BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 hours ago, pick32 said:

Davenport had already proved himself as a proven championship player before he signed just typical Mowbray hampering his career 

'typical Mowbray' - does the same apply to Armstrong, Dack, Travis, JRC, Kaminski (who went to the euros off the season with us), Raya, Elliott, Dolan? Heck, things even seem to have turned out ok with Brereton for the time being. Nobody can see an alternative life, but these lot seem to have done at least ok in their time under Mowbray at Rovers. 

3 hours ago, alex l said:

'typical Mowbray' - does the same apply to Armstrong, Dack, Travis, JRC, Kaminski (who went to the euros off the season with us), Raya, Elliott, Dolan? Heck, things even seem to have turned out ok with Brereton for the time being. Nobody can see an alternative life, but these lot seem to have done at least ok in their time under Mowbray at Rovers. 

We finished 15th last season and won 2 out of 17 near the end. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Never stopped you in the past! 

🙂

True but I will leave it 

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Davenport hasn't been fit enough or good enough to be given a run in the team in the 3 years he's been at the Club. He's made 25 appearances, most of them off the bench, in 3 years. You want to rely on him?

What has suddenly changed to make him a trusted, reliable Championship quality player?

The same goes for Harry Chapman.

Just because they are here doesn't mean they are good enough or that we shouldn't strive to improve on them.

We have 5 centre midfielders already at the club so signing one more would give us 6 midfielders for 2 or 3 spots. You asking him to be part of the squad here. I think I have been very clearly who my first choice centre midfielders would be to start the season. 

Davenport has shown bits of the player he is like his performance at Brentford away. 

If you have read my posts on here in the last 18 months you will find that I am not a fan of Chapman and wouldn't have re sign him. 

But JH there are here so currently they are part of the 1st team squad and part of the 25 man squad rules

12 hours ago, islander200 said:

Last season you had the same confidence that Brererton (not saying he has been spectacular) would end up in league 2 or Conference and he ended up playing in the Copa America.All I'm saying is you can't be so certain.

Actually that was Buckley I said that about and I still think that is his level. I think that Brereton based on his performances for Rovers looks a League 1 player.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Johnson, Travis, Buckley, Davenport, Rothwell.

Any combination of those fills me with fear.

Can't see what you are bothered about. Just because 2 are often injured, one has only had a couple of games there and one is inconsistent - can't see what the fear is at all. 

I mean I hope Buckley and Davenport can make it there but it is wildly optimistic to assume they will. They could and there's some encouraging signs but that's all they have been - signs not consistent performances there. That makes it a real gamble assuming that they can be relied upon. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Davenport has shown bits of the player he is like his performance at Brentford away. 

He's been here 3 seasons and 'shown bit's'. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. That fact the stand out game you pick out for him is a 25 minute sub appearance says it all.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

True but I will leave it 

We have 5 centre midfielders already at the club so signing one more would give us 6 midfielders for 2 or 3 spots. You asking him to be part of the squad here. I think I have been very clearly who my first choice centre midfielders would be to start the season. 

If you have read my posts on here in the last 18 months you will find that I am not a fan of Chapman and wouldn't have re sign him. 

But JH there are here so currently they are part of the 1st team squad and part of the 25 man squad rules

I'm not sure why you have suddenly become obsessed with the '25 man squad rules'. You never seemed to be bothered about them before the last couple of weeks.

Is this the latest excuse for doing little/no transfer business?

As i see it the following count towards our 25 man squad limit:
Kaminski, Pears, Nyambe, Johnson, Wharton, Lenihan, Ayala, Armstrong, Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton, Davenport, Dack (not likely to be fit to play), Travis, Harry Chapman (inexplicable) and new boy Harry Pickering.

That's 16 players who come in above the 21 year old age category. Others such as JRC, Buckley, Dolan, Carter, Butterworth are aged 21 or under and so are exempt from the squad limit.

As I've said before - we are well short of the limit, but even if we weren't that doesn't mean that we just go with what we have and hope for the best. You offload players who aren't up to it or aren't in the plans and replace them.

I'm sorry but we will have do agree to disagree on Davenport. The fact that you are referring to one game before Christmas last year as evidence of Davenport's abilities speaks volumes. In 3 years I can count on one hand the number of times he's impressed.

If we had done the sensible thing and got shut of this manager and brought in someone else then I might have confidence that these players like Davenport and Chapman might come good or be given a fresh start. But we are still lumbered with the same old manager who has shown little interest in giving either a serious run in the team. So why does that suddenly change now?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure why you have suddenly become obsessed with the '25 man squad rules'. You never seemed to be bothered about them before the last couple of weeks.

