebody else to do it for them, so he's probably here till next year.

I'm intrigued by the summer transfer window, though. Despite everything, I'm looking forward to seeing who we bring in. We need fresh faces and that is what is keeping me interested. I think it's more in hope that we may land a good 'un or two somewhere along the way.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Lucimo said:

What has Chaddy got over the mods. Another post deleted that was hardly offensive. I see more aggy, passive aggressive posts off him and they remain untouched 🤔

I can’t see any removed posts in the last few pages? 

The lads not protected at all although it does feel some people are too quick to jump on anything he posts

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yes! After 16 months of not being able to see live inside a stadium football so can't wait to get back to watching it. 

Hopefully during the season we see some academy/under 23 players..

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

How dare you suggest the EFL are still assessing clubs and only adding to their list when decisions are made.

Chaddy won't be having that. He thinks the list is settled and we are free as we are not mentioned.

Simple fact is the club would proudly announce it and we would sign somebody. We are sat in our EFL cell awaiting sentencing.

Have I said the list is settled tho? 

Why does the EFL needs days/weeks to assess the accounts when people can do it couple of hours? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Time for a new hobby, for those out there that cant get excited about the Rovers Return.

Yea well maybe, but it’s very sad that it’s driving fans away wouldn’t you say. I’m angry mowbray is still here , I don’t see anything other than what’s gone on before 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Poor old Tony takes all the flack

Hoping to be saved by Bradley Dack.

His pension fund is his only concern.

When will those Rovers fans learn?

But his mate Steve is on his side.

Trying to flog Brockhall was pretty fucking snide.

We won't be free until the Coventrio are binned...

And the Venkys stand on the Ewood turf with a mic....

"Sorry to all Rovers fans and especially Uncle Jack... for we have sinned"

Are these Words worth more than the club?. I’m a poet and I didn’t know it!!

Edited by lraC

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think it`s even worse,at least kean was a clueless idiot who did`nt know what he was doing,in that respect he was going to get the bullet or resign due  boardroom pressure,mowbray and swag have the club to themselves with no one apparently bothered about what they do,look at some of the performances last season,it was clear no one gave a flying ****, the manager was sat on his arse at games looking comatosed more often than not

im`e not in any way trying to defend the cupid stunt kean but at least he did try to show some leadership on the touchline,mowbray is just taking the **** out of us,he might as well go to the telegraph and announce he`s not bothered about the fans and club,just his fat salary,in that respect he`s worse than kean and he disgusts me

There was a rumour that when Kean was playing at being manager, that he organised a fancy dress party, with the theme being Cluedo characters. When the manager turned up, no one could work out, who he was, until Danny Murphy announced that he was Kean, as Mustard. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Why do you think that, the lad got a serious groin injury, everyone saying we signed a crock but he played over 90 games for ‘Boro in the 3 previous seasons before we signed him, that’s not a crock.

Dack has had 2 serious injuries out for much longer but nobody says we signed a crock, which he isn’t, same with Wharton another long term injury, no mention of a crock, just both unlucky.

Ayala is a very decent c/b let’s give him a chance and see what happens, just seems a lot of fans pick on a certain players.

• Like 2

From the link below

THE publication of Rovers accounts’ again underlines the club’s reliance on owners Venky’s but crucially also means the club are now free from a registration embargo imposed by the EFL.

Rovers hit two key deadlines by submitting their profit and sustainability projections with the EFL by the end of March and filing their accounts by the end of June in order to be able to sign players.

The EFL, as part of a new move to increase transparency, has published the names of those clubs that are operating under embargoes and it does not include Rovers, something confirmed to the Lancashire Telegraph by the club.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19430933.blackburns-situation-explained-efl-embargo-announcements/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Why do you think that, the lad got a serious groin injury, everyone saying we signed a crock but he played over 90 games for ‘Boro in the 3 previous seasons before we signed him, that’s not a crock.

Dack has had 2 serious injuries out for much longer but nobody says we signed a crock, which he isn’t, same with Wharton another long term injury, no mention of a crock, just both unlucky.

Ayala is a very decent c/b let’s give him a chance and see what happens, just seems a lot of fans pick on a certain players.

We signed Ayala in Sept 2020 on a three year deal when he hadn't kicked a ball in anger for 8 months!

In the calendar years 2020 and 2021 so far, out of potentially something like 70 Championship games, Ayala has appeared in just 11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my book, those statistics are damning and I think he's a crock.

We need players who are going to be fit and available for at least 85% of our games (39 out of 46 league games).

To give a bloke of his age, who hadn't kicked a ball in anger for 8 months, a 3 year contact was, IMO, the height of expensive folly and a scandalous waste of money.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, unsall said:

Give him a chance? He's had a whole season and been a complete and utter waste of space. If he performs then he will have the fans behind him but if he continues to prop up the treatment table whilst being one of the higher earners then he is obviously going to cop some flack.

• Like 1