BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

28 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Sounds like no (covid) passport no entry from the 19th.

Wonder how they will square giving refunds to those who have bought STs but can't or won't meet entry criteria.

No walk ons or away fans due to (admin) costs vs benefits.

Have you got a link, and how are they going to organise ticketing for cup games ?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said time after time. Why do I need to keep repeating myself to you? my stance isn't going to change and you can either accept it or ignore it but it won't be changing

Like I gave you the example of Shearer in 96 or when we sold Rhodes and replace with Graham. 

You aren't going to get a like for like replacement and thats clear. 

I would take Obafemi in the deal for Armstrong to Southampton if he is moving here permanently. He has scored goals against Chelsea and Manchester United so clear has talent and that is something we can develop here in the years to come.  

Does it matters that we aren't linked to players? 

Yes I am far from convinced that Obafemi will be 20 to 30 goals scorer if we signed but he could be good signing for us and score 15 goals a season. 

Reach not well liked at his previous club? does that matter and you are so obsess by what other fans think? You like that with every player link to us. Just look at what Sunderland fans said on Graham before he signed here and look at how that one played out. Or Tosin Adarabioyo and what WBA said. stop listening to other fans opinions as they mean nothing

I have to disagree here. Time to step up the plate. Armstrong did. The team has score goals. Its a team goals. Our defenders, midfielders and forwards have to step up an score goals. Brereton is bang in form for Chile so hopefully he can reproduce that here. Plus others can score score goals

Could you please answer the question from @Ewood Ace What on earth makes you think that we should be top 6? And indeed from my point of view, do you genuinely think that, factoring in everything, potential signings you think we could and would like to make, the manager too, that we have a chance?

In regards to "stop listening to other fans opinions" quite simply, no I won't. It is up to us to choose what we want to believe about players who sign or we are linked with, I personally put a lot of stock into what people who watch them week in week out thing, of course this doesn't guarantee how they would do here, they might do better or worse for various reasons, a big one being what position they play, but you don't have to factor that into your own personal judgement. Conversely, I don't put much stock into most of the data analysis, so you may be interested in crosses per game, progressive runs per game, expected goals, expected assists etc, I am not but wouldn't ask you to ignore it.

Brereton being "bang in form" for Chile is a bit of an overreaction, he scored one goal in 4. It is ok saying that they need to step up to the plate but logic and historical evidence does not suggest that they are likely too. They may, or one of them may, but I doubt it. Armstrong had previously scored plenty of goals especially in one season although his goal returns in the last couple of years have been superb and to be honest, well past my expectation of him. So it could happen, but Armstrong is the exception to the rule and even then, there was more there to expect more goals from him compared to Brereton, Gallagher and Rothwell.

Does it matter that we haven't been linked to players? Of course not. What matters is that we haven't signed any yet with pre-season underway, don't seem close to signing any, have missed out on targets, have the same poor manager and many players including our best one who seems destined to leave with only a year left on their deals. Grim.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We can yeah, only for the last week though. And seems that no one is close to signing.

competition launched for the best tony excuse for not signing anyone in the coming weeks🙂

1st prize is a leftover pie from 2019,not that it would taste anyworse now than it did  when it was  fresh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

competition launched for the best tony excuse for not signing anyone in the coming weeks🙂

1st prize is a leftover pie from 2019,not that it would taste anyworse now than it did  when it was  fresh

Not having a kit available meant we couldn't sign anyone as the photos wouldn't look right...

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And indeed from my point of view, do you genuinely think that, factoring in everything, potential signings you think we could and would like to make, the manager too, that we have a chance?

The target for Rovers should be top 6 this coming season. How many times do I need to say this? You are getting annoying again! 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

in regards to "stop listening to other fans opinions" quite simply, no I won't. It is up to us to choose what we want to believe about players who sign or we are linked with, I personally put a lot of stock into what people who watch them week in week out thing, of course this doesn't guarantee how they would do here, they might do better or worse for various reasons, a big one being what position they play, but you don't have to factor that into your own personal judgement. Conversely, I don't put much stock into most of the data analysis, so you may be interested in crosses per game, progressive runs per game, expected goals, expected assists etc, I am not but wouldn't ask you to ignore it.

You are obsess with fans opinions which aren't objective enough and bias. Look at what Sunderland fans said about Graham  before we signed him. You wouldn't have signed him but thankfully Lambert didn't listen to those opinions and signed him here. 

I put alot into data cos it based on what happens in the game

Armstrong had previously scored plenty of goals especially in one season although his goal returns in the last couple of years have been superb and to be honest, well past my expectation of him. So it could happen, but Armstrong is the exception to the rule and even then, there was more there to expect more goals from him compared to Brereton, Gallagher and Rothwell.

See some of us backed Armstrong to score the goals we needed after Dack whilst you yourself were doubtful and negative he would step up despite him being a striker and goal scorer. 

I expect the team to score more goals

Does it matter that we haven't been linked to players? Of course not. What matters is that we haven't signed any yet with pre-season underway, don't seem close to signing any, have missed out on targets, have the same poor manager and many players including our best one who seems destined to leave with only a year left on their deals. Grim.

Who knows what is close or not. Not everything has to be the public domain. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The target for Rovers should be top 6 this coming season. How many times do I need to say this? You are getting annoying again! 

Why should it? There is nothing about the club that say's top six material. Bottom 6 is far more realistic than top 6.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well if thats what you think fair enough but some of us expect better. 

at Ewood this season?

It's not what he WANTS Chadster, it's what he expects based on last season and what is likely to happen between now and the end of the transfer window.

