BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

“The difficulty is that the five loans went back, five or six players left at the end of their contract and we’ve been unable to sign any players,”

Mowbray added.

"but let’s be realistic, we’re not going to win many Championship matches with the young team we had out there, we need to recruit some footballers.”

I almost feel sorry for him.... might rush out to buy a ST so he can buy a footballer. Maybe buy a pie and a bovril so we can supply the new lad with a shirt.

Just waiting for an update on the tribute to Tony Parkes.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If the club had the confidence that the embargo would be lifted, then signings should have been lined up.

If a player had the confidence of a contract with a club that they had confidence in, then surely they would have waited.

All this points yet again to a amateurish approach from the Ewood hierarchy, never on the front foot.

Season ticket prices, cheap pitch re-furb,late kit issue.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I remember when Rangers had an embargo. They had a number of players lined up for the day it was lifted. Funny how we are incapable of similar. 

Also how can TM sound surprised that 10 players left? I mean he knew contracts were winding down and loans returned. It's not like that was sprung upon us...

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You make out like its something that was just done to us.  

ITS OUR FAULT!!!🙄🤷‍♂️

To be fair, I don’t think he’s making anything out, he just posted Rich Sharpe’s tweet?

26 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I remember when Rangers had an embargo. They had a number of players lined up for the day it was lifted. Funny how we are incapable of similar. 

Also how can TM sound surprised that 10 players left? I mean he knew contracts were winding down and loans returned. It's not like that was sprung upon us...

Results don't matter to Mogadon, why should he care.?

I think Mowbray would've kept most of the seniors released if it was up to him. That kind of upheavel throws him slightly off his comfortable little cartwheel.

Ready made excuses for a bad season of course but he now has the hassle of trying to replace a few. The ex Boro handbook and Coventry fall back options seem all but exhausted now. No head of recruitment handing him decent youngsters on loan either.

Prepare for some last min panics this summer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Prepare for some last min panics this summer.

It's obvious, all the major Premier league clubs are just getting it together, going on tour, etc....it will be at least 3 weeks before they decide who they want to loan out.  Mogadon will be waiting with his tongue right up there....

Can't wait for the latest spotty teenagers..🙄.....at least we had heard of elliot /HB and we finished near relegation.....God knows what crap we will end up with.

Mogadon Out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am very surprised that you can't answered the first question given that you are complaining that we haven't made any signings so far but most of signings clubs have made I wouldn't have wanted here. But here is 2 players I think we should have look at Sonny Bradley and Ryan Woods.  

We need a quality defensive centre midfielder in this summer aswell as centre defender, left back and wide player. Apart from that I am happy with what we have, and replacement for Armstrong if he goes this summer. 

Here are some suggestions, for the wide role I would look at Ben Osborn or Luke Freeman from Sheffield United. For the Left back role I can see us going for Charlie Ogilvie as we have been linked for him for the last 18 months. 

How we replace Armstrong strengths in terms of Pace, movement, his quality finishing is going to massive challenge for the club and I would expect we have already a shortlist ready to put in place when we accept a bid. Who we will target I don't know. We have been linked to Jerry Yates from Blackpool who impress me in the league 1 playoff final. I would expect some overseas options on that shortlist. I would look at Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley as previously discuss with you. Maybe look at a loan move for young PL striker or look at signing someone like Hugill on loan from Norwich for a season. 

So you agree with me that we shouldn't either of them new deal. Well at least we agree on something. Some of those players will be replace by players like Pike for example for the right back spot to challenge Nyambe. or Butterworth for the 10 spot if we play 4-2-3-1. 

We have got rid of alot of the deadwood finally and we don't need 10 centre midfielders this season. 

How are you happy with what we have? I'm sure some of the players signed by clubs already will do well. Many clubs are miles ahead of us when it comes to recruitment networks and results. 

Freeman is too slow I think. Although he is a decent player. 

We have gotten rid of some Deadwood, but currently we have very little wood. Yet again we are an injury or 2 away from catastrophe. At best we are banking on Mowbray turning a group of youngsters into a competitive outfit at this level. I'm not confident of that happening. I would imagine he will confuse them and play some out of position. 

• Like 5

I can see it now. End of the season, relegation, Mowbray's excuses about late recruitment, relying too heavily on loans, too many kids, transfer embargo.

Of course all without any admission that responsibility for all the above lies either in India or the corridors of Ewood/Brockhall.

I've no doubts they will try and sweeten the Armstrong deal by begging for a kid on loan in return. Saves them the hassle of finding someone else or spending any of the money.

A bit like selling your multi million mansion at a knock down price but getting discounted rent on an apartment for 12 months in return.

At least you've somewhere to live but you'll be in a mess when that arrangement comes to an end. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can see it now. End of the season, relegation, Mowbray's excuses about late recruitment, relying too heavily on loans, too many kids, transfer embargo.

Of course all without any admission that responsibility for all the above lies either in India or the corridors of Ewood/Brockhall.

I've no doubts they will try and sweeten the Armstrong deal by begging for a kid on loan in return. Saves them the hassle of finding someone else or spending any of the money.

A bit like selling your multi million mansion at a knock down price but getting discounted rent on an apartment for 12 months in return.

At least you've somewhere to live but you'll be in a mess when that arrangement comes to an end. 

Uncertainty about Co-vid will be amongst the excuses (because it only affects Rovers you know 🤔😉)

Obafemi would be worth what on the market? £10m with some Premier League goals and his age/club? So him permanently, plus £7-8m for Armstrong would be a great deal. A deal where we sell Armstrong and get MO on loan is the complete opposite.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Obafemi would be worth what on the market? £10m with some Premier League goals and his age/club? So him permanently, plus £7-8m for Armstrong would be a great deal. A deal where we sell Armstrong and get MO on loan is the complete opposite.

Not having that Joe.....can you remember the last striker we got from them? 5m and you would have said all of the above about him, with inflation SG would be 10m now....just like your man....No way, Pedro.....

You wouldn't know a great deal if it whacked you in the mush.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not having that Joe.....can you remember the last striker we got from them? 5m and you would have said all of the above about him, with inflation SG would be 10m now....just like your man....No way, Pedro.....

You wouldn't know a great deal if it whacked you in the mush.

20-year old strikers from Premier League clubs with goals against Manchester United come at a hefty cost in 2021. £10m is a realistic valuation of that player.

As for your final line, calm down a bit? No need.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Michael Obafemi has scored 6 goals including 4 PL goals in 41 appearances(32 PL, 3 Efl trophy, 4 EFL league Cup and 2 FA CUP).

One thing he does have pace. But is he the right replacement for Armstrong I ain't fat from convince 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-obafemi/profil/spieler/444208

The Championship is a massive step down - as Armstrong will find.

I'd take Obafemi and cash for Armstrong. That'd be a great deal for us - we lack pace.

• Like 1