Is this the latest excuse for doing little/no transfer business?

As i see it the following count towards our 25 man squad limit:
Kaminski, Pears, Nyambe, Johnson, Wharton, Lenihan, Ayala, Armstrong, Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton, Davenport, Dack (not likely to be fit to play), Travis, Harry Chapman (inexplicable) and new boy Harry Pickering.

That's 16 players who come in above the 21 year old age category. Others such as JRC, Buckley, Dolan, Carter, Butterworth are aged 21 or under and so are exempt from the squad limit.

I did the last night and we have 21 players JH

GK- Kaminski, Pears, Stergiakis

Def- Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton, Carter, Pickering

Mid- JRC, Rothwell, Buckley, Davenport, Johnson, Travis, Chapman, Dack

Str- Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher, Butterworth

That's 21 players just there. 

Then we have Pike who will be back right right back, Dolan for the wing and McBride for up front. 

JRC will be 22 years old on 26th July and Buckley and Carter will both be 22 years old before the 31 December 2021 deadline

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we had done the sensible thing and got shut of this manager and brought in someone else

Do we need to keep going over the manager situation daily like a broken record? 

Mowbray is still here as manager and owners(Balaji) has backed him for some unknown reasons

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do we need to keep going over the manager situation daily like a broken record? 

Mowbray is still here as manager and owners(Balaji) has backed him for some unknown reasons

Yes we do need to keep going over it like a broken record. And I will keep on going on about it until I give up with the Club or he clears off. I wish I didn't have to and wish I could look forward with optimism under a trustworthy group of people but after the shenanigans and failure of the last 12 months that can't happen.

Just because the idiots who run this Club want to look after their mate and take the cheap and easy route in life doesn't mean supporters, particularly those who are being asked to cough up their hard earned cash every year, should accept it.

Mowbray runs the Club and has his tentacles into the boardroom, owners, coaching and recruitment. That is unacceptable and it influences or controls every facet of the Club.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 9

50 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Actually that was Buckley I said that about and I still think that is his level. I think that Brereton based on his performances for Rovers looks a League 1 player.

Either way Butterworth hasn't played enough for you to be so sure he is not up to championship level.

Can't imagine there is anyone at Southampton on a wage that we will be willing to pay, so expect that rules out any players in exchange. At best we will be looking for more heavily subsidised loans and kick the can down the road.

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes we do need to keep going over it like a broken record. And I will keep on going on about it until I give up with the Club or he clears off. I wish I didn't have to and wish I could look forward with optimism under a trustworthy group of people but after the shenanigans and failure of the last 12 months that can't happen.

Just because the idiots who run this Club want to look after their mate and take the cheap and easy route in life doesn't mean supporters, particularly those who are being asked to cough up their hard earned cash every year, should accept it.

Mowbray runs the Club and has his tentacles into the boardroom, owners, coaching and recruitment. That is unacceptable and it influences or controls every facet of the Club.

Please leave me out of any of these discussions as I bored of going over it day after day week after week. 

They are the owners of the club and business that is BRFC.

I am more than willing to cough my hard earned cash to watch my club each season. No manager will ever stop me from attending games at Ewood Park. 

The owners clearly trust Mowbray as other people who have more inside info than me. But he is out of contract in 12 months time and I expect him to go by then if not before. 

Why shouldn't Mowbray have his tentacles into the coaching set up and recruitment department since he is the manager of the football club?

These why shouldn't TM be involved in the recruitment/scouting/coaching set up doesn't half irritate me. The answer is obvious that he is incompetent and corrupt. In such an instance a manager having involvement is a real issue. 

Its like saying why shouldn't I be able to drive to work? And in principle it's fine, it's right and natural that I do. However if I can't see the road or am a drunk driver the natural and obvious thing to do changes. I shouldn't be anywhere near a car.

Same with a manager in this situation too (although the natural and obvious thing to do would be to pot him as well.)

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please leave me out of any of these discussions as I bored of going over it day after day week after week. 

They are the owners of the club and business that is BRFC.

I am more than willing to cough my hard earned cash to watch my club each season. No manager will ever stop me from attending games at Ewood Park. 

The owners clearly trust Mowbray as other people who have more inside info than me. But he is out of contract in 12 months time and I expect him to go by then if not before. 

Why shouldn't Mowbray have his tentacles into the coaching set up and recruitment department since he is the manager of the football club?

Did we win games last season only they know about or something? 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Says the bloke who continually posts about wanting a Director of Football system in place here.

• Like 4