BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, Meesh said:

Gut feeling tells me that they've already had a loose discussion about writing-off the season and going again next season. If they were basing his performance on results alone, as pretty much all clubs do, he'd have been potted already.

I don't like comparing Mowbray to Kean, but the scenario has a familiar feeling.

They're a "do-nothing" type of owner aren't they?

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Signing players from data stats might be a safety net against landing yourself with lazy gits. Or players who can't pass the ball for 3 yards

Good job for Evans he slipped through the net before the data came in then.

Also what use is data when 50% of your business entails going round with the begging bowl at the end of the transfer window seeing what remaining crumbs you can hoover up on the cheap off the Premier League Loan table?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

Always agreed with that. It helps whittle down and is to be used in tandem with the thoughts and feelings of people who should know a footballer when they see one.

Yes the number of deadweights we've signed in the last 10 years, i'd like to think a stats based approach would have kept a good few of them from a contract.

If it spells the end of ageing mercenaries eeking out last contracts due to old pals acts it can't be a bad thing.  They'll just have to drop down the leagues and take big pay cuts like lads who haven't made the grade if they want to carry on.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good job for Evans he slipped through the net before the data came in then.

Also what use is data when 50% of your business entails going round with the begging bowl at the end of the transfer window seeing what remaining crumbs you can hoover up on the cheap off the Premier League Loan table?

Thing is with Evans his stats have probably always been good that's why he's remained where he is.  He should have been out of Ewood years ago imo but for what he does he's actually quite good at it.

Going nowhere football taking no responsibility with the ball is Evans forte in blue & white. The number of times he touches the ball will be high, the tidy little sideways short passes and receiving will be high, interceptions ( picking loose balls ) or roll out from the keeper, high.  3 tackles per game, wins 1.5, average.

He is a prime example of how stats can mislead but lame arse managers can justify these players inclusion and contracts.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays recruitment has been poor and ive never once defended that, there are no excuses for it. Thanks for permission to criticise the owners which I will also continue to do so considering their backward processes, their repeated lack of proactivity, the lack of communication that leaves the manager unaware of his budget until well into the close season.

But you defending Mowbray by blaming the recruitment, data analysis and scouting department for signings when he makes the decisions who we sign. 

Do you really it was our recruitment department who recommend we sign Gallagher, pears, Ayala, Trybull, Douglas, Downing? Its a question I;ve asked you several times and you avoid answering it. Wonder why?

Yet again you can keep blaming the owners every time but they have backed Mowbray slow build plan and backed it financially in terms of 20 million pounds in transfer fees plus wages for all the signings. You can keep blaming when Mowbray gets told his budget but its no affect on our scouting plans and giving Mowbray his targets for each position we need signings for. 

If it suits your narrative to suddenly think that Mowbray is the sole reason for the clubs continued ineffiencies then fair enough.

Mowbray decides who we sign and who we don't. No one else. 

Only need to look at who Mowbray decide to sign for the centre back and left back positions. 

Why didn't Mowbray sign Pickering or Manning last summer but instead he went for Brad Smith who decided to go MLS instead and Douglas who we signed. 

Mowbray spent weeks trying to sign Kipre and Ayala. Did the recruitment department suggest either? Were they the only 2 names on that list? was they not other targets we could have sign for the same cost? and who decide to give Ayala a 3 year contract? Mowbray? Venus? Waggott?

if you think that our recruitment process is so well organised and that it is merely Mowbray disobeying that has caused the poor recruitment, when a mere matter of months ago it was because he came up with the idea of a new scouting network that you wanted him to stay

I think our recruitment department do the work that needs and provide the manager with the lists of players he asked for. If Mowbray is using them then he is to blame cos he has signed some awful players like Ayala and Douglas. 

Yes I did want to stay a matter of months ago but change my opinions and gave a proper detail post to the reasons why he has been sack and who we replace him with. No point having Mowbray there if he wont use the recruitment department properly.  

This is why I am in favour in changing the footballing structure at the club and bring in a Sporting Director and head coach. The Sporting Director would be in charge of who we sign and allow the head coach to focus on training, tactics and getting results. 

180 degree turn on your opinion but fair enough.

People can change their opinion roversfan99. Thats why I gave such a detail post into why I change my opinion. 

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

In fairness his last promotion was in 2011 was it?Ten years ago and he has had to take a job in league one to get back into the game.

We need to go for someone on the up or someone who has recent success not someone because they have a promotion on their CV X amount of years ago.

Would love Wilder myself.Id be in favour of a sporting director but only if someone credible not a Shebby Singh or Paul Senior 

Warnock has only 1 promotion in the last 10 years and some people would appoint him here. 