I have to say I'm surprised you appear to have completely erased last season from your memory banks and appear to be basing your optimism that a top 6 challenge is feasible on the assumption that certain players can or will suddenly start performing in a manner they have failed to do previously.

• Like 5

well if thats what you think fair enough but some of us expect better. 

Why do you expect top 6? Just for starters we are managed by someone who you yourself want sacked. The squad is average at very best and very slim, our top scorer from last season will likely go and our top provider in Elliott has already gone. Also the finances suggest that there is little room to bring in much quality in. 

at Ewood this season?

No I'm not renewing this season it is over a 400 mile round trip for me to go Ewood. Going to Ewood for a game takes up a whole day for me and quite frankly I have better things to spend my time and for that matter my money on than watching our club continue to rot under Mowbray. 

• Like 4

We probably have an outside chance of top 6 with a new manager who can get the maximum out of our players. At present and this is no viewpoint on our squad, but with Mowbray in charge we are heading for a relegation battle all season. 

I am not sure bedding youngsters into that environment is the best approach

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not what he WANTS Chadster, it's what he expects based on last season and what is likely to happen between now and the end of the transfer window.

I have to say I'm surprised you appear to have completely erased last season from your memory banks and appear to be basing your optimism that a top 6 challenge is feasible on the assumption that certain players can or will suddenly start performing in a manner they have failed to do previously.

Well we don't know what will go on in the transfer market. 

Have I said I have erased last season. I was and still now bitter disappointed how last season after the backing the manager has had over the last 3 season into building that squad. We should have done better. 

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Why do you expect top 6? Just for starters we are managed by someone who you yourself want sacked. The squad is average at very best and very slim, our top scorer from last season will likely go and our top provider in Elliott has already gone. Also the finances suggest that there is little room to bring in much quality in. 

I think we have young talent attacking players like JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Butterworth etc who can play this style Mowbray wants. 

Yes it is likely that Armstrong will go but depending how we replace him and the goals. I am looking for the team to score goals whether its Lenihan and Ayala to chip or Travis and Buckley from Midfield, or Brereton to score more this season. 

Who knows what the finances are like but I am not expecting big cash signings from most Championship teams this window and expect alot of free transfers, loans and low cash signings. 

I know how and who I would replace Armstrong with. But lets see how the club does this?

33 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No I'm not renewing this season it is over a 400 mile round trip for me to go Ewood. Going to Ewood for a game takes up a whole day for me and quite frankly I have better things to spend my time and for that matter my money on than watching our club continue to rot under Mowbray. 

sad to hear that you arent renewing. 

I can't wait to get back to watch live in stadium football at Ewood Park. last 16 months without has been tough and something I don't to happen again

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what the finances are like but I am expecting big cash signings from most Championship teams this window

Really? After 18 months without fan's in the stadium and the EFL now starting to clamp down on clubs overspending. You may see one or two big money signings from those club coming down from the Premiership but I can't see many other Championship clubs making big cash signings and certainly not most of them.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we have young talent attacking players like JRC, Dolan, Buckley, Butterworth etc who can play this style Mowbray wants. 

Oh come on now. None of them have even cemented a place in the team. How on earth can we be relying on them to get us promoted. 

Yes it is likely that Armstrong will go but depending how we replace him and the goals. I am looking for the team to score goals whether its Lenihan and Ayala to chip or Travis and Buckley from Midfield, or Brereton to score more this season. 

Where's the evidence for this? I mean Ayala getting on the pitch would be a bonus. Travis has never had a huge amount of goals in him. Optimism with no evidence to support it.

Who knows what the finances are like but I am expecting big cash signings from most Championship teams this window and expect alot of free transfers, loans and low cash signings. 

I think we can take an educated guess on the finances based on the evidence of the last few years. 

Stuffed if I know why all evidence is ignored these days for blind optimism. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Really? After 18 months without fan's in the stadium and the EFL now starting to clamp down on clubs overspending. You may see one or two big money signings from those club coming down from the Premiership but I can't see many other Championship clubs making big cash signings.

meant not many big cash signings. 

Will be interest How Rovers will use the Armstrong's money. I expect we see a couple of low cash signings from the money. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Have a feeling we will end up selling our biggest star at the end of the window again and not sign a replacement, blaming on the lack of time to find a suitable one. Groundhog day.

If we're looking at cheap loans then that's a waiting game too, and our team won't gel before we potentially face real trouble. Need to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later, get to work, Tony.

25 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Have a feeling we will end up selling our biggest star at the end of the window again and not sign a replacement, blaming on the lack of time to find a suitable one. Groundhog day.

If we're looking at cheap loans then that's a waiting game too, and our team won't gel before we potentially face real trouble. Need to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later, get to work, Tony.

That's the worry isn't it? That's what happened for Coyle. It didn't help he got no money to spend either but so many of the transfers were last minute it almost was a write off of the first month of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

meant not many big cash signings. 

Will be interest How Rovers will use the Armstrong's money. I expect we see a couple of low cash signings from the money. 

in this wretched era of our proud history rovers operate on the basis  of selling your best player at the last minute for less than the market value,then we don`t have enough time to get a replacement in,mowbray then panics,buys someone cheap and over the hill or gets a complete tool on loan,i.e walton,on the other hand when he was given a sizeable amount to spend and plenty of time to spend it he bought two centre forwards we did`nt need,brought the excellent harrison reed in on loan then preceded to play them all out of position!!!!!!!!and to think some fans think we can finish in the top six😂

Famara Diedhou is being strongly linked with Boro and Swansea on a free transfer. 1 in 3 goal record and a powerful targetman who always seems to cause us problems and can link play too. Too sensible for Mowbray though who would have him out wide in his deluded idealistic tika taka philosophy.

• Like 3