If we could get Wilder great but not convince we can. Live in hope. 

I agree that if we do go down the Sporting Director/head coach structure then its has to be someone credible. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you defending Mowbray by blaming the recruitment, data analysis and scouting department for signings when he makes the decisions who we sign. 

Do you really it was our recruitment department who recommend we sign Gallagher, pears, Ayala, Trybull, Douglas, Downing? Its a question I;ve asked you several times and you avoid answering it. Wonder why?

Yet again you can keep blaming the owners every time but they have backed Mowbray slow build plan and backed it financially in terms of 20 million pounds in transfer fees plus wages for all the signings. You can keep blaming when Mowbray gets told his budget but its no affect on our scouting plans and giving Mowbray his targets for each position we need signings for. 

On the topic of unanswered questions, you didn't reply to one of mine. Ok, the owners have backed TM financially, but if we have a proper ownership and aren't badly managed as a club, why is TM still in charge?

The buck stops with the manager, but if the owners won't replace a manager who is severely underperforming and the majority of fans want gone, the buck stops with them instead.

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

On the topic of unanswered questions, you didn't reply to one of mine. Ok, the owners have backed TM financially, but if we have a proper ownership and aren't badly managed as a club, why is TM still in charge?

The buck stops with the manager, but if the owners won't replace a manager who is severely underperforming and the majority of fans want gone, the buck stops with them instead.

Firstly, I am very sorry I didn't reply to your question. 

On why the owners haven't replace Mowbray for underperforming this season? I don't know is the only answer. With Pasha in the country right now, hopefully he has advised the owners to change manager at the end of season as change of CEO. Hopefully Pasha is currently interviewing for a new CEO of the club. 

Like I posted almost 2 weeks ago, I would have sack Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Lowe from their roles at the club during the international break. Appoint Slivester and Cheston as acting Joint CEO of the club until a new CEO is appoint. Damien Johnson I would have appoint as caretaker manager for the rest of the season with the aim of bring in new manager or restructure the football management with appointing a new sporting director and head coach in the summer. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only need to look at who Mowbray decide to sign for the centre back and left back positions. 

Why didn't Mowbray sign Pickering or Manning last summer but instead he went for Brad Smith who decided to go MLS instead and Douglas who we signed. 

Mowbray spent weeks trying to sign Kipre and Ayala. Did the recruitment department suggest either? Were they the only 2 names on that list? was they not other targets we could have sign for the same cost? and who decide to give Ayala a 3 year contract? Mowbray? Venus? Waggott?

I think our recruitment department do the work that needs and provide the manager with the lists of players he asked for. If Mowbray is using them then he is to blame cos he has signed some awful players like Ayala and Douglas. 

Yes I did want to stay a matter of months ago but change my opinions and gave a proper detail post to the reasons why he has been sack and who we replace him with. No point having Mowbray there if he wont use the recruitment department properly.  

This is why I am in favour in changing the footballing structure at the club and bring in a Sporting Director and head coach. The Sporting Director would be in charge of who we sign and allow the head coach to focus on training, tactics and getting results. 

People can change their opinion roversfan99. Thats why I gave such a detail post into why I change my opinion. 

My last post on the matter. I have wanted Mowbrays out for a while, for far longer than you. I am NOT defending his recruitment. As far as I am concerned, I judge him and him only on ALL of our signings, including Kaminski, including Brereton, including Armstrong, including Gallagher, everyone. His overall recruitment has been shit, I cant stress this enough, its a big part of why I want him out

You up until recently aggressively defended Mowbrays recruitment, indeed you said that Mowbray was behind the updated scouting network merely existing and had to stay to continue it, so surely you see how hilariously illogical it is that you now imply that it was already there, you pick out all of the transfers that have been poor, of which there are many, and cook up the theory that the good ones where as a result of the analysts and the recruitment team, and the poor ones were based on your totally evidence -ess theory/assumption because he defied the recruitment team and signed players in spite of them!

The reason I think you have changed to such a degree is because youd like to believe that we are a normally functioning club. You know that the owners will continue their pig ignorant ways, you probably know that it is not helpful for the manager to receive no communication for so long as to the budget he will receive, but that isnt going to change. There is no evidence that we have an efficient recruitment team. But now you have finally accepted that what is happening isnt good enough, youd like to think that every single thing wrong with the club is solely based on Tony Mowbray. A mere managerial change (which I dont even expect sadly) and everything will revert to a top 6 push in your mind.

To clarify, for the hundredth time, none of this relieves any of the responsibility on the manager. His recruitment of which he is responsible fully for has been rubbish. I want him to be sacked, sadly Venkys dont give a shit and are out of touch, but I want him gone, I have done so for a while, I dont know how much more clearer I can make it that Mowbray is fully responsible for his recruitment, I just also think that there are additional issues at our club.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have wanted Mowbrays out for a while, for far longer than you.

Thats doesn't matter. Its not pissing contest!

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am NOT defending his recruitment. As far as I am concerned, I judge him and him only on ALL of our signings, including Kaminski, including Brereton, including Armstrong, including Gallagher, everyone. His overall recruitment has been shit, I cant stress this enough, its a big part of why I want him out

But you are by blaming the owners who have backed him financially like no other manager we had in the championship days. 

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You said that Mowbray was behind the updated scouting network merely existing and had to stay to continue it, so surely you see how hilariously illogical it is that you now imply that it was already there

I have never imply it was already there so god knows what you have been reading again. 

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

you pick out all of the transfers that have been poor, of which there are many, and cook up the theory that the good ones where as a result of the analysts and the recruitment team, and the poor ones were based on your totally evidence -ess theory/assumption because he defied the recruitment team and signed players in spite of them!

Wrong again, I picked out the ones I behind the recruitment team didn't have involvement something you dismiss as despite Mowbray chasing Gallagher for 12 months prior to us signing, signing Brereton cos he played well against a Mowbray team once and was never scouting as a poster on here as posted, another poster @philiposted on the 25th January that the recruitment team recommend Pickering and Goode instead Mowbray went and signed Douglas and Ayala. Can you say this info is wrong? or do you accept this poster's post?

If you think our recruitment team recommend we sign Ayala, Douglas, Trybull, Pears, Johnson, Gallagher, Downing then you are very naïve and deluded. 

We know that our recruitment recommend to Mowbray that we sign Kaminski, Dolan and Stergiakis. 2 of them have been good signings. 

Also why did our head of recruitment Stuart Harvey leave Rovers for Sunderland? IMO, A greater say in recruitment and a club that will have big budget in the summer from their new owner. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The reason I think you have changed to such a degree is because youd like to believe that we are a normally functioning club

Yet again, I gave a detailed post into my reasons why I change my opinion. That post was on 18th of February. Take a minute to read it instead of posting such things as the above comment. 

You know that the owners will continue their pig ignorant ways, you probably know that it is not helpful for the manager to receive no communication for so long as to the budget he will receive, but that isnt going to change.

same post every year from yourself. All the Scouting and data analysis work will be done by now for Mowbray to decide on his targets he wants. You keep blaming the owners if you want but you can't argue that they have financially backed Mowbray. You can blame the owners for not sacking Mowbray this season. 

There is no evidence that we have an efficient recruitment team

If you so Roversfan99. Bored of going over the same points like I have for the 2 or 3 days now. 

youd like to think that every single thing wrong with the club is solely based on Tony Mowbray. A mere managerial change (which I dont even expect sadly) and everything will revert to a top 6 push in your mind.

Mowbray decide the players we sign, he picks the team and tactics for every game. He said that he had build a top 6 quality squad this season, so why are 15th in the league then? So why have we not scored in 24 1st half in 40 games? 

Given the financially backing Mowbray has had in terms of transfer fees and wages over the last 3 seasons, Alot of managers would have us higher in the league than Mowbray. 

If we sack Mowbray and appoint the right person(Which is a massive IF) I think we would be higher in the league then we will be under Mowbray 

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yet to get a pro deal and miles better footballer than Dolan

Seems an odd comparison to make given the position differences. Do you particularly dislike TD?

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Seems an odd comparison to make given the position differences. Do you particularly dislike TD?

No,but you can still compare as footballers.  Maybe I worded it wrong.  Good lad though. I was kind of alluding to them both from nobbers too. They played together for a few seasons...thy played left some games.

He's made bench for Neil and Mcevoy....been out injured or might have made his debut by now.

Edited by Sparks Rover

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No,but you can still compare as footballers.  Maybe I worded it wrong.  Good lad though. I was kind of alluding to them both from nobbers too. They played together for a few seasons...thy played left some games.

Baffling the set up at Preston. Really like Joe Nolan who's playing under Barr in the 23's too. His performances make me question whether Tom White and Brad Lyons will have any kind of future here at all.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Baffling the set up at Preston. Really like Joe Nolan who's playing under Barr in the 23's too. His performances make me question whether Tom White and Brad Lyons will have any kind of future here at all.

If you wanna go really deep, they have a 15 year old, Polish lad from Preston.  Forward.  Shit hot.  Played international for Poland youth teams

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

If you wanna go really deep, they have a 15 year old, Polish lad from Preston.  Forward.  Shit hot.  Played international for Poland youth teams

Interesting, good one to follow